PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo live video steam tonight

sacred roots
09-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Reminder: tonights First Ave show will be live video streamed by Yahoo at 9:45pm CDT sharp.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/the-jayhawks

patrickhayes
09-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Kicking off with I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

ungere
09-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Loving it!

patrickhayes
09-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Stumbling Through the Dark

This looks great and the mix is pretty solid.

patrickhayes
09-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Man Who Loved Life

patrickhayes
09-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I guess if you can read this you can probably stream so the set list updates are useless.

Last Cigarette is a surprise. In a good way.

patrickhayes
09-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Crazy how much Tim sounds like Mark sometimes

Yakko Warner
09-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Good gracious, this is wonderful. I've had the pleasure of seeing them four times live and I must say, watching this concert in my kitchen on my iPad is a unique and delightful experience. Everyone brought their "A" game tonight!

"Jayhawks circa 2014" must record, simple as that. They're just too damned good not to, really.

Haggischomper
09-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Crazy how much Tim sounds like Mark sometimes

But less of an asshole

bryguy
09-07-2014, 12:03 AM
two words: wow

there is such a GREAT chem with this band. they are having FUN and sound absolutely amazing.

I often wondered what Karen's piano and vox would have sounded like on RDM. All the Right Reason.... wow. Tampa to Tulsa! Are you kidding me??? flawless, room to move, just great.

i canNOT wait for the west coast trip!

Yakko Warner
09-07-2014, 12:15 AM
I can't say enough about how much Kraig Johnson brings to this band. His vocals and guitar work are top notch! Was that hot number he fronted in the encore an old Run Westy Run tune? It was terrific! (not very familiar with RWR's output...)

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Neil Young

bryguy
09-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Reminder: tonights First Ave show will be live video streamed by Yahoo at 9:45pm CDT sharp.

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/the-jayhawks

Dr. Larson- do you happen to know if these shows are archived on the net for viewing again?

gracias

patrickhayes
09-07-2014, 01:01 AM
It's replaying presently

JoMama
09-07-2014, 01:04 AM
I dunno about archived or not, but once the show was over, they just started it over again... :D:D:D

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 01:39 AM
But less of an asshole

This is true. I don't even know Mark Olson, but I know Tim O'Reagan is the antithesis of asshole.

And his voice is superior to other former Jayhawks.

Wish I could've made it to these weekend shows.

JoMama
09-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Dr. Larson- do you happen to know if these shows are archived on the net for viewing again?

gracias

it looks like there's an archive on yahoo live nation---not sure how long it stays up there, but for sure gonna keep returning to it... :D

zebulon
09-07-2014, 02:15 AM
This is awesome! Great to see them play live from my hometown, Bilbao, -home, by the way, of the USA basketball team in the current World Cup- thousands of kilometres away from the place!

Seeing this reminds me that the "only" thing that I missed in the reissues of the last three albums is a proper dvd with one of their concerts! Will it happen some day Sacred Roots?

As for all the discussion about who has the right to use the name of the band or who is to blame for all this mess, I think that numbers count. Of the five who toured and rehearsed and played together before and after the release of MT, four are still friends and are part of the band. It means something. At least it does to me.

My suggestion: donīt look too much back, not if it hurts. Focus on their careers. Mark on his, and the rest on theirs, whatever form they take. Hope The Jayhawks will be one of them for a long period!:)

JoMama
09-07-2014, 02:16 AM
But less of an asshole

[QUOTE=axeeugene;231006]This is true. I don't even know Mark Olson, but I know Tim O'Reagan is the antithesis of asshole.

would you guys please just let it go....

sacred roots
09-07-2014, 03:06 AM
It replays for 24 hours after the show then it will go to a 4 song video on demand (VOD) thing for a month (I think).

mykstermagic
09-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Did anyone manage to capture this full video stream?? Rubbish connection speed here in UK so couldn't stream it but from the clips I've seen it looks brilliant quality. I said ion twitter after the Liverpool show that I really do believe that this version of the band definitely needs to be captured on film and preserved. Better still, if the band could release this on dvd - I know I'd buy it, and I suspect many others would too! If that is the plan, I'm content to wait for that.
But even more so than in Liverpool (which was a wonderful, hot sweaty show and performance - I got a great view from the balcony) I was really delighted to see Jesse playing with them again - that SOL sound is in part down to her playing, and we only ever saw her once here in the UK in 97 (I saw the SOL tour show in Manchester which was a show for the ages along with the Barbican show). Still my favourite ever lineup of the band, and as much as I love all the albums, that SOL - Smile era remains the pinnacle for me. I really hope that this lineup keeps playing together - even if not a full time thing then coming out every year or two. There is an awful lot of love for this band and they sound as good as ever imho.
And Gary does sing "I'm no quitter!"(here's hoping!)

JoMama
09-07-2014, 06:50 AM
I adore this larger ensemble for this music. With more people, the band seemed to be plodding a bit, but then, they're not kids anymore. Gotta give a hat's off salute to Yahoo! for this... made my week...:D

perlman looks like Prince... Kraig just doesn't age either...

david_skoglund
09-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Just caught the end of the show. Saw myself when the camera pans the crowd at the very end. Then at the very end, after the band leaves the stage you can see me and CaffeineZombie talking.

Hope someone manages to capture and share this show.

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Well-intentioned but plodding show. This is something I've noticed without Olson in the band (especially during the RDM/Women's Club acoustic era). Olson seems to bring a Johnny Cash/San Quentin tightness to the proceedings. During Mockingbird Time, they were playing tight and loud.

Also, it could be the material. The post-Olson songs have those "stretching" moments. "Bottomless Cup" and "Tampa to Tulsa" have always been momentum killers in all the incarnations I've seen them.

hiddenbeach
09-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Did Gary dedicate Queen of the world to Sandy? Same Sandy?

david_skoglund
09-07-2014, 12:10 PM
The post-Olson songs have those "stretching" moments. "Bottomless Cup" and "Tampa to Tulsa" have always been momentum killers in all the incarnations I've seen them.

"The post-Olson songs have those elegant, soaring moments. "Bottomless Cup" and "Tampa to Tulsa" have always been sublime and emotional in all the incarnations I've seen them."

There, I fixed it for you. :)

Calexico
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Just finished watching the stream here in the kitchen while kicking back with endless cups of coffee. Super stuff, really enjoyable! Saw a few familiar faces too.

Joserra, Sharon passed through the room while I was watching and said all it was missing was you shouting "Garyyyyyy!" ha ha. ;)

patrickhayes
09-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I'd love to see this and the RDM era Austin City Limits get proper releases.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 01:57 PM
"Brown Jenkin" doesn't like Tim O'Reagan's songs? Quelle surprise!

THIS JUST IN: Many bands' repertoires include both barn-burners AND ballads. Often in concert, they mix these two musical forms and throw in occasional covers in order to provide audiences with a variegated sonic rhythm experience.

You know what they say: "Opinions are like assholes." But in BJ's case, especially so.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I liked it when Jessy was turned up in the mix. Funny that Gary mentioned 'not utilizing' the mandolin player very much, from stage, whatever he said exactly... He also called the mandolin player "expensive" during The Current interview. LOL

They could have a big "At Budokan" sound with this ensemble cast of players, or a "Rolling Thunder Review" sound. I'm not sure if this Gary show has decided to be a Rock 'n' Roll group, or a Folk Revival or what. I would really like to hear the whole thing again when they get the mix straightened out.

