PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis 10/18/14 The Vogue

unknown steps
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Great show Saturday night! Opening band, Trapper Shoepp were good. The 'Hawks were great, one point it looked like Gary changed the setlist line up as eveyone seemed a little confused as he called out " Band Meeting". :) John Jackson played with the band, some fiddle and mandolin and seemed to fit in well. Probaly have seen a dozen Jayhawks shows, they were as tight sounding and relaxed looking as anytime I have seen them over the years. Tim, Marc, Kraig, Karen, Gary and new part time John looked to be having a good time. Gary even remembered a couple who got engaged at their 2002 show here in Indy and called out to them to see if they were here. After finding them in the audience, he called them up on the stage, they were shy but it was a nice moment. No one knows how many more times the band will tour, but no matter what line up of the band is your favorite, these are the Jayhawks and it doesn't get any better than this. "Ain't No End" and Last Cigarette" were terriffic and the GS versions of "Until You Came Along", "Looking Forward" and "Jennifer Save Me" just added the right touch and who doesn't love hearing them do Neil's "Sedan Delivery"? Might be a road trip in the future, I need to see this show again!

jacieb
10-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Great review - and Jennifer Save Me!!!!!!