PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Conundrum

JumboFun
10-02-2014, 12:44 AM
With all this euphoric Jayhwaks touring I naturally want to see them. I want to soak up all that Jayhawks music, and smiley good vibes you get from bouncing around in about the third row, ("Queen of the World" is playing right now, makes a person all jittery)

I'd like to see them in Atlanta. Thinking about all the times Ive seen them there, in so many incarnations. All incredible shows. I'm sure the one coming up, Oct. 20th, at the wonderful Variety Theater will be no different. It will shine, shine, shine. You can lay down your money and walk on in. Everyone smiling and dancing up front, no chairs there. Chairs at a Jayhawks show are just wrong...imho.

Sad for me, the closest I will be to a show is Summervile Ma, where one must sit, and God only knows how to acquire a ticket within the first twenty farking rows. Seriously, i have been trying since day one. I mean, is it ticket bastard, and all the other suckling, maggot, scalpers, making tickets unavailable? Or is this lack of ticket phenomenon promo indulgences?

Pleeease, anyone got an answer? Or possible an extra ticket for sale for under 170 bucks fer feck sakes.

Patty out,
i love you JH Fans. Glad to see y'all here.

JoMama
10-02-2014, 06:40 AM
Sad to see you're out of town, Patty. I was clinging to a thread of hope I could make it to the Atlanta show, stopping off to see the Georgia Guidestones, and perhaps spending some time in Athens. Gosh that would be awesome two day date for my wife and I... I have a psychologist friend and her husband to meet up with down there in Hot 'Lanta, but it's a tough night to do that show, work the next day then go on to Charlotte's show...

JumboFun
10-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Hey JoMama, yeah the show in Atlanta is a Monday night that's a bitch. Sounds like a nice little road trip. It would have been a blast to finally meet you. Fisheye was really into those standing stones. I think he was making a documentary about them too. No doubt you're seeing The Jayhawks at the Orange Peel?

I would truly love to attend the Atlanta show and I will miss it by mere days. I'm not just going to miss it, but I'm going to miss it big time. My Southern journey has come to an end. My family is moving back to Canada in just a few days, and though I'm getting kicked in the crunt by bad timing, I feel there is something kind of auspicious about it too.

I moved here, to the southern U.S. ten years ago, in the midst of a Jayhawks tour and excitement, and I leave amidst another tour, and the excitement about Mark Olson's new album. It's been a good ten years by and large. My kids were just wee critters when we moved here, now just yesterday my husband took our eldest son up to Ohio to attend College, (they have a quarterly system and start late). We are leaving a bit of us behind in our son. The other one is going with. He's only in grade eight, (gonna attend public school in Canada for the first time too, very exciting!).

I certainly couldn't have asked for a better run of seeing my favourite band, and I've tried hard to introduce my kids friends to The Jayhawks too. Just this morning, my sons friend came over to help me with my dogs, (car gone with boys and husband) and I played TTGG, Salvation Blues, and Smile. I'm trying to encourage their parents to take their kids to the Atlanta show, not just because The Jayhawks create beautiful music, but also because I think they are an iconic American band and the kids are lucky to have the chance to experience them now.

Anyway, I still have my conundrum and would appreciate any input on how a person could attain not a shit ticket. We are moving to New Brunswick, about a ten hour drive from the Summervile show. I would do the drive gladly, but if I bought the closest ticket I can get, which, at this point is back row, orchestra, far side, and I got there and saw people in front of me, and I would wonder how the feck did they get those tickets? I might be inclined to freak out, and that would not be in keeping with the good Jayhawks vibe.

JoMama
10-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Fisheye's documentary has a Facebook page, for those interested. Georgia Guidestones I think is the name...

Patty, so happy to hear about you folks moving up to Canada--that sounds like a wonderful change of scenery. I'm certainly jealous. :)

I hope you find a ticket, I'm sure something will come about. Perhaps you could keep an eye on Craigslist as well. Sometimes folks pass tickets on when they're unable to attend a show.

JumboFun
10-04-2014, 02:15 AM
https://www.facebook.com/143498112366208/photos/a.143562775693075.25858.143498112366208/384864708229546/?type=1&theater

or

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/453426682/the-georgia-guidestones-movie

yup, it's Fisheye :). Have you seen this Joe?

JoMama
10-04-2014, 05:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/143498112366208/photos/a.143562775693075.25858.143498112366208/384864708229546/?type=1&theater

or

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/453426682/the-georgia-guidestones-movie

yup, it's Fisheye :). Have you seen this Joe?

Not yet, it's showings were rather limited. There's plenty of time to waste watching the conspiracy theorists talk about it on YouTube