PDA

View Full Version : Radio King!

CaffeineZombie
03-09-2015, 10:26 AM
TWEEDY played at First Avenue in Minneapolis last night. Great show!

Gary came out for the encore and did "Long Time Ago" and "Radio King"
with Jeff. :)

Then he strapped on the SG for "Give Back The Key To My Heart"
and "California Stars" w/ the full TWEEDY band.

(I'm a total zombie this morning) ;)

wheelhousetunes
03-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Not a big fan of the Tweedy project (or anything he's done the last 5-10 years), but that would've been cool!

I love "Long Time Ago" and they probably haven't played that one live together, if ever.

TWEEDY played at First Avenue in Minneapolis last night. Great show!

Gary came out for the encore and did "Long Time Ago" and "Radio King"
with Jeff. :)

Then he strapped on the SG for "Give Back The Key To My Heart"
and "California Stars" w/ the full TWEEDY band.

(I'm a total zombie this morning) ;)

david_skoglund
03-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Damn.

I was there last night, but I had to leave about halfway through the Tweedy set.

ChiefCrowe
03-09-2015, 12:35 PM
This is super awesome! Please tell me that someone posted a video clip of Radio King !!!

CaffeineZombie
03-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Damn.

I was there last night, but I had to leave about halfway through the Tweedy set.

:( You probably missed the Neil cover, too?! :(

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you more last night. I wanted
to be up close and you guys ended up standing further back...

david_skoglund
03-09-2015, 01:41 PM
What was the Neil cover?

We ended up standing right behind the soundboard. A bit removed from the action and the overcrowding.

david_skoglund
03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Never mind. I found the setlist in the Star Tribune review. There is also a picture of Gary on stage.

I left after "Love Like A Wire" so I missed lots of goodness. Now I'm even more disappointed with myself. :)

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/blogs/295602391.html

Here's Sunday's set list(s):

WITH THE BAND: Fake Fur Coat / Diamond Light Pt.1 / Flowering / World Away / New Moon / Nobody Dies Anymore / Hazel / Summer Noon / You Are Not Alone / Love Like a Wire (Diane Izzo cover) / Wait For Love / High As Hello / Low Key

SOLO ACOUSTIC: Via Chicago / I Am Trying to Break Your Heart / New Madrid / Hotel Arizona / Passenger Side / Please Tell My Brother / Born Alone / Jesus, Etc. / I’m the Man Who Loves You

WITH BAND AGAIN: Please Don't Let Me Be So Understood / Only the Lord Knows (Mavis Staples cover) / The Losing End (Neil Young cover) WITH GARY LOURIS: Long Time Ago / Radio King / Give Back the Key to My Heart (Doug Sahm cover) / California Stars

sacred roots
03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I love "Long Time Ago" and they probably haven't played that one live together, if ever.

It was done at the Golden Smog show at the Vic in Chicago in 2006, the only show with Jeff on that brief tour. That's the only previous live performance of the song that I'm aware of.