PDA

View Full Version : In-store performance - Electric Fetus Mpls 8/17

sacred roots
08-08-2014, 12:45 AM
I just checked today and there are still some passes left. You can get a pass for two by either purchasing any one of the CD reissues or by pre-ordering one of the vinyl editions that will be out on 9/30.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1507768069453553/

axeeugene
08-08-2014, 05:45 PM
For two? Mine explicitly says "THIS PASS ADMITS ONE PERSON ONLY."

sacred roots
08-09-2014, 03:10 AM
For two? Mine explicitly says "THIS PASS ADMITS ONE PERSON ONLY."

Oh yeah, it's a limit of two passes per person, not two persons per pass. Or something like that. :)

axeeugene
08-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Totally psyched for tomorrow night's instore! It's been a while since I've seen anyone at the Fetus, but I have fond memories of Neko Case and Billy Bragg performances, as well as Tim and Jim.

Looking forward to seeing some fanpage buds, too.

Runningpotleaf
08-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Looking forwards to the show later today as well!

Seems to me the last time I had a ticket for a Fetus instore, upon entering they kept the entire ticket and leave you with nothing. So while I still have them, thought I'd scan mine in and post here

CaffeineZombie
08-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Nice to see everyone last night! :)

Setlist:

Think About It
Trouble
Somewhere In Ohio
I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
Save It For A Rainy Day
Angelyne
Tailspin

musicdoc
08-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the setlist, was planning on going but wasn't able to at the last second. I wish I would have been able to attend. How long did they play, what was the overall vibe, was it the whole SOL, SMile, RDM contingent or just a few of them?
Inquiring minds want to know!!! THanks.

Runningpotleaf
08-19-2014, 01:22 PM
They played about close to 3 hours.

Anyone who was ever in the band, full time or part time from all era's, all joined in on the festivities!

So you missed a whopper of a show !!!

:D

musicdoc
08-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Cool! They must have really really stretched out those 7 songs, I always knew they had a little jam band in them. I'm am now really bummed, pays to have a car that's dependable.

axeeugene
08-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the setlist, was planning on going but wasn't able to at the last second. I wish I would have been able to attend. How long did they play, what was the overall vibe, was it the whole SOL, SMile, RDM contingent or just a few of them?
Inquiring minds want to know!!! THanks.

Setlist is above.

Vibe was informal. There were some problems with the sound, especially in the monitors. Gary clearly couldn't hear himself and Karen seemed to have the same problem; they often slipped out of tune.

Someone - presumably a child, although Gary joked about it being an adult male - put a cutely drawn note on stage asking them to play Angelyne, which wasn't on the setlist but they obliged anyway.

The crowd was quite small, which I presume was intentional thanks to the "private" tickets. I've been in the Fetus when you could barely move due to the volume of people seeing a set. This was decidedly more relaxed.

The band themselves were very accommodating to the fans after the performance; everyone who wanted to got swag signed and got to chat with each member of the band quite amiably. I always gravitate toward Tim and Karen in such circumstances, and they were amazingly gracious. Good folks.

jebstuart
08-20-2014, 10:45 PM
I always have enjoyed 5 cups of coffee. One of the very best.

axeeugene
08-21-2014, 08:18 AM
That's Caffeine Zombie's sig, not a setlist reference.