View Full Version : 930 Club DC 10/24

10-25-2014, 03:09 PM
The Jayhawks put on a great show last night. Early show that started at 7 and ended a little after 9. Slow start. But they revved it up by the 4th or 5th song. Really enjoyed hearing songs from Smile. I did not see Stephen McCarthy, hoping he would make it. I had forgotten how great songs from Sound of Lies sound live. I love that guitar Gary plays for Sound of Lies songs. He just looks like a rock god when he plays it. The band really enjoyed playing at the club and they were so gracious to talk to fans after the performance. I had forgotten how tall Karen is and how short Perlman is. Mark P. was sporting a new porkpie hat that fits him very well. There was a really nice turn out I thought. The club looked close to packed. They played a different version of Tailspin at the end that was fun to listen to. I asked everyone but Gary about their thoughts on a new record. They seemed to be up for it. I hope Gary decides to proceed with another record. The Jayhawks are lucky to have such a small but dedicated following. If this is the last Jayhawks show I ever see than I have a good memory to Smile about....

10-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Nice review jebstuart. I really like the part about a possible new album :).

10-27-2014, 12:12 PM

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
The Man Who Loved Life
Stumbling Through The Dark
Think About It
Mr. Sandman (tease)
Looking Forward To Seeing You
Take Me With You When You Go
Save It For A Rainy Day
Somewhere In Ohio
Bottomless Cup
Waiting For The Sun
Drivin' Wheel
Last Cigarette
Big Star
Tampa To Tulsa
I'd Run Away

Tailspin (inbred version)
Revolution Blues
Until You Came Along

10-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Kraig really gets into this song. Never heard this one live before, just on some bootlegs. Of course Gary rocks out on the guitar solo. That was really fun as were the other Golden Smog songs. Maybe the time is right for another Golden Smog record?