All in all, it was fun to watch from my computer. I enjoy reading the reviews from people who were actually there. It would have been infinitely more fun to have witnessed this show live in Minneapolis.

Gary hasn't lost anything with his guitar chops. But I would have had a greater appreciation for the sound if it were blended more equally amongst the entire band. Seemed to me like a lot of the show featured Gary singing, followed by a loud Gary guitar solo. That's fine. I like Gary solo-music, just him on an acoustic, for example, is worth paying to hear. So why have the band there at all?

I'm a fan. Whatever Gary decides to do with his music, I'm usually onboard. It's just that Gary even played over Jessy once, with the harmonica strapped around his neck, last night. Lose the harmonica and I see the show picking up from there. He played the same riff on the harmonica all night - loud. Message Boards are great for market research and free advice. Gary's music means enough to me to have written all of this. Well, I'm bored. It's Sunday.

I'm glad Gary is going back out on tour with his friends. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gary Louris and his music. No matter what the art in question is, sometimes we can't see it in ourselves. The person who buys your art can always tell you (thanks to the internet) if what you're doing now is any good or not. And you still decide if you want to read it!

Haggischomper
09-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Boom goes another Bullshit Detector

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 02:05 PM
"Brown Jenkin" doesn't like Tim O'Reagan's songs? Quelle surprise!

I love TTT and BC on the albums. But they always kill momentum in the live shows. And not just because they are slower. They are sloppy.

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 02:09 PM
"Blue", "Settled Down Like Rain", and "Waiting for the Sun" just sound so hollow without Olson. Kraig and Tim's vocals do not help.

I enjoyed the violinist (similar to Razz), Karen's playing, and Gary's singing. Overall though, the show was missing a bit of energy. And interesting that they needed 7 musicians to replace what they did with Olson. I saw 5 musicians at the Mockingbird Time shows, where they played tight, loud alternative rock. This was more sloggy pop.

These are the Jayhawks, folks. A bit of the Johnny Cash At San Quentin swing, good energy, performing alternative rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caA-p2NrE-s

mykstermagic
09-07-2014, 02:38 PM
I Guess people will always want to take some sort of sides.

First heard the Jayhawks over here in the UK when HTH came out, quickly got into the back catalogue as well, but as much as I think BE, HTH and TTGG are fantastic records filled with incredible songs, I personally prefer SOL and Smile. From the many times I've seen the band in the UK, I can say I've always enjoyed them, but when Kraig is in the band, and Jessy as well, they were the best shows. Is it the band, or the material, or both. Don't know.

What I do know is that it would be a real shame if there is a full show like this one in some archive somewhere and fans cant find a way to have a copy to come back to in future years. Same goes for any other quality footage irrespective of the era. But ideally if it can be done officially (even if it is a download or through something like amazon / iTunes) then so much the better as the band gets to benefit from it.

Beyond that, I get that some people prefer one incarnation over another, but what is, is, and personally I'm here for the music, and as a fan, would like there to be plenty more of that to come.......

deckerma
09-07-2014, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=axeeugene;231006]This is true. I don't even know Mark Olson, but I know Tim O'Reagan is the antithesis of asshole.

would you guys please just let it go....

sacred roots
09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
I saw 5 musicians at the Mockingbird Time shows, where they played tight, loud alternative rock.

You are in an extremely small minority of people who have that opinion. I saw 40 or so of the shows from 2008-2012 and they were a lot of things. "Loud," "alternative rock" and, especially, "tight" aren't words I would use to describe the MT era shows, certainly in reference to the last several months, when it was obvious to even casual fans that something was seriously wrong with the band. I'm still haunted by an email I got from a very well-respected musician who saw a few of the shows in 2012 with a subject line that simply said "tragic." While I wouldn't go that far, his point was shared by many people during that time.

The difference in attitude, energy and sound from that era to this one is palpably better and is clearly evident from the obvious joy emanating from the band members and the often ecstatic reaction from the crowds recently. I've seen several shows this year and monitored closely the feedback from the Euro tour and it couldn't be more different than late summer 2012 - this is quite literally the mirror image of how things were then. The band couldn't be happier and the crowd reactions indicate they feel the same way. There are so many people who are thrilled to be hearing so many of their favorite Jayhawks songs that haven't been played in over a decade, and that number is growing by the day as the word spreads about the reissues and shows this year.

The intense crowd reaction I've seen over the last 3 nights has been very humbling and reminded me once again how many people really love The Jayhawks. And it wasn't just a hometown thing - the number of people who flew in for these shows was significant. I ran into hardcores from the Midwest, both coasts and Europe. I encountered many people who spent considerable resources to make these shows, even a couple from Florida who are staying over to see the big Replacements show next weekend in St. Paul. They used to live here in the 80s and love Mpls rock to this day. The Jayhawks and Mats are two of their fave bands and they couldn't pass up a chance to do them both. When I asked what their favorite Jayhawks era, the wife said, "we love 'em all; it's like our kids, we could never pick just one." More proof that Jayhawks fans are the best. :)

nutshell
09-07-2014, 03:15 PM
When I asked what was their favorite Jayhawks era, the wife said, "we love 'em all; it's like our kids, we could never pick just one."

That's a great quote right there. I agree 100%. :)

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 03:17 PM
You are in an extremely small minority of people who have that opinion. I saw 40 or so of the shows from 2008-2012 and they were a lot of things. "Loud," "alternative rock" and, especially, "tight" aren't words I would use to describe the MT era shows, certainly in reference to the last several months, when it was obvious to even casual fans that something was seriously wrong with the band. I'm still haunted by an email I got from a very well-respected musician who saw a few of the shows in 2012 with a subject line that simply said "tragic." While I wouldn't go that far, his point was shared by many people during that time.

Everyone I know who is still actively engaged in discovering and listening to new music loved the Mockingbird Time tour. In fact, it was the Jayhawks highest charting record ever. Factor in the internet piracy age, and that's amazing.

The people I see shows with gushed about the setlist and energy compared to the RDM tour.

The difference in attitude, energy and sound from that era to this one is palpably better

I really don't care about attitude. I'm not up on the stage with them. All I care about is the finished product. And from seeing numerous Jayhawks shows, the Mockingbird tour was the best since the Smile tour. And even if there's a rift, so what? Bands full of yes-men and wine parties don't make for the best music. A little tension is always good. I don't want a happy, relaxed, good-vibe rock show. I want the band to come out pissed off trying to prove something. I want band members trying to outdo each other. Go out and kick some ass. Show some fire.

I'm not the only one saying the live stream plodded, either. The songs, IMHO, appeared sloppy, lacked energy, and most of the crowd looked to be possibly 40-55 year old Caucasian males.

When I saw them do Mockingbird Time, there were young women in the crowd and they performed tight alternative rock. Her's another example of superior energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcRfvddG-Xc

...crowd singing along, that Johnny Cash At San Quentin swing, and loud alternative rock. Last night was *sloggy* pop. The song where Kraig and Jessy sang sounded like amateur night at the Fargo October Festival.

Take a look at this. They are *charging* into it here, not leaning back and relaxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG47KZnvG2Y

Just good, tight alternative rock. Despite whatever Gary was going through ,and despite Olson's aloofness, it's still a superior result.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Last night was *sloggy* pop. The song where Kraig and Jessy sang sounded like amateur night at the Fargo October Festival.

Well see, everyone has their own unique perspective on life. I thought that one song was the clear highlight of the show! I was gonna post something about that earlier but I didn't want to make Gary feel bad.

