PDA

View Full Version : So...this was kind of cool:

axeeugene
10-13-2013, 11:06 PM
I mean, I thought so, at least.

Haggischomper
10-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Delighted for Ben - that'll be a fabulous memory.

I trust all went well?

JayB
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
That is way cool... who's Ben?

greekguy
10-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Where were you Haggy? I got to meet some really nice fanpagers from your neck of the woods. Did your hitchhiking thumb break or something?

axeeugene
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Also cool - axeeugene and Caffeine Zombie enjoying Martin Devaney and Mick Wirtz:

Haggischomper
10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Where were you Haggy? I got to meet some really nice fanpagers from your neck of the woods. Did your hitchhiking thumb break or something?

Working I'm afraid.

jcarlile
10-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes Andrew, it was kind of cool, very cool! Thanks for inviting us, we had a wonderful time!

All the musicians were great, Ben was a revelation, so very happy to see him playing along and singing with Tim! And, need I comment on YOUR performance....loved it! Food was great, folks being happy, just a very nice time. By the way, did anyone keep a setlist of Tim's songs?

Oh, and Greek Guy, really nice to finally meet you after all these years! :)

mystic_spiral_3
10-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a cool evening.

axeeugene
10-14-2013, 09:39 PM
And, need I comment on YOUR performance....loved it!

Haha. Not so much a performance as an assault, I'm sure. But it was my party, so THERE!

By the way, did anyone keep a setlist of Tim's songs?

Tim did! But we once again forgot to ask him for a copy. And we were a bit occupied ourselves. Actually, I pretty much make it a policy not to keep setlists at shows I attend; I don't like being distracted from the music itself. This is all the more true when I'm dropping a nice chunk of change on the show :) (Thanks, all, BTW, for your generous contributions!)

Oh, and Greek Guy, really nice to finally meet you after all these years!

Don't forget - you didn't meet greekguy. You met the guy who plays greekguy on the internet.

ChiefCrowe
10-14-2013, 09:40 PM
ok so how did you wrangle this up?!?

how awesome! what was the setlist? what did Ben play with them?! so many questions....

axeeugene
10-14-2013, 09:46 PM
ok so how did you wrangle this up?!?

Same way as last year, man. I asked, and Tim and Martin said yes.

Also slated to appear was Andra Suchy, but she had to cancel at the last minute due to injury. Nonetheless, we managed to find a way to a good time.

No setlist was kept so far as I know. I *do* have strong memories of "Blue Canoe", "So Much Wine", and "Indianapolis", though :) We never did get around to "1000 Dollar Car", did we, Caffeine Zombie? BOOO!

The Zombie sat in for the bulk of Tim's performance, and did a wonderful job.

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

greekguy
10-18-2013, 09:40 AM
It was a blast, as it was last year but with a bigger and not arguably even better group of attendees. Joyce and Jerry, great to meet you too! You are every bit as nice in person as you represent yourselves here. Hopefully I was less of an ass in person...

Hopefully we can do it again next year! Party of the year.

Calexico
10-19-2013, 04:09 AM
Very cool looking night. Jealous! Go, Ben! :D :cool:

axeeugene
10-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm surprised neither Caffeine Zombie nor sandyjb have chimed in on this thread, since they're really the ones whose input would be most valid. They were, after all, a) sober and b) active participants in the music.

Being the Man of the Hour myself, I am hardly in position to comment on the evening's quality or relative success. I'm lucky I can remember most of it. I will say that it was almost as much fun as last year's epicness, and once again I'm not sure how on earth I'm going to top it next year.

Some thoughts are running around in little duder's head nonetheless... Watch this space in 11.5 months for either a huge letdown or a "Holy Shit! He pulled *that* off?" Place your bets, ladies and gents.