PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2014 - Reissues tour

Runningpotleaf
08-25-2014, 09:35 AM
thought I'd start up a new thread for any tour dates that relate to the re-issues tour, mainly so it's all in one place/thread and not all over the place. Feel free to start up individual threads for individual shows

From the highroadtouring site (wonder why they are not listing the Turb Club show?):

04 Sep 2014 Turf Club Saint Paul, MN
05 Sep 2014 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
06 Sep 2014 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
11 Oct 2014 House of Blues Chicago, ILL
13 Oct 2014 Stubb's: Outdoors Austin, TX
14 Oct 2014 Granada Theatre Dallas, TX
16 Oct 2014 Harvest Fest Ozark, AR
17 Oct 2014 The Ready Room St. Louis, MO
18 Oct 2014 The Vogue Indianapolis, IN
19 Oct 2014 The Orange Peel Asheville, NC
20 Oct 2014 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA
21 Oct 2014 Neighborhood Theatre Charlotte, NC
22 Oct 2014 Cat's Cradle Carrboro, NC
24 Oct 2014 9:30 Club Washington, DC
25 Oct 2014 Scottish Rite Auditorium Collingswood, NJ
27 Oct 2014 Somerville Theatre Somerville, MA

TominMaine
08-25-2014, 10:01 AM
And very happy to be going.

unknown steps
08-25-2014, 10:06 AM
I'll be at the Indy show!

wheelhousetunes
08-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Wow, 3 North Carolina dates. Tempting trip....

sacred roots
08-25-2014, 02:09 PM
From the highroadtouring site (wonder why they are not listing the Turb Club show?):

The Chicago one is missing, too. I did a little digging and found that they're showing up on the private page that management has access to but they're marked "DO NOT ANNOUNCE," which is obviously outdated info and means they're not visible to the general public.

While the HRT site will occasionally give you a "scoop" it's not always 100% reliable. There have been occasions when shows that weren't confirmed were accidentally or prematurely listed, resulting in understandable confusion given the viral nature of the Internet.

Your best bet is usually the "official" show listing:

http://www.jayhawksofficial.com/shows.html

Having said that, the 9:30 Club show isn't listed yet because they haven't put it up on their website yet and the Harvest Festival isn't posted because the date and set time won't be officially announced until after Labor Day.

bryguy
08-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Hey PD-

Are the guys considering Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in October (3-5 i think). Those dates are open for them so far. Just wondering. Thx.

sacred roots
08-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Hey PD-

Are the guys considering Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in October (3-5 i think). Those dates are open for them so far. Just wondering. Thx.

The band might have considered it but they weren't asked.

JoMama
08-29-2014, 06:16 AM
Wow, 3 North Carolina dates. Tempting trip....

For sure---I can walk to the Orange Peel from here. And I reckon I'm a going to do so. Driving over to Charlotte is about an hour, so I reckon I'm a going to be doing that too.

bryguy
08-29-2014, 04:51 PM
For sure---I can walk to the Orange Peel from here. And I reckon I'm a going to do so. Driving over to Charlotte is about an hour, so I reckon I'm a going to be doing that too.

This post violates Rule 8, section 43, sub-section 11 of the Posting Online Rules:

Too many "reckons." Sorry, you must now cease and desist from reckon-ing. :-)

JoMama
08-30-2014, 07:08 AM
This post violates Rule 8, section 43, sub-section 11 of the Posting Online Rules:

Too many "reckons." Sorry, you must now cease and desist from reckon-ing. :-)

Anyone who bought R.E.M. "Reckoning" on its day of release is exempt from Rule 8, because sub-section 31, a later addendum, gives clear legal release. In fact, just a few months ago, another sub-section was added as well: if you bought the ReMaster/Deluxe Edition of R.E.M. "Reckoning" you are pardoned for the entirety of your existence, and further, if you bought it on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs audiophile vinyl, you are not only exempt from the rule, but you are exempt RETROACTIVELY to your birth--even if it was 21 years before the R.E.M. release.
So I reckon I'll be driving through the south central rain to a Jayhawks-without-Mark show, singing "I'm Sorry" in homage to you.
peace out :D

bryguy
08-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Anyone who bought R.E.M. "Reckoning" on its day of release is exempt from Rule 8, because sub-section 31, a later addendum, gives clear legal release. In fact, just a few months ago, another sub-section was added as well: if you bought the ReMaster/Deluxe Edition of R.E.M. "Reckoning" you are pardoned for the entirety of your existence, and further, if you bought it on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs audiophile vinyl, you are not only exempt from the rule, but you are exempt RETROACTIVELY to your birth--even if it was 21 years before the R.E.M. release.
So I reckon I'll be driving through the south central rain to a Jayhawks-without-Mark show, singing "I'm Sorry" in homage to you.
peace out :D

Always to form Jo! I knew you'd bring a classic JoMama response! I've got a cassete of Reckoning somewhere. I'll need to dig that dude out.