Shug
09-07-2014, 03:28 PM
So far, this tour is already feeling like a well deserved victory lap for Louris. Its high time, IMO, that he reclaimed The Jayhawks, especially to try to erase from memory the disastrous and embarrassingly bad Mockingbird Time tour and album. I feel very much like GreekGuy about Olson.

For me, The Jayhawks are back and they are redeeming themselves hugely. Halle-fuckin'-lujah!

Piemel
09-07-2014, 04:09 PM
I never paid attention but is Kraig always that happy on stage? Funny to see him bounce off next to stoic Marc.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=deckerma;231037]

Haha nope. This is the most activity this page has seen in - literally - years. If we have to put up with (or create) a little nonsense in order to perpetuate the activity, then so be it. There's no such thing as bad publicity, and all that.

Besides, it's as fun to poke the bear as it is to be the bear sometimes.

Without friction, there is no life...which is why I never accepted the Jayhawks Facebook page, which was founded on the ridiculous principle of "No slagging."

And now back to your regularly scheduled trollfest!

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I never paid attention but is Kraig always that happy on stage? Funny to see him bounce off next to stoic Marc.

In my experience, absolutely. The guy smiles all the time on stage. I think he's one of those dudes who lives the maxim, "This is the greatest fucking job in the world, man!"

Or as it was put another way by Joey Ryan of The Milk Carton Kids at a show I attended last year, "I highly recommend getting a job where your performance is punctuated by applause every three minutes. It's immensely gratifying."

doriann
09-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Haha nope. This is the most activity this page has seen in - literally - years. If we have to put up with (or create) a little nonsense in order to perpetuate the activity, then so be it. There's no such thing as bad publicity, and all that.

Besides, it's as fun to poke the bear as it is to be the bear sometimes.

Without friction, there is no life...which is why I never accepted the Jayhawks Facebook page, which was founded on the ridiculous principle of "No slagging."

And now back to your regularly scheduled trollfest!

Axeeugene, you are truly one of the most vile people I have ever encountered on any fan page. You literally seem to abhor anyone that doesn't like "slagging" on the bands they follow. One more thing, since you were already exposed to my "no slagging" page, and find it so ridiculous, let me say that it is not really you that does not accept my fanpage, it is my fanpage, me, and everyone that manages to be nice to each other over there, that does not accept you. How do you look at yourself in the mirror each day?

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 04:24 PM
There's a "no slagging" page, really?

doriann
09-07-2014, 04:29 PM
There's a "no slagging" page, really?

yes really. some people actually like being nice to each other. excuse us for existing.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 04:33 PM
:) I just didn't know there was such a non-slagging place in existence. Please continue to exist! Enjoy yourselves. :) :) Indulge in your message board activities. Don't let me get in the way of your good time.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Axeeugene, you are truly one of the most vile people I have ever encountered on any fan page. You literally seem to abhor anyone that doesn't like "slagging" on the bands they follow. One more thing, since you were already exposed to my "no slagging" page, and find it so ridiculous, let me say that it is not really you that does not accept my fanpage, it is my fanpage, me, and everyone that manages to be nice to each other over there, that does not accept you. How do you look at yourself in the mirror each day?

I don't care if people slag or not. What I care about is being expressly told saying negative things is against the rules. Censorship is fascist, and I have no patience for it.

As much as I abhor Brown Jenkin (and have him on ignore, often to no effect anyway), I don't believe he shouldn't be allowed to say what he has to say. I will fight him upon his themes - and God bless those fights and those themes. They make life - and this board - infinitely more interesting. Friction, as I said, has value. Frictionlessness in any context leads to boring uniformity. It is not as constructive as it portrays itself.

If it makes me "vile" to despise Orwellian thought-policing, then vile is a descriptor I will wear proudly. Hell, I might even make myself a button. You are free to refuse to accept my membership on your page (a page I *was* invited to upon its inception, BTW), just as I am free not to visit it. It seems neither one of us has anything to worry about.

Thank goodness Sandy runs a page where you and I can have this unpleasant conversation. But if you notice, I am not the one who felt it necessary to engage in ridiculous ad hominem attacks. The only ones I reserve those for are obvious trolls. This is about as close as I will come:

Jesus Christ some people have incredibly thin skin.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 04:52 PM
In my experience, absolutely. The guy smiles all the time on stage. I think he's one of those dudes who lives the maxim, "This is the greatest fucking job in the world, man!"

Or as it was put another way by Joey Ryan of The Milk Carton Kids at a show I attended last year, "I highly recommend getting a job where your performance is punctuated by applause every three minutes. It's immensely gratifying."

I can't punctuate for a damn when I smoke pot. I've been going back through things here and I'm embarrassed. I thought everybody was just hanging out on this message board. I don't know what the drama is about with all the different Jayhawks boards. I guess I'll just bow out for the night before the fireworks start. I'm sure a big fight is brewing now. Peace out, don't hurt each other too badly.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm sure a big fight is brewing now. Peace out, don't hurt each other too badly. Remember it's only words on the internet.

Oh, I thought the big fight was over a couple of days ago. This is just the chaotic aftermath :)

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I don't care if people slag or not. What I care about is being expressly told saying negative things is against the rules. Censorship is fascist, and I have no patience for it.

As much as I abhor Brown Jenkin (and have him on ignore, often to no effect anyway), I don't believe he shouldn't be allowed to say what he has to say. I will fight him upon his themes - and God bless those fights and those themes. They make life - and this board - infinitely more interesting. Friction, as I said, has value. Frictionlessness in any context leads to boring uniformity. It is not as constructive as it portrays itself.

A fair analogy to the current Jayhawks, perhaps....

Gilmour and Waters hated each other when they made albums. That friction made the albums good. After the split, when those two surrounded themselves with good-time friends and Yes-men, the quality of the music nosedived.

greekguy
09-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Axeeugene, you are truly one of the most vile people I have ever encountered on any fan page.

Quite possibly the most idiotic statement ever uttered on the internet. Doriann, you are a fucking idiot. I'd like to see your McDonald's internet board where you praise the quality of the McNuggets and ban anyone who dares mention that they might be killing you.

Get a fucking life.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
With every toke I edit another post. That was funny when Gary called out the pot smokers in his audience last night. Gary has the right idea. He shouldn't smoke pot. No one should. Some of the old timers around here think "sober" just means you quit drinking. But I'm glad Gary is totally clean. Good job, Gary! :)

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Greekguy's posts are always so drastic, like he's on a ledge.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 05:09 PM
A fair analogy to the current Jayhawks, perhaps....

Gilmour and Waters hated each other when they made albums. That friction made the albums good. After the split, when those two surrounded themselves with good-time friends and Yes-men, the quality of the music nosedived.

(OK, I admit it - I had to peek)

Except in this case, you're wrong! :) The recent Olson/Louris output - both live and recorded - just doesn't compare in quality to their earlier work or to the Olson-less work. It's much more ragged and forced to these ears.

Nice try with the Gilmour/Waters analogy, though. You almost got me. But that's like comparing Pigs and Kites.

Oh wait...they both fly. DAMN IT!

EDIT: Oh AND? Amused to Death is a STELLAR album.

doriann
09-07-2014, 05:12 PM

If it makes me "vile" to despise Orwellian thought-policing, then vile is a descriptor I will wear proudly. Hell, I might even make myself a button. You are free to refuse to accept my membership on your page (a page I *was* invited to upon its inception, BTW), just as I am free not to visit it. It seems neither one of us has anything to worry about.

