PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Jayhawks

greekguy
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
I am so glad to hear that I can finally hear the real Jayhawks play live again. I think the shows should be announced as The REAL Jayhawks so everyone knows it is the awesome version that graced us with what may be the best album ever written, Sound of Lies (not an opinion, verified fact), along with the incredible two albums that followed.

Not to mention the reality that The REAL Jayhawks did a better job of performing the music made prior to SOL than the original iteration of the band could ever do.

This is the best news ever.

carolinagirl
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
I am so glad to hear that I can finally hear the real Jayhawks play live again. I think the shows should be announced as The REAL Jayhawks so everyone knows it is the awesome version that graced us with what may be the best album ever written, Sound of Lies (not an opinion, verified fact), along with the incredible two albums that followed.

Not to mention the reality that The REAL Jayhawks did a better job of performing the music made prior to SOL than the original iteration of the band could ever do.

Here here!!!! LOVE this post. ;)

bryguy
04-09-2014, 04:50 PM

plus que les choses changent, plus elles restent les mêmes

sacred roots
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
That's funny, there's someone who posted recently on the Jayhawks FB page something along the lines that "everyone knows that this won't be the real Jayhawks without Olson in the lineup." The words and tone sounded so familiar. Could this be Glacier/PP finally revealing his true identity?

axeeugene
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Haha. I said the same thing to greekguy in a private message.

Knowing the guy who plays greekguy in real life for as long as I have, I suspect I would have discovered his Glacier identity by now if it existed.

I don't know who Glacier is, but I can say with as much certainty as a guy can have that greekguy isn't Glacier. If he *is*, he's awfully good at keeping secrets.

patrickhayes
04-10-2014, 01:06 AM
I know we are "in joking" here about our favorite resident crank but I actually consider this lineup my Jayhawks.

Of course all Jayhawks are valid Jayhawks but this is the lineup that flipped my big like to big love. Just wanted to share.

Maybe if this goes well and then Mark comes back for another go around Kraig can hang out too. Jayhawks Deluxe!

greekguy
04-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I think SR is referring to someone who posted on the FB page as being Glacierpants.

sacred roots
04-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I think SR is referring to someone who posted on the FB page as being Glacierpants.

Yup. Not quite sure what Axeman is prattling on about. I've met Greekguy IRL and there's no way he could be Glacier...he was too "normal."

:)

axeeugene
04-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Yup. Not quite sure what Axeman is prattling on about. I've met Greekguy IRL and there's no way he could be Glacier...he was too "normal."

Shows what YOU know. The guy who plays greekguy is anything but normal.

Especially when you get a few drinks in him - he suddenly starts thinking he's FUNNY!

Ahhh...it's so nice to be out of hibernation. Six months of irascible torpor finally coming to an end, and I get THIS news to top it off. But now I gotta build a new 41st Birthday Rockstar Surprise plan... I wonder if the Har Mar Superstar does house parties :)

Oh, and BTW, sacred roots - I don't prattle! I PONTIFICATE!

sacred roots
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Six months of torpor ending...and next winter is right around the corner! How's that for classic MN pessimism. Now I know why all of those Bergman movies were so dark and depressing. Endless winter will do that to you.

bryguy
04-10-2014, 07:42 PM
always winter but never Christmas

CaffeineZombie
04-11-2014, 08:21 AM

Greekguy has wayyyy better taste in music, beer, and food than the average "normal" person.

BTW, Prof. Axeman, if you're out there, email me, sir...

NY Fan
04-14-2014, 06:14 PM

+1, baby.

+1.

Glacier's Auntie
04-18-2014, 08:07 AM
I can tell you all for a fact that my darling nephew is not Greekguy, although the pair were inseparable when they were youngsters, frolicking by the lake in the summer and playing air synth to the music of Hall & Oates for hours on end.

My nephew wishes you all well, he's currently living on a retreat up a mountain in northern Idaho, learning the oboe for Jeff Tweedy's upcoming ragtime jazz tour of the Shetland Islands.

on the beach 3
04-18-2014, 06:19 PM
What amazingly great news to hear this. This was the lineup that really got us back into their music when we bought Smile to take on vacation with us many moons ago.

Peace and Boat Drinks……..

bryguy
04-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I can tell you all for a fact that my darling nephew is not Greekguy, although the pair were inseparable when they were youngsters, frolicking by the lake in the summer and playing air synth to the music of Hall & Oates for hours on end.

My nephew wishes you all well, he's currently living on a retreat up a mountain in northern Idaho, learning the oboe for Jeff Tweedy's upcoming ragtime jazz tour of the Shetland Islands.

I see the resemblance in the chins.