PDA

View Full Version : Oct 21 Charlotte show live video stream

sacred roots
10-20-2014, 07:28 PM
The Charlotte show on Tuesday is being live video streamed by a company called Tourpedo. Cost is $5.99 and the show starts at 9-9:15.

https://tourpedo.com/shows/the-jayhawks

reiggin
10-21-2014, 11:57 PM
I was there and WOW what a show. It's been 12 years or so since I've seen the band and I honestly went in a little apprehensive. The last show, during the RDM tour, felt like they were phoning it in and Marc especially didn't seem to be enjoying himself back then.

But tonight -- TONIGHT -- was different! The band was on fire. So tight and so perfect. You stand up there and you just realize how underrated Gary is as a guitarist. And they were all having so much fun. Someone said in a review of the Austin show last week that Marc looked serious. Not tonight! He was cutting up, rocking out, and smiling from ear to ear. Absolutely different from when I saw them last, too. That alone made me incredibly happy.

Gina, from the Trapper Schoepp band, played fiddle with them for at least half the show. She was cute and you could tell how much she enjoyed being invited on stage.

I'll let someone else post the setlist as I'm sure to get some of it wrong but highlights for me included "Until You Came Along," "Last Cigarette," and insanely rocking version of "Big Star."

The encore was 5 songs if I counted right. I don't know. I was losing my mind by the end. Such an amazing evening.

Oh, and I was leaving the venue and merch table and overheard someone say, "Look... it's Gary Louris." He wandered over to the merch table right then and I was able to slide back in, shake his hand, and get a signature on the 7" I had picked up.

bryguy
10-22-2014, 12:03 AM
I was there and WOW what a show. It's been 12 years or so since I've seen the band and I honestly went in a little apprehensive. The last show, during the RDM tour, felt like they were phoning it in and Marc especially didn't seem to be enjoying himself back then.

But tonight -- TONIGHT -- was different! The band was on fire. So tight and so perfect. You stand up there and you just realize how underrated Gary is as a guitarist. And they were all having so much fun. Someone said in a review of the Austin show last week that Marc looked serious. Not tonight! He was cutting up, rocking out, and smiling from ear to ear. Absolutely different from when I saw them last, too. That alone made me incredibly happy.

Gina, from the Trapper Schoepp band, played fiddle with them for at least half the show. She was cute and you could tell how much she enjoyed being invited on stage.

I'll let someone else post the setlist as I'm sure to get some of it wrong but highlights for me included "Until You Came Along," "Last Cigarette," and insanely rocking version of "Big Star."

The encore was 5 songs if I counted right. I don't know. I was losing my mind by the end. Such an amazing evening.

Oh, and I was leaving the venue and merch table and overheard someone say, "Look... it's Gary Louris." He wandered over to the merch table right then and I was able to slide back in, shake his hand, and get a signature on the 7" I had picked up.

Sounds like you had a blast! Very cool indeed. I saw much of the show, but missed some. Can't wait for the West Coast Swing!

mykstermagic
11-11-2014, 07:44 AM
I am really hoping that either the band is able to put this show & the yahoo Live show out as dvd / official download or that someone out there has managed to capture these 2 shows and can get them out in circulation.
I think the band is really nailing it at the moment & would love to be able to see these shows over & over.
And of course, another UK trip in the New Year would not go amiss either!

wheelhousetunes
11-11-2014, 09:13 AM
I am really hoping that either the band is able to put this show & the yahoo Live show out as dvd / official download or that someone out there has managed to capture these 2 shows and can get them out in circulation.
I think the band is really nailing it at the moment & would love to be able to see these shows over & over.

I've been hoping the same. Been checking YouTube and the download sites almost daily. I'll post here if I ever find anything.

bryguy
11-11-2014, 11:18 AM

100% with you. From watching all the steams and other videos of this tour online, the band is just in a zone. The so clearly are having tremendous fun, and that's just pouring out of their music. DVD= must.

mykstermagic
11-11-2014, 05:11 PM
I realise there are probably rights issues etc but seriously this needs to happen - it could take the place of the long mooted live album....or better still, these could be 2 official live album & DVD releases. Surely there must be enough fans out there willing to make this a viable proposition?

bryguy
11-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I realise there are probably rights issues etc but seriously this needs to happen - it could take the place of the long mooted live album....or better still, these could be 2 official live album & DVD releases. Surely there must be enough fans out there willing to make this a viable proposition?

That would be so cool. They could use Kickstarter for the project!!