Thank goodness Sandy runs a page where you and I can have this unpleasant conversation. But if you notice, I am not the one who felt it necessary to engage in ridiculous ad hominem attacks. The only ones I reserve those for are obvious trolls. This is about as close as I will come:

Jesus Christ some people have incredibly thin skin.

Aren't you a professor or something? If so, your reading comprehension really needs work! Here is my one rule, exactly as stated on the page. Nowhere does it say that you can't say anything negative.

"There is only one rule here and that is you must respect everyone here and the members of the band. A fanpage should be fun, not a place to slag on each other for particular likes or dislikes, or a place to talk about how much you hate a particular band member."

People have all kinds of opinions and they are all welcome, and normal human beings can actually discuss these opinions without "slagging".

Next time, know what you are talking about when you bring up my fanpage, for no other reason than to ummm, slag it?

doriann
09-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Quite possibly the most idiotic statement ever uttered on the internet. Doriann, you are a fucking idiot. I'd like to see your McDonald's internet board where you praise the quality of the McNuggets and ban anyone who dares mention that they might be killing you.

Get a fucking life.

oh I forgot, Axe's butt buddy, the other vile fool.
I bet you would like to see it, although it is nothing as you describe. Fortunately, for the decent humans over there, you never will.
Yeah I am an idiot Greek Guy. You and Axe can both go to hell, you deserve each other.

yeah I am going ad hominem. Fuck you both, you are two pieces of shit that are pretty much despised by every other fan I have met from here.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Next time, know what you are talking about when you bring up my fanpage, for no other reason than to ummm, slag it?

I'm pretty sure no one brought up your fanpage prior to your emergence on the scene here just now. I'm bowing back in to say hello, btw. Enjoy your board. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person and this all has to do with some internet drama that I'm not privy to at this time.

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 05:24 PM
oh I forgot, Axe's butt buddy, the other vile fool.
I bet you would like to see it, although it is nothing as you describe. Fortunately, for the decent humans over there, you never will.
Yeah I am an idiot Greek Guy. You and Axe can both go to hell, you deserve each other.

yeah I am going ad hominem. Fuck you both, you are two pieces of shit that are pretty much despised by every other fan I have met from here.

There looks to be no peaceful solution possible here - I tried! :)

KU97
09-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Come on all. I've been absent for a while. Let's have fun with what the band presents and cut the crap. I loved it! Nice shout out to Sandy! Bitch me out if you will. I've also been here since the first day of the page.

JoMama
09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Last night's show was a hoot. Sadly, reading the stuff here is not so fun. I am as guilty as anyone of wrestling with that sad sack who has any number of user names on this board. But I think it's rather boring to argue about whether the Jayhawks consist of Mark Olson or not.
The guy provided Gary with an avenue of revenue that has served him well for decades. Gary's discipline made him keep the name alive for much longer than Mark would have preferred, but look at how many people it attracted to every lineup of this band... They both deserve our honor and respect, regardless the business conflicts that come with any "marriage".
I don't know why we fight over this. It doesn't make any sense.... Oh wait, it's to get traffic on the fanpage. Lovely.
I loved the show, but frankly, I think they screwed up "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" because they don't come down firmly on that last guitar strum just before the Nashville-bought chorus. They need to nail that last chord down hard like they did on the record, it really delivers the chorus.
Now back to the infinite stream of last night's show until Yahoo condenses it.

doriann
09-07-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure no one brought up your fanpage prior to your emergence on the scene here just now. I'm bowing back in to say hello, btw. Enjoy your board. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person and this all has to do with some internet drama that I'm not privy to at this time.

hey J, sorry, but not the case. I don't even post here usually, and never would have if my page was not brought up, once again, in a negative fashion, unprovoked. If you read back, unless something was edited or deleted, I did not bring this up. Thanks!

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Oh, I didn't catch the reference. Where can I read two women fighting? Maybe on your board?

JoMama
09-07-2014, 05:44 PM
hey J, sorry, but not the case. I don't even post here usually, and never would have if my page was not brought up, once again, in a negative fashion, unprovoked. If you read back, unless something was edited or deleted, I did not bring this up. Thanks!

Doriann's page is fine and wonderful, like good music is.
Those of you who need corrosiveness to make life seem "more complete", well just come here and listen to the cranky professor and the guy here with a big pickle he'd love to share with you... good grief...

KU97
09-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Dorianne's page is private. She can run it as she pleases. If you don't like it, don't participate.

patrickhayes
09-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't know anything about Doriann's page or anything but I really think the "Coexist" pic should be changed here if you (Doriann) are going to be calling people each others "butt buddies" and "pieces of shit". Pretty harsh there for someone promoting unity and peace eh?

JoMama
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't know anything about Doriann's page or anything but I really think the "Coexist" pic should be changed here if you (Doriann) are going to be calling people each others "butt buddies" and "pieces of shit". Pretty harsh there for someone promoting unity and peace eh?

"Coexist" shouldn't be called on Doriann for defending a musician who is being called an asshole, over and over and over and over, and all these other stabs at his character by so-called "fans".

J. Chamberlain
09-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Tell it to Jayhawks management.

patrickhayes
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Sorry, no passes for people using homophobic slurs.

I'm a big fan of all incarnations of the band and disagree with the Mark bashing in general (and the Tim bashing and the "one true Jayhawks" idea) but those are just opinions and doesn't warrant the kind of insults being tossed by Doriann. The Coexist bit just adds irony.

greekguy
09-07-2014, 07:32 PM
I am pretty sure Doriann is from the south. It's perfectly acceptable to be a homophobe down there.

Thanks for proving my point idiot.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Well well well. I just got word that some people here have been messing with the Brooklyn Bitch. Nobody messes with one of my east coast bitches without having to deal with major back lash from me.

Yeah, I don't hang out here, I just keep hearing it through the dying vine; so ya see back in June at the Jayhawks D.M. show I was informed of some shit spoken here about me as well from over a whole year ago. I hadn't responded just yet because I have way too much of a BUSY AND REAL FULFILLING LIFE to bother with you wound up nut sacks. But now that you have messed with one of my east coast bitches, well, you don't know what you are in for. Seriously, Axeass and Pickle Puss, you do need to get properly laid, (not that I'd ever volunteer) and something fierce too. This whole butt buddy closet affair you are having doesn't look attractive on either of you.

As for me? I think either one or both of you claimed "she called herself the board mom and above Sandy". To set the record straight it was my good old friend Muskytoes who called me that and you both have been here long enough to know this. Sandy is and always was Board Queen. Queen is above Mom. Got it now? Have we learned our ABCs and how to count to 10? No? Not ready to move onto grade school yet?

patrickhayes - really dude? Pillow Pants/ Brown Jenkin gets called that and worse, and that is ok, but not ok for the REAL TROLLS here to be called this? You can't see that PP/BJ is a saintly demigod compared to Axeass and Picklepuss?

Shug, if you are on Picklepuss's team then I admit I thought you were a much classier and smarter and better person than that.

I never understood why people can't just have their opinions, their likes, their loves, their passions and just worry about their own business instead of poking troll shit.

As for the shit about Mark Olson being an asshole? Think and say what you will. It takes two to tango. Gary Louris was also an asshole. He so much as admitted that he was an asshole in that Hazelfest interview didn't he? Here's an idea. WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN FUCKING LIVES *ALL* of you ratty faced snotty nosed infantiles.

