PDA

View Full Version : Maha Music Festival

jmlight
08-14-2015, 09:26 PM
We drove from Oklahoma City to see the Jayhawks in Omaha tomorrow. Anyone else going?

jmlight
08-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Well, it was a great show! I met Gary in the lobby of the hotel on the festival grounds the morning of the show and he was gracious enough to talk to me for a couple of minutes.

On his way out, he said, "We'll try a few new songs, and some old ones."

I thought by "new" he meant stuff from the reissues. But the band played some brand new songs from "a new album." I was blown away.

I wasn't going to get on here and mention it but there are a couple of articles online that talk about it too so I figured it would be okay. If I've overstepped any boundaries I do apologize.

So glad we made the drive!

nutshell
08-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Glad to hear this, and good to know the new songs 'blew you away'!
Can't wait to hear them myself!

jmlight
08-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I should clarify I was blown away that the songs were indeed new. I mean, they were great, all of them, particularly "Comeback Kids", but I had no idea I was going to get to hear them going in, which is why I was blown away.

I'm just glad they're still making new music. It's very encouraging and it makes me happy.

JoMama
08-19-2015, 06:25 PM
I should clarify I was blown away that the songs were indeed new. I mean, they were great, all of them, particularly "Comeback Kids", but I had no idea I was going to get to hear them going in, which is why I was blown away.

I'm just glad they're still making new music. It's very encouraging and it makes me happy.

:) me too...

zebulon
08-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Add me to the list.