PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks LIVE finally arrives but not as expected...

musicdoc
04-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Hello folks, though it isn't the live Jayhawks CD we had been waiting for, for oh about 10 years, this will have to do in the meantime. Chris Riemenschneider in today's Star Tribune reported:

""Live at the Belly-Up" a digital only project due April 7th via iTunes, Amazon,Spotify etc. The 20 song, 80 minute set was captured live in January at the Belly Up Tavern near San Diego. With the band's permission, the club's staff recorded the show as part of a series of recordings issued via its website. The recording proved to be of such high quality that the Jayhawks want to give it a wider release. "

sacred roots
04-04-2015, 01:54 PM
This is the same album that's been available from the Belly Up website (widely pimped on various Jayhawks properties and first mentioned here 2 months ago) but it's going into wider digital release. It's still available (for cheaper) from the BU website - and that version is 320K MP3 which, if I'm not mistaken, is better than what you can get from iTunes, Amazon, E Music, etc.

The Belly Up is still working on a high-res version but, for some reason, it's taking them forever to get this ready. Hope to have good news in that department very soon.

mykstermagic
04-05-2015, 08:37 AM
A smart move to get something out from this tour to a wider (hopefully) audience. I still hope that the band will speak to the folks behind the Yahoo live webcast to see if a dvd/official download of that performance could be released, as that would be a fabulous record of what has been a great tour and (imho) period in the bands history.

ChiefCrowe
04-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm all for releasing the webcast.. they don't have a lot of official video available.

A smart move to get something out from this tour to a wider (hopefully) audience. I still hope that the band will speak to the folks behind the Yahoo live webcast to see if a dvd/official download of that performance could be released, as that would be a fabulous record of what has been a great tour and (imho) period in the bands history.

bryguy
04-07-2015, 01:00 PM
iTunes wouldn't post my review since it mentioned where you could buy the download for less. It bugs that the first guy to review it hasn't even heard it.

Roqdawg
04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Anyone seen this yet?...High Res FLAC!

https://us.7digital.com/artist/the-jayhawks/release/live-at-the-belly-up?origin=www

Hemisphire
11-19-2015, 12:12 PM
Live at the Belly Up now available free (or with a tip) at http://noisetrade.com/thejayhawks/live-at-the-belly-up.