We can disagree with each other anytime at all when we want to at our place. The difference is that we disagree like adults. Grow the fuck up already, hosers.

patrickhayes
09-07-2014, 07:49 PM
It's not ok with me regardless of who it is aimed at. Granted I don't police the board all the time (BUSY AND REAL FULFILLING LIFE as you say) but I would have chimed in if I saw it elsewhere too. Shit I've defended PillowJenkins in the past and even been accused of being an alternate account so there is that.

I just think people talking mad shot shouldn't have "coexist" pictures. Seems fair really. No other dog in the fight.

Why'd you have to go with the homophobic slur too though? Not cool.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey, hello Brown Jenkin. How's it goin'? Long time no talk. Nice to hear you have been giving this board your opinions again; the ones that you have every right to voice. Btw, Gary gave you a shout out *thank you* at the last Chicago show I went to. I think it was early 2012.

Did ya get to hear it?

theweekend
09-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Just catching the replays of the video stream now. I had no idea what Gary was talking about when he said "we're on TV tonight." Spotted myself in the crowd. I'm wearing a blue Houston Astros shirt with orange lettering. Pretty awesome re-living the concert! Now I finally understand why there was a cameraman that was always pointing into the crowd.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 08:02 PM
patrickhayes - again, it's ok for axeass and picklepuss to slam like that.... but not me. Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

What would you say to someone who goes out of their way to personally attack you, for no reason, poked and unprovoked? Ya know a person can take only so much before exploding.

You and I do have one thing in common though. We have both agreed with Pillow Pants before. Personally I don't understand at least 50% if not more of the shit that he gets from everyone at this place.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 08:14 PM
"Coexist" shouldn't be called on Doriann for defending a musician who is being called an asshole, over and over and over and over, and all these other stabs at his character by so-called "fans".

BINGO.

More proof that Picklepuss is a troll?

When Doriann first joined this fanpage, he "sized her up" and "quizzed her" to test if she was worthy of being here.

When it became evident to him that she is a big time fan of Mark Olson, she was trolled by him and driven off this site with frustration. That is how our place was born.

greekguy
09-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I've seen you. Believe me...nobody wants to hit that.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Sorry, no passes for people using homophobic slurs.

I'm a big fan of all incarnations of the band and disagree with the Mark bashing in general (and the Tim bashing and the "one true Jayhawks" idea) but those are just opinions and doesn't warrant the kind of insults being tossed by Doriann. The Coexist bit just adds irony.

I understand your point about: THOSE ARE JUST OPINIONS.

Then why isn't what PP/BJ says JUST HIS OPINION (?)

Still waiting for an explanation on that one.

What is the difference?

No one ever answered that for me before when I was here all the time for years and years and...

It was the unbalance here that drove me to leave from the get go. Have you even been up to date with all that goes down here?

doriann
09-07-2014, 08:24 PM
3 misinterpretations to be cleared:

Not from the south
So far from a homophobe it is almost funny.
which leads me to, butt buddy is NOT a homophobic or homosexual comment of any kind. All it means is two people who seem to be connected, as when one shows up, the other is right behind.

doriann
09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Do you not get that using the term "butt buddy" is akin to using the word faggot?

it is really not, it is what I described above. I care about other people's sexuality less than almost anything in the world. It is a non issue.

doriann
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butt+buddies

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey, hello Brown Jenkin. How's it goin'? Long time no talk. Nice to hear you have been giving this board your opinions again; the ones that you have every right to voice. Btw, Gary gave you a shout out *thank you* at the last Chicago show I went to. I think it was early 2012.

Did ya get to hear it?

Hey Ladyk, how are you?

Thanks for the nice words. As for Gary, I would have loved to hear that. Even though I may present my opinions as super snobby at times, I always try to keep it music-related and I have nothing but respect for Gary. That would have been a treat. Plus, I want to know where he gets his shirts. He has the coolest shirts.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 08:44 PM
A quote from Axeass: "I don't believe he shouldn't be allowed"

Huh?

A *prof* that speaks double negatives? How does such a faux paus leave the lips of one so supposedly "refined".

Typical. Most profs have had no formal teacher education training whatsoever. They never have learned how to properly teach. Unlike myself, I possess an actual teaching certificate, with "highly qualified science educator" status. Most profs just never really made it to where they would rather be, so they fall back on teaching just to make a living. Explains why he is so crabby all the time. Tinkerbell failed to grant him
his little boyhood dreams, I guess. C'est la vie as they say.

LildeviladyK
09-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Hey Ladyk, how are you?

Thanks for the nice words. As for Gary, I would have loved to hear that. Even though I may present my opinions as super snobby at times, I always try to keep it music-related and I have nothing but respect for Gary. That would have been a treat. Plus, I want to know where he gets his shirts. He has the coolest shirts.

Scott and I recorded "Better Days" together for the fan tribute film. There's a light hearted funny bit about you in the beginning. I hope you like it. Complete coincidence; just as he walks off stage at the end of the show he says "Thank you Pillow Pants". I caught it on film and it's at the end of our cover song. I'll send ya the online link for it in a p.m. right now in order to avoid sharing such greatness with the REAL TROLLS of the fanpage.

Brown Jenkin
09-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

girl incognito1
09-07-2014, 09:41 PM
The Jayhawks and Mats are two of their fave bands and they couldn't pass up a chance to do them both. When I asked what their favorite Jayhawks era, the wife said, "we love 'em all; it's like our kids, we could never pick just one." More proof that Jayhawks fans are the best. :)

This is why I love fandom...pure unabashed happiness seeing your fave band live! Love it PD, and thanks for sharing this nugget!:D:D:cool::cool::o

sacred roots
09-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Agree with Kim on Doriann - she's a true, dedicated music fan and is just about the nicest person you'd ever want to meet - a real sweetheart. She loves the band and supports them unabashedly. I have no time for anyone who has a problem with that.

girl incognito1
09-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Agree with Kim on Doriann - she's a true, dedicated music fan and is just about the nicest person you'd ever want to meet - a real sweetheart. She loves the band and supports them unabashedly. I have no time for anyone who has a problem with that.

Doriann is a doll!!! I love her and I was happy to show her around my neck of the woods when the Jayhawks were here in June. She got to meet the Jennerbug!!!! :D;):cool:

GreenGoddess
09-07-2014, 10:26 PM
That's a great quote right there. I agree 100%. :)

+1 I love each and every incarnation, and will happily support whichever comes along.

Shug
09-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Shug, if you are on Picklepuss's team then I admit I thought you were a much classier and smarter and better person than that.

I never understood why people can't just have their opinions, their likes, their loves, their passions and just worry about their own business instead of poking troll shit.

I'm confused Kim. I said I agree very much with what GreekGuy said about Olson. I don't like his music after Tomorrow The Green Grass and I think the Jayhawks are better off without him and I'm thrilled that he is gone and the Jayhawks can now exist as the lineup I love even if its just one tour. In my opinion Olson pretty much ruined every Louris project post-TTGG that he was involved in. I've said that before here, its no secret how I feel. I stopped coming here because there is no need to for me to say it over and over and bum people out who really like Olson. I don't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of Olson's music or him as a person or whatever. I came back because I was excited for the return of my favorite Jayhawks lineup.

I'm not anyone's team, though, and I'm a bit surprised at the ferocity of your response. Aren't I just having my own opinion? Have I attacked anybody or poked troll shit?

I may agree with some things GreekGuy and axe say and there is definitely other things they say that I don't agree with, but I'm definitely not getting in the middle of the personal drama between you and Doriann and them or whatever it is you are talking about by choosing sides. Can you leave me out of it please? If you are going to think less of me based on my opinion of Olson, well, that is your choice. I still think you are a good person.

