PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool show

trueblue
07-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Had tickets for the show in Liverpool last night but couldn't go as my son was taken to hospital yesterday morning with a burst appendix. He's okay thankfully after his operation and the disappointment of missing the Jayhawks isn't really significant in comparison. But I'll have a word with him about his timing when he's fully better. I'd be interested to see a post from anyone who went so that I can know what I missed!

In the meantime, I'll carry on enjoying listening to the fantastic reissues.

Calexico
07-22-2014, 02:58 PM
This was for the Shepherd's Bush gig which I was really pissed off I had to skip.

http://louderthanwar.com/the-jayhawks-shepherds-bush-empire-london-live-review/

I heard from friends on Twitter that the Liverpool gig was smashing as well. Gary finished up playing guitar in the crowd this time too. Seems a serial offender. :)

Glad your boy is ok, that's the main thing.

CaffeineZombie
07-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear that you missed the show. :(

Found a setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-jayhawks/2014/the-kazimier-liverpool-england-3bc100e8.html

ungere
07-23-2014, 09:08 AM
That is a sweet setlist!

trueblue
07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Brilliant setlist. This Boy - wonderful. Thanks for the replies.

Jiff
07-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, good set list, but how about at least Smile and maybe a couple more songs from that album instead of the covers? Hope to see this tour. This is my favorite Jayhawks touring lineup with the Rainy act with Stephen McCarthy second.

mykstermagic
09-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Looking back (and following the webcast show) I belatedly just wanted to add that this show was a really good one, as it seems the entire tour has been.
It was a very hot, sweaty evening, and a small but backed house meant that was stifling, but it made for a great evening.
Personally, it was a shame that Dying on the vine & Smile didn't make the setlist, but the crowd definitely seemed to want RDM songs, and there was nothing really that you would drop from what they played - certainly not the Golden Smog songs.
Mainly though it was great to see the band in fine form, with a line up that is my favourite, and getting a tremendous reaction from an enthusiastic crowd.
I have popped a few video clips I shot from the balcony on youtube which hopefully gives a flavour of things even if not the heat.
Between that and the webcast I think it has been great to welcome the band back, and I hope it is not the last time that this lineup hits the road.
Now for the official release of that webcast.............