PDA

View Full Version : Madrid 10 April 2015

mykstermagic
04-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Well, just got back to the UK from seeing the band in Madrid.

A really good show, and as Zebulon mentioned, Gary announced that they hope to have a new album about in January ("Nuevo disco - Enero") which is awesome news.

Setlist:
I'm gonna make you love me
Aint no end
Sixteen Down
Big Star
Stumbling through the dark
Somewhere in Ohio
Take me with you (when you go)
Save it for a rainy day
Tampa to Tulsa
Waiting for the Sun
Smile
Settled down like rain
Trouble
Baby baby baby
Angelyne
Blue
I'd run away
--------------
All the right reasons
Bad time (Marc on guitar)
Tailspin

At first Gary tried to get the crowd going by getting them to sing the backing vocal of the chorus to Save it for a rainy day, but seemed disappointed at the lacklustre response.......but it became apparent during the song that it was because the Spanish simply want to sing the lead part! All in all a very enthusiastic sell out crowd - I'd reckon the place holds around a thousand people and it was crammed. They also impressed my wife, so another fan gained there!!

It was nice to see that in the Spanish national daily newspaper, ABC, there was a half page article on the band, giving some welcome profile. Here is the online link to that: http://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/20150410/abci-jayhawks-entrevista-conciertos-201504091342.html

Fortunate to see all the band at the after show event, and they are all really enjoying things with this lineup and looking forward to writing new chapters in the Jayhawks cannon.

I also asked about the yahoo webcast, and Gary & Marc both said that they believe that they get the rights to it at some point, and agreed it would be a good thing to put out or to sell at shows, and hinted thing were happening to that effect so fingers crossed.

I am sure the rest of the tour will be well received - enjoy Zebulon!!

Martin

Calexico
04-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Looks like Spain was the place to be this last few days. :)

mystic_spiral_3
04-13-2015, 08:50 PM
I like the new album news :)

bryguy
04-14-2015, 01:17 AM
New album in january????????? Sah-WEET!