GreenGoddess
09-07-2014, 11:13 PM

+1 I'm proud to call Doriann and Kim friends. And I'm lucky to know them thanks to this board which Sandy founded so long ago and has done such a great job running. Nutshell and I have been going to shows for about 8 years thanks to this board. We all went to Minneapolis for the shows and had a blast thanks to the Fanpage.

david_skoglund
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
I think I'm remembering why I ceased to be very active in the online fan community.

Anyway, back to the music.....

I watched the replay a time or two today. Great stuff. Would make a fine "Live At First Avenue" DVD someday.

jacieb
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Many opinions of where things went wrong here (or right, depending on your perspective) , but several very clever members of the board took a certain phrase as homophobic. This phrase does indeed imply casual anal sex (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butt%20buddies&defid=1914213), not just good friends joined at the hip. I thought it was a gay slam as well.

I get that isn't how it was intended (maybe it's a regional thing?), but since several took it the same way, I did want to point out that the phrase doesn't just mean bffs - just to prevent possible use of and offense to the phrase in a later setting.

jacieb
09-07-2014, 11:28 PM
And yes, that video trended high all day, which is awesome for the band! And the fans...can't forget the fans.

I was actually telling my husband I would pay to see shows like that, especially live theater. Of course, this coming from the person who watched the season premiere of Doctor Who at the movies.

axeeugene
09-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Dorianne's page is private. She can run it as she pleases. If you don't like it, don't participate.

Done and done!

I think this whole hullaballoo is hilarious. We began by shredding a troll who posts with the obviously direct intent to stir shit up, and may I say he does an exceptional job at it - one that frequently goads me into response. The board is both more infuriating and more entertaining thanks to his presence. But then it descended into this ridiculous mudslinging of increasingly personal nature. I must say, I find the vitriol directed at non-troll accounts here particularly telling. It isn't difficult to determine who has the real problems here as a result.

As far as "Doriann" is concerned, I care not one whit in either direction for her. I literally know nothing of her other than what she posts here, but I will forever stand by my earlier comments on fascist attitudes regarding positivity on other sites. You can be the nicest person in the world, but if you can't handle criticism, then something is wrong with you, not with critics. Sometimes, "slagging" has its place. I bear no ill will toward the person behind the account. But I'll not bend to censorship, no matter its aim.

Neither do I care whether homophobic slurs were or were not uttered on this fanpage. I've frankly not found it beneficial to go back and read all the posts that have appeared in my brief absence from the board, but if words that can be easily interpreted as homophobic have appeared here, once again I think they speak for themselves. If you must know, I am friends with the guy who plays greekguy in real life, and when the shitstorm started, I thought it'd be entertaining to let him know ridiculum had started. I am not responsible for his antics - that's entirely up to him. Nevertheless, I think his work is funny...in its way. He's not my "butt buddy" in any sense of the word.

Where double negatives are concerned: if you had a few brain cells, you would realize double negatives are perfectly acceptable and grammatically proper when their meaning is correct and sensible. They are only "faux paux" (sic) when they indicate a meaning antithetical to the author's intent. My double negative was perfectly intelligible to people who can read. Shove that up your highly qualified science teacher's certificate, you goddamned moron, LilDEVILladyK, who had to create a secondary board ID in order to continue posting here because her original ID didn't feel comfortable being here anymore. Perhaps you could take a class from me and LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT COMPOSITION. I may be a curmudgeon, but you know nothing of my "boyhood dreams." I'll be sleeping well tonight, and I'll be going to a job I quite enjoy -and am good at - tomorrow morning. What can you do?

BTW, I think it's unbelievably awesome that we got to see some Jayhawks shows in their hometown this weekend. I only saw one, but from the reports, it was a grand set of concerts, and the band seems to have been in fine form. It's kind of funny that the fact that one of the band's former members' absence was able to generate this level of vitriol. I suppose this is the fruit of Brown Jenkin's labor, and I must congratulate him on stirring the shit better than I could have imagined possible. Regardless of what happens in this insular community, though, I am sure the band is doing what they love and having a wonderful time in the process, which I am immensely thankful for. They are a great group of artists, and fans are lucky to have them as a "going concern." No matter what fans think of each other, The Jayhawks persist, and I find that comforting. Good on ye, mates! Keep fighting the good fight. Talentless fans will hold down the internet fort - you guys do your thing the way real pros do!

mystic_spiral_3
09-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Well it seems while I was at a convention in New Jersey I missed a great concert and a fair amount of drama.

(1) For those of you who went to the show, I'm glad you had fun. Sounds like it was awesome!

(2) The Facebook page is run by how the owners wish to run it. This point has been noted several times already.

(3) Regarding the "no slagging" rule: Calling someone a "fucking idiot" or "goddamned moron" qualifies as slagging. Such comments are not allowed on the Facebook page. Saying you don't like a Louris song, an Olson song, how the Star Tribune articles were written, opinions on the content in those articles, or that "Kirby's Tune" is several minutes too long of electronic weirdness ;) is allowed.

(4) I've met Doriann and Kim and I consider them my good friends. I have a Ph. D. in engineering and believe I can tell whether someone is an idiot or moron. These ladies don't fit those descriptions.

axeeugene
09-08-2014, 12:14 AM
I think I'm remembering why I ceased to be very active in the online fan community.

Anyway, back to the music.....

I watched the replay a time or two today. Great stuff. Would make a fine "Live At First Avenue" DVD someday.

There was a time when the rancor was only a part of the experience, though, as you'll recall!

I haven't watched the broadcast. I think I'll forever be a "concert memory" type guy. Hell, I hardly ever even listen to bootlegs anymore in favor of savoring a scrap of recollection. Must be the old fashioned curmudgeon in me!

There must be a TON of video footage in the can of a variety of qualities. I would bet a very respectable compilation release could be cobbled together were there money and proper demand for such an artifact. Sadly, as this place and the state of the recording industry would seem to indicate, I'd bet that's unlikely. It's really too bad the "What if you made a classic and no one cared" idea is more likely than anything to be the Jayhawks' legacy in the broader public mind.

patrickhayes
09-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Well okay...

I don't know any of you outside of message boards so I guess that makes me an outsider here (something I'll address here in a sec) but I'd just like to clarify a few things and then I will be on my way.

I re-read the thread to try to see what I missed and the first nasty thing I came across, that was directed to another person on the board, was Doriann calling axe "vile". I don't know the history between you guys or anything so that struck me as a very strong response to him saying he didn't like the page she runs. From there things obviously escalated between them and GG but I chose to comment on the usage of the term "butt buddy" because I found it tremendously offensive and shocking to read on a page of people I assumed were above that kind of term.

I accept that you may not have meant it that way Doriann (and I appreciate that you clarified that) but I honestly believe that most people hear that term and associate it with being a homosexual slur. Maybe it's regional, seems to make sense in a way, I'm in California and I can pretty much guarantee that no one would use that term loosely in any other context out here. Like I said though I absolutely take you at your word that you didn't intend it as such. As Jacieb pointed out now at least in the future you and anyone else reading this will know that some people hear that term in that context and think it's an ugly thing to say.

