PDA

View Full Version : Reissues

Calexico
05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Specifically, the new Led Zeppelin stuff.

How much money do they actually need? Shell out ONCE more for new versions of albums we've been buying across various formats since the 70's! :mad:

ChiefCrowe
06-15-2014, 05:06 PM
They don't need any more $ but I guess they could use it haha.

I am looking forward to getting them since I still have the original cd releases, so this should sound noticeably better!

JoMama
08-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Specifically, the new Led Zeppelin stuff.

How much money do they actually need? Shell out ONCE more for new versions of albums we've been buying across various formats since the 70's! :mad:

They need to do what Nick Lowe did: Play their material in the manner of their physical age and abililty. Nick's last records indicate he's settled comfortably into the Burt Bacharach phase of his life. There's so little pretension if you don't avoid the obvious. They did the "unplugged" thing, which was pared down from the bombast yet revealed al their growth as musicians as well, so why not some easy-swinging "Almost Dead Zeppelin"? They'd sell zillions... :rolleyes:

ChiefCrowe
08-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Just read an interview where Robert asked Jimmy if he had an acoustic stuff he was working on and he would give it a go, but didn't get any response...
That's a shame!

Haggischomper
08-10-2014, 04:57 PM
On the one hand, Plant is being a bit of a dick about things but, on the other hand, he's not sitting on his arse (or past laurels) and I'm very much looking forward to hearing his new album. At least he's still out there being creative and exploring new territories.

ChiefCrowe
08-11-2014, 12:53 PM
I give Plant all the credit for expanding his horizons. I think he's just trying to light a fire for Jimmy to get him out there again... doesn't seem to be working though, sadly.

JayB
08-13-2014, 03:29 AM
Jimmy Page = the laziest rock star ever?

Apart from that Crowes tour and the London reunion show, I believe he's done bugger all (musically, I'm sure he keeps himself busy) since that Page Plant album and tour...

ChiefCrowe
08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
I think you may be right. It's one thing to basically retire but he keeps saying he is working on all this music and wants to play it live but never does.

I think losing Bonham was a huge blow that he never really recovered from since Zeppelin was essentially his vehicle.

JoMama
09-03-2014, 08:37 AM
I think you may be right. It's one thing to basically retire but he keeps saying he is working on all this music and wants to play it live but never does.

I think losing Bonham was a huge blow that he never really recovered from since Zeppelin was essentially his vehicle.

I concur, he's rich and lazy; coat-tail riding on his own legacy. Anything he does now might dim the Led Zep mythology and make them too human again, killing record sales and endless "classic rock" radio playlists.