PDA

View Full Version : Save It For A Rainy Day

J. Chamberlain
09-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Ho do you feel about Save It For A Rainy Day?

fortuleo
09-17-2014, 05:31 AM
One of his best pop songs, one of the best pop songs I ever heard.

I will always remember the first time I heard in a little english town where I travelled to attend a Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart show (ever heard of them ? They are brilliant).

The song was played very low on the venue speakers while waiting for the show. The music was so low I could barely discern it, but I did get that immediate reaction, when you seem to recognize a sound that you love.
As it turned out, the guy who organized the show was the publisher of a country magazine called "Maverick" and he had received the album in advance (waaaaaaayyy in advance). I begged and begged and begged for him to burn a CD for me but he refused to do it and i had to wait for weeks before hearing the song again. Precious memories.

J. Chamberlain
09-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the post, Leo. Great stuff there.

ChiefCrowe
09-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I think it's pretty great. Hadn't heard it in a while but it still is a strong and catchy song. still know how to play it too! I liked it so much i pretty much almost burned out on it when the album first came out.. still remember listening to it on constant rotation.

I hope that one day more songs from the RDM sessions come out. I seem to recall a HUGE list they were picking from in an article long time ago.

JoMama
09-20-2014, 06:45 AM
Great little song full of all those poppy, hooky things that you can't make with any sort of formula. You either got it or you ain't, and Gary's got it.
But enough, Mister Chamberlain, how about starting another poll for "You Look So Young" or "Eyes of Sarah Jane"?

This album's chock full of musical delicacies...

Jiff
09-24-2014, 12:31 AM
I think it's one of Gary's "finest moments", just as I do Tailspin. Both catchy songs with themes of human descent. Interesting that fans here appear to like Save It For A Rainy Day a lot more than Tailspin, with 14 for "finest moment" and 4 for "good song" vs Tailspin's 8 for "finest moment" and 17 for "good".

They're a couple of several Jayhawks songs I like enough to have learned. Save It...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjEc5RwxMc