I also get everyone rushing to Doriann's defense and all but it's kind of crazy to read that someone is the nicest person you'll ever meet shortly after reading them throwing some pretty rough insults at people. Like I said though all I have to go on is what I'm reading so I am out of the loop. Which brings me to my larger point:

I'm gonna go back to lurking now because you guys are collectively not very good at making "outsiders" feel welcome. I've been on this board for ten years now and I still don't feel a part of the community here and judging by some other folks comments I'm not alone in this. It's something I really think the active members of this board should consider and see if there is anything they can do to change. I've had kindness shown to me by several of you ranging from Shug giving me background when I naively stepped into another argument years ago to the much demonized BJ/PP (same person for sure?) sending me a link I was looking for. However the net result of the energy here is that I don't feel like participating much.

This isn't a slam on people arguing or disagreeing, I think that is healthy and great and comes from a place of everyone feeling passionate about this band we all love, it's a slam on the tone of inside baseball that seems to be ingrained. Ultimately though that is all my problem not yours. Imma slink back into the shadows now but I hope you'll at least consider what I've written here. This place is a great resource for info and whatnot but might be more help to the band if it was a better community for people to get involved with.

TL;DR Lurker going back to lurking, airs grievances first.

bryguy
09-08-2014, 12:57 AM
perspective was one of the first caualties. civility was a close second. i have had some terrible things said about me here, i mean way out of line, by somebody in this thread. I just don't get why it has to get so personal. I don't blame pathayes for bailing.

JoMama
09-08-2014, 07:35 AM
I've seen you. Believe me...nobody wants to hit that.

Let me guess, you're just trying to be cute and don't mean what you say.

Kim is a wonderful human being, as anyone who has ever met her in person would find out.

nutshell
09-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Well. I usually don't like to respond to threads that are filled with insults, baiting or whatever, but a few things here in this thread did make me want to add my two cents.

First of all, while I can see how Doriann's one phrase might be taken as homophobic, SHE certainly is not. I know Doriann, and consider her a great friend, and she is absolutely not homophobic in any way. Just wanted to clear that up, because no good, rational person wants that label associated with them.

Also, as Green Goddess pointed out, I've been lucky enough to meet and become very good friends with fellow Jayhawks fans because of this board. I still check in almost daily, and this board and the band's music helped me immensley when things in my life were really awful. I'm sad that some fun fanpagers don't post here anymore, but I understand why, and that is their choice. I happily will see then at shows when I can! I don't have a facebook account, it's just not my thing at this time. If I did though, I would join Dorian's page first thing. Some great people hang out there.

This page, however, still holds a dear place in my heart, again for reasons that I won't go into now. I feel like new fans might check this page out. I think the more people on here the better. I am glad that some great people, who I saw in Minneapolis over the weekend, still do post here. (CZ, for example!)

That brings me to another point. Patrickhayes, too bad you didn't feel a part of things here, and that you want to go back to lurking. I think most of what you posted, seemed to be reasonable, and well said, and it's a shame that you won't post more. Again, everyone is free to hang out and post where they want to though.

I might add more later, but I want to go comment on some of the positive things I just saw.

Runningpotleaf
09-08-2014, 12:59 PM
wow, what a great run of shows! Last time I saw a run of shows up to this caliber were the June 2010 comeback First Ave shows! And those were awesome!!

I do not care to take sides on the bashing currently going on, but would like to give a shout out to those from out of town that I was able to talk with after the shows (list not complete by any means) --> Kim, Dave Sk., Dorianne, GreenGoddess (who was the 3rd person in your group, another fanpager?), and the usual's of course - CZ, sandy, Ice etc etc

And if there is a poll going anywhere, count me in as being in favor of seeing this lineup on stage in front of me, as it's been waayyy to long......!

Calexico
09-08-2014, 02:37 PM
That brings me to another point. Patrickhayes, too bad you didn't feel a part of things here, and that you want to go back to lurking. I think most of what you posted, seemed to be reasonable, and well said, and it's a shame that you won't post more. Again, everyone is free to hang out and post where they want to though.

I might add more later, but I want to go comment on some of the positive things I just saw.

Hear, hear.

Calexico
09-08-2014, 02:38 PM
casual anal sex

The is nothing casual about it. It's a very serious bidness!

axeeugene
09-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The is nothing casual about it.

Funny! In talking with someone else re: this thread today, I cited that very same meme.

I mean that REALLY got outta hand fast.

JoMama
09-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Funny! In talking with someone else re: this thread today, I cited that very same meme.

I mean that REALLY got outta hand fast.

For sure, and you, mild-mannered sir, had nothing to do with it...

greekguy
09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I am not sure I understand some of the vitriol that has been thrown in my direction. All I have ever done is be consistent regarding an opinion that I share with many, though not all. I have been respectful to all in expressing my opinion and it turns out into someone telling me I am somehow gay, as if that would even be insulting. That said, attempting to insult me is the really insulting part.

My feelings are quite damaged. I have been told by literally everyone here that I am the most valued and important member of this board over the years and I had come to believe that. I don't know what I am going to do if my reality is compromised.

I wish you all well....

greekguy out

LildeviladyK
09-08-2014, 06:57 PM
DUMBASSEUGENE POSTED: "Shove that up your highly qualified science teacher's certificate, you goddamned moron, LilDEVILladyK, who had to create a secondary board ID in order to continue posting here because her original ID didn't feel comfortable being here anymore. Perhaps you could take a class from me and LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT COMPOSITION. I may be a curmudgeon, but you know nothing of my "boyhood dreams." I'll be sleeping well tonight, and I'll be going to a job I quite enjoy -and am good at - tomorrow morning. What can you do?"

Hey DUMBASSEUGENE - where the hell have you been all of these years? I didn't create this alternate moniker to pretend to be someone else. I have had this moniker since 2004. Just look in the right hand corner that tells how long I've been here. The LiladyK moniker was here as far back as 1999/2000 or so I believe. Anyway, that makes this moniker 10 years old. Caffeine Zombie had one too called "Zane" and we used to goof around with our alternate monikers for fun back in the days when things were fun here.

LiladyK could post here if she wants to. It's not about discomfort. She doesn't post here because her moniker represents a Jayhawks fan of both eras that used to love this place. It was her second family. Why would she now want to post at this pathetic god forsaken hell hole of a place?

Axeass, Doriann and myself are not the only persons you have treated like crap. I have been ignoring you all of this time. Besides Doriann, you have personally attacked my friend Jessica (KU97) on an OT thread. Jomama has told me more than once that you have been a total ass to him as well, of course all unprovoked, and unwarranted.

I'm not going to write long overly wordy posts like you do in order to attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and make myself look above and beyond everyone else in my intelligence. I've lost count of how many times you rammed some sort of snobby comment at me here....when I wasn't even including you in the conversation to begin with. You would suddenly just insert yourself, and it was never ever polite. I will give you credit however, for actually taking the time to say a friendly goodbye to me once at FA back in 2010. I almost went into shock that you even bothered to give me 5 seconds that showed you have the ability to acknowledge my presence.

I realize there is this whole "Minnesota Ice" crap, and it's a universal running joke how Minnesotans despise Iowans. No elaborating here, just google it and read away. How some people up there just think it's so cool to be rude. Someone at FA this past wknd insulted Monica with something similar there on the floor. We used to call First Avenue "Fist Attitude" because some sort of something unpleasant, some allocation between two people would always happen.

I do have to say though, that the remodeling work made a very pleasant experience for me Sat. night. I've encountered Minnesota Ice there before, but not that night. Beautiful historic venue, it deserved the TLC it had been lacking for so long.

J. Chamberlain
09-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I haven't wanted to fight with people on message boards ever since I quit drinking. I would like to make an amend to either Jacie. B. or Girl_ingognito, for hitting on one of them once, on the board, when I was drunk. I can't remember which of them I was rude to now.

