View Full Version : Simpsons 150 "Best"

09-08-2014, 10:07 PM

It's not definitive, and there are some blatant bad calls here. For example, "A Fish Called Selma" deserves a MUCH higher ranking, and the best line from that episode is clearly -
Louie: Hey I thought you said Troy McClure was dead.
Fat Tony: No, what I said is that he sleeps with the fishes!

Still, coming off the FXX marathon, I thought this was a fun read (although by the time we reached number 28, my husband told me the list was crap and that I needed to get off the internet for the evening).

09-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Thanks I am going to check out that list. How many did you manage to watch during the marathon?

09-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I still watch new episodes but I do believe that it's best days are far behind them. A bit like myself really.....

09-09-2014, 02:40 PM
We only caught a few this time around. I was thrilled, however, to introduce my daughter to the magic that is the Springfield Monorail.

09-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Doctor: Mr. Simpson, this procedure could drastically increase your brain power, or it could possibly kill you.

Homer: Hmmm... Increase my killing power, eh? Let's do it!

09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
The Simpsons marathon was welcomed, but unfortunately, it happened during a week of lots of work, overtime, and school starting for the young ones. A week earlier and I would have checked into a cheap motel with a TV and watched 'em until I dropped....

09-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I had family visiting during the marathon. I informed them that FXX would be on at all times when the tv was on. My apartment, my tv, my cable bill. My dad respected that and watched and laughed with me. My sisters just played on their computers. My mom watched off and on. I loved seeing the old episodes and reciting the dialog along with the show. It was also fun to catch some older ones that aren't on dvd yet.

09-09-2014, 11:29 PM
sweet!!! monorail!! I just watched a while back the one with the forbidden donut on Halloween, so great.

One of my all time favs is also when Homer has to go to NYC to get his car back!

Did anyone see the recent Lego episode? i loved it.

09-10-2014, 12:07 AM
The lego ep was REALLY clever. I watched it with my daughter....and I was so grateful that so many of the questionable jokes seemed to go right over her head.

09-10-2014, 01:42 PM
One of my all time favs is also when Homer has to go to NYC to get his car back!

09-10-2014, 02:10 PM
That is an awesome photo. The last halloween ep. with the Del Toro intro was pretty good too. Always enjoyed those...

There's supposed to be a family guy and a futurama crossover coming up, that should be fun.

09-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I also enjoyed the Lego episode.

I admit to still watching the show every Sunday at 8pm. I'll grudgingly admit the quality isn't as good as in the past. However, it will be a very sad day for me when the show ends, so I hope it doesn't anytime soon. My Simpsons fandom predates my SA/Jayhawks fandom by a few years.

09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Season 4. Was Conan really the deciding factor? Not sure...but it was a golden age of quotable episodes.