PDA

View Full Version : Stick In The Mud

Shug
09-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I noticed that over three nights in the Twin Cities, all songs from Sound Of Lies were played except Stick In The Mud. That is disappointing to me as I think it is one of the loveliest songs in the entire Jayhawks cannon. Getting to hear Two Hearts twice did help ease the sting of no Stick In The Mud, but I still hope to hear this lineup play that song.

Sacred Roots, do you know if they rehearsed this one or why they might not want to play it?

sacred roots
09-08-2014, 02:01 PM
It was rehearsed and indeed was on the early draft of the Saturday night setlist. Not sure why it didn't make the cut. A personal fave of mine as well.

lukpac
09-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Same here. It's the penultimate track on my personal Jayhawks comp.

Shug
09-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks, as always, sacred roots, for the helpful inside info. I do appreciate it and it gives me more reason to see some more shows to know that there is a pretty good chance Stick In The Mud will make an appearance this tour!

JoMama
09-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks, as always, sacred roots, for the helpful inside info. I do appreciate it and it gives me more reason to see some more shows to know that there is a pretty good chance Stick In The Mud will make an appearance this tour!

If they play this in Asheville along with 'Baby Baby Baby' that would be cool... ;) :cool: