PDA

View Full Version : Spring will take The Jayhawks to my hometown again

zebulon
01-20-2015, 12:29 PM
:) I am a happy man. A friend just texted me: They are coming. April 11. Hooka hey!!! Best news so far this year after a miserable -got sick- Christmas break. Check the official page for all the shows planned in Spain. Iīll make some!!! ;) Excited after all the great reviews from the West Coast tour.

bryguy
01-20-2015, 09:37 PM
you'll love it!! enjoy.

mykstermagic
01-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Given that the wonderful Liverpool show from last Summer lacked Dying on the Vine and Smile, both of which I'd dearly like to see live again, and also given that I just think this current line up is my favourite one, and is playing super good right now, and given my long term fear that each time I see the Jayhawks here in the UK, it may well be for the last time (and I have not heard of any plans for them to come back to old blighty as part of a European jaunt), I am strongly considering nipping over to the Fatherland and trying to catch the Madrid show.
Now that involves some tricky negotiation with the Mrs....basically along the lines of dragging her along too....but if Sacred Roots can drop a hint or two for the setlist, it'd make it very worthwhile!!

Oleo
01-31-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm no insider but the last two shows they played in the US included Smile but did not include Dying on the Vine.

bryguy
01-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Given that the wonderful Liverpool show from last Summer lacked Dying on the Vine and Smile, both of which I'd dearly like to see live again, and also given that I just think this current line up is my favourite one, and is playing super good right now, and given my long term fear that each time I see the Jayhawks here in the UK, it may well be for the last time (and I have not heard of any plans for them to come back to old blighty as part of a European jaunt), I am strongly considering nipping over to the Fatherland and trying to catch the Madrid show.
Now that involves some tricky negotiation with the Mrs....basically along the lines of dragging her along too....but if Sacred Roots can drop a hint or two for the setlist, it'd make it very worthwhile!!

The core of the setlist seems pretty well set, with changes here and there to spice it up. The exact setlist for that night I wouldn't think is set yet. You gotta have the element of surprise.

zebulon
02-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Canīt wait for these shows! I will make four!! First in my hometown -11th April-, Bilbao. Lots of friends will meet for lunch before the show, enjoy some food, wine, music and friendship, and the show!!! On the 14th I will go by plane to Barcelona, see them with a couple of Catalan good friends, and then, next day, by bus to Zaragoza (april 15th). Back home and to work on the 16th. And on the 17th I will go to Iruņa/Pamplona. GO JAYHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

zebulon
03-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Jim and Sharon, check flights, and come to Bilbao on April 11th! :)

mykstermagic
03-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Flights from UK and hotel in Madrid booked, and tickets sorted. Am even treating the wife to her first Jayhawks show. Really looking forward to this - they were super great in Liverpool last year, and by all accounts at pretty much every show since as well.

So more of the same please!!! (Or if you want to mix it up, I wouldn't say "no" to a SOL album show in Madrid)

Viva Jayhawks!!

zebulon
04-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Just a few days -three- left for the kick off of this tour! Hope the band fly safe! We canīt wait to see them play live again. Just wondering if all our Spaniard mates -Jony, Luis, Nuria,...- are still around and will make to any of the shows.;)

zebulon
04-05-2015, 09:26 AM
And "mykstermagic", enjoy the gig in Madrid!

mykstermagic
04-06-2015, 02:17 PM
Gracias Zebulon. Espero que usted también disfruta de los conciertos, especiamente el de Bilbao !

zebulon
04-08-2015, 06:38 AM
Eskerrik asko! That´s "gracias" in Basque.:)

Besides, Bilbao gig this Saturday is sold out! Good for the band!