PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl

axeeugene
09-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Just got a call from the Electric Fetus saying the Sound of Lies vinyl is waiting for me, so I guess that means the re-releases are out now. Might have to make a special trip into the city tomorrow just to make the pickup!

sacred roots
09-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Just got a call from the Electric Fetus saying the Sound of Lies vinyl is waiting for me, so I guess that means the re-releases are out now. Might have to make a special trip into the city tomorrow just to make the pickup!

You guess? The Sept 30 release date was announced several weeks ago. :)

axeeugene
09-30-2014, 04:03 PM
We all know how reliable release dates on vinyl can be, though, don't we, sacred roots? :)

CaffeineZombie
09-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Better grab a Kurt Vile album when you're at the Fetus! :p:p:p

sacred roots
09-30-2014, 05:07 PM
We all know how reliable release dates on vinyl can be, though, don't we, sacred roots? :)

LOL. Yes, you have a point. I was extremely nervous until the promos showed up about a week ago.

lukpac
10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Hey PD, I'm just curious: was the vinyl cut from digital masters created by Vic Anesini, or was it cut directly from the analog tapes? I had assumed the former (which IMO is fine), but some people think the HTH and TTGG LPs were cut directly from the analog tapes.

sacred roots
10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey PD, I'm just curious: was the vinyl cut from digital masters created by Vic Anesini, or was it cut directly from the analog tapes? I had assumed the former (which IMO is fine), but some people think the HTH and TTGG LPs were cut directly from the analog tapes.

All five were cut from 24 bit digital masters. The recent UMe HTH/TTGG vinyl releases done at QRP used the metal plates made at RTI in 2010.

lukpac
10-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Thanks!