PDA

View Full Version : So...what did YOU do last week?

axeeugene
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
I was revisiting an old haunt with a new pal.

(That's me back at Bowman Lake and the guy who plays greekguy at the top of Triple Divide Pass. Yes - we DO climb mountains. Thanks for asking.)

jcarlile
08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Beautiful pictures Andrew. Looks like you and GG had a wonderful trip! See you soon....:)

Haggischomper
08-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Good stuff Axe. I imagine a grand time was had.

As for what I did last week, I actually finally got a new job and the week before that I finally got my drivers license. Thanks for asking! :-p

axeeugene
08-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I finally got my drivers license.

New job AND a new license? You know this means you can't use the "mom won't let me" excuse any more, Haggischomper, right? Seeing you soon, then, I take it.

Haggischomper
08-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Schedule permitting, it could be a go!

Calexico
08-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Super photos. Pretty awe inspiring when two staggering internet colossi look so insignificant against nature's might.:)

ChiefCrowe
08-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear the great news Haggy! where is your first road trip going to be?
where are you working?

Axe, that sounds awesome...

I went to northern CA and it was beautiful!!

greekguy
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
That's bear spray in the back right of my pack.

We were mostly getting hunted by grizzly bears all week. It was pretty scary until Axe conquered one by asking him a series of difficult questions. They pretty much gave up after that. Well, that and they saw my bear spray.

Glacier is a pretty cool place.

axeeugene
08-14-2013, 04:35 PM
No pictures, greekguy? I'm looking forward to seeing a few.

JoMama
08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
That's bear spray in the back right of my pack.

We were mostly getting hunted by grizzly bears all week. It was pretty scary until Axe conquered one by asking him a series of difficult questions. They pretty much gave up after that. Well, that and they saw my bear spray.

Glacier is a pretty cool place.

C'mon, he probably threatened to grade the bear's essay.
I suppose another survival technique could be holding up an iPhone and showing the bear the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey

axeeugene
08-24-2013, 02:34 PM
C'mon, he probably threatened to grade the bear's essay.

In the summer, I refuse to do that work.

I suppose another survival technique could be holding up an iPhone and showing the bear the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey

I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhone.

JoMama
08-24-2013, 05:37 PM
In the summer, I refuse to do that work.

Ok, so the bear might call you on that one too, to which you'd likely reply 'I might be working in my spare time'

I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhone.

yeah, me neither, not yet anyways. I haven't needed it for work just yet...
I've worked with people using them while driving and I really think my other morbid thread applies to that...
More pics from Glacier are welcome though. Bigger mountains than here that's for sure.

JumboFun
09-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Wow! Very nice photos, bet that water was some cold eh?

And congratulations to Haggy on getting his license, welcome to insurance blues.