Kind of hard to make an amend when you can't remember who it was you insulted.... Anyway, to one of you, I would like to truly apologize for my surliness and inappropriateness. I would also like to make an amend to Mark Olson, for yelling at him, at one of his shows, from the balcony....

jacieb
09-08-2014, 07:10 PM
The is nothing casual about it. It's a very serious bidness!

Dammit! I can't even (legitimately) claim to have been taken out of context.

J. Chamberlain
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
At least you didn't quote it again. I would like to apologize to Gary's mom, on behalf of everyone from the board....

jacieb
09-08-2014, 07:24 PM
That's hilarious. This board needs a Like button.

[And apparently an Eff Off button (patent pending).]

LildeviladyK
09-08-2014, 07:25 PM
I am not sure I understand some of the vitriol that has been thrown in my direction. All I have ever done is be consistent regarding an opinion that I share with many, though not all. I have been respectful to all in expressing my opinion and it turns out into someone telling me I am somehow gay, as if that would even be insulting. That said, attempting to insult me is the really insulting part.

My feelings are quite damaged. I have been told by literally everyone here that I am the most valued and important member of this board over the years and I had come to believe that. I don't know what I am going to do if my reality is compromised.

I wish you all well....

greekguy out

I'm laughing hysterically. You are not even a real and feeling human being. You have some kind of nerve at this point to play like you are some kind of "victim" now. I'm not surprised. I'm also not going to waste my time scrolling through posts here over the YEARS and YEARS of them, and copying/pasting your putrid garbage to prove to anyone else here what points have already been made.

As for the butt buddy comments? Who cares? For anyone here to rat on Doriann for calling these two butt buddies (and for me to play off of her comment) is hilarious. I will reiterate. PP has been called the same exact types of names, but it's all supported just fine. It's all ok though "just because he is PP".

How prophetic is the movie "Idiocracy"? Jaw droppingly prophetic I must say. Nothing at this place makes sense. Nothing at all.

J. Chamberlain
09-08-2014, 07:49 PM
[And apparently an Eff Off button (patent pending).]

LOL at least I tried to straighten the whole thing out. Maybe it was the girl_ingog. And now I'm realizing her husband posts here. It was years ago and I was summarily denied, and shamed by the group, for my advances. I think Pillow Pants even read me the riot act on that one. Anyway, enough about me already. Gary's mom is the one we should all be apologizing to right now.

jacieb
09-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't use that button. I was just thinking it would dramatically reduce the number of posts in these off-the-rails threads.

Keep the funny coming!

J. Chamberlain
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
You have a good temperament for message boards, it's best to just chill sometimes. Keep it light and fun.

LildeviladyK
09-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Axeass said: As far as "Doriann" is concerned, I care not one whit in either direction for her. I literally know nothing of her other than what she posts here, but I will forever stand by my earlier comments on fascist attitudes regarding positivity on other sites. You can be the nicest person in the world, but if you can't handle criticism, then something is wrong with you, not with critics. Sometimes, "slagging" has its place. I bear no ill will toward the person behind the account. But I'll not bend to censorship, no matter its aim.

Once again, I'm shaking my head like "this guy is a prof?"

From Dictionary.com: Fascism is defined as: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Doriann has no "complete power" over anyone there. People have the right to disagree with each other there. The difference is that we all have MUTUALLY AGREED to respect each other and every band member no matter what is said. We all choose to be there. She doesn't dictate our presence. We don't even have to like each other or all of the band members. That is our choice. what do you mean "I'll not bend to censorship" when you're not even there? It doesn't apply to you. Why the fuck do you have your poking stick in our faces? Nationalism? Racism? Right! And you of all people should know that this is how any respectful classroom should be managed. You respect your students and they respect you back AT ALL TIMES. Oh wait, that's right...you wouldn't necessarily know this, because like I said before, many profs fall back on teaching instead of those of us who choose it. Reality is that it is a perfect extension to my career as an interpretive education park ranger. I was offered a significant increase in pay as a science teacher because of my prior qualifications. I happily do both. I get to work outdoors in the woods all day somedays and make a great living out of it. You should be so fucking lucky.

wheelhousetunes
09-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I hate to butt in on this little lovefest, but in relation to the topic at hand - if anyone finds a link to this archived show or happened to capture it and can post it somewhere, please let it be known.

I tried to capture and download the stream but kept getting booted.

Thanks!

bryguy
09-08-2014, 08:24 PM
I hate to butt in on this little lovefest, but in relation to the topic at hand - if anyone finds a link to this archived show or happened to capture it and can post it somewhere, please let it be known.

I tried to capture and download the stream but kept getting booted.

Thanks!

I'm with you- I would LOVE to be able to access this somewhere. What a great show. Having Jack and Jessie there added a real depth.

greekguy
09-08-2014, 08:42 PM
I make 47 million dollars per year and you have to believe me because I wrote it on the internet.

You should be so lucky.

girl incognito1
09-09-2014, 01:19 AM
LOL at least I tried to straighten the whole thing out. Maybe it was the girl_ingog. And now I'm realizing her husband posts here. It was years ago and I was summarily denied, and shamed by the group, for my advances. I think Pillow Pants even read me the riot act on that one. Anyway, enough about me already. Gary's mom is the one we should all be apologizing to right now.

No worries really J~~~~. I can't remember, nor do I want to rehash anything between us. It's all good! oxoxox :cool::cool::cool::cool: Justin, aka Guy Incognito...aka Jennerbug's dad rather do his own thing. He's not interested in the Jayhawks.

fortuleo
09-09-2014, 03:40 AM
I love it when he says that.
Well, I love everything about the Milk Carton Kids.

Calexico
09-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Lawd above...

girl incognito1
09-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I love it when he says that.
Well, I love everything about the Milk Carton Kids.

MCK are very very good. I enjoyed seeing them last October here in Des Moines. :cool::cool::cool:

axeeugene
09-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Lawd above...

I'm gonna put myself on ignore after that.

But first...

He lives vicariously...through himself (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VIJjdjbxw).

axeeugene
09-09-2014, 06:19 PM
I make 47 million dollars per year

That's it. You're buying drinks from now on.

bryguy
09-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Ignore is a cool feature. Reminds me of an old friend in a band I used to play in- he'd turn everyone else down in his monitor mix so it would sound like he was soloing all night. I can't say I'm soloing here, but some of the off-key voices are on mute.

axeeugene
09-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Ignore is a cool feature. Reminds me of an old friend in a band I used to play in- he'd turn everyone else down in his monitor mix so it would sound like he was soloing all night. I can't say I'm soloing here, but some of the off-key voices are on mute.

If SOMEONE hadn't had an alt, half of the really nasty shit that went on in this thread never would have. But I rectified that.

Soloing can be fun...especially if you suck!

JoMama
09-10-2014, 01:53 AM
There are 4 songs still up there on Yahoo, and a short bio of the band's history.
I went to Yahoo, clicked at "LIVE" across the top of the screen, then clicked on "All events", then clicked on "see past events" and there it is...
:)

wheelhousetunes
09-10-2014, 10:35 AM
There are 4 songs still up there on Yahoo, and a short bio of the band's history.
I went to Yahoo, clicked at "LIVE" across the top of the screen, then clicked on "All events", then clicked on "see past events" and there it is...
:)

That's not good enough. Cue song #4 off Queen's The Miracle.

JoMama
09-10-2014, 10:38 AM
That's not good enough. Cue song #4 off Queen's The Miracle.

and I want it NOW!!! :D