PDA

View Full Version : You think you have it bad.......

musicdoc
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Woke up early this morning, May 2nd mind you, to shovel snow out of the driveway, well over a foot off the real wet, sticky stuff....got that done, but the snow plows hadn't been through yet, headed off to work only to get stuck in the snow about 250 yards from my house, fortunately a neighbor helped push me out and I immediately started driving back home, only to find the plow had now come by (one side of the road only) and barricaded my driveway, so I had to park the car in the middle of the street so I could shovel my way back into the driveway. Finally got the car back in the garage. The dog decided he needed out, let him out and he slipped down the deck steps and was so frightened (at least I assume), he decided to hide under the deck. I couldn't crawl under there to get him out, so after useless cajoling, went back inside to grab a treat to entice him out. Finally with me lying flat in the snow holding a doggy treat, he came towards me and I was able to grab him and bring him in. Meanwhile the plow came around again and had to reshovel the end of the driveway because of the barricade it created. This is May 2nd mind you. May 2nd. Though I never considered myself the jealous or envying type, I was turning green with envy imagining Peace and Boat Drinks morning........I have to say though, living in Minnesota does keep you centered.....sometimes in your own driveway.......

JayB
05-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles, but that story made me laugh.

Calexico
05-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Just as well you Minneapolitan types are so even tempered. If that was Ireland something was getting kicked or set on fire. :)

Minneapolitan. Is that even a word?

NY Fan
05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
That is a pretty shitty series of events.

I think we have all had days like that. Hang in there.

Spring is coming, even to Minn...

axeeugene
05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
I had a huge branch strike my power and tv cable supply lines yesterday at 3AM. Unfortunately since neither one has been knocked out completely, I am a low priority for both service repairs and so am still living with an electrical wire at chest height, leaned upon by a giant piece of wood, in my backyard.

And it's still fucking snowing. On May Goddamned Third.

My patience...is wearing thin.

SOON...

CaffeineZombie
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
are the snowflakes making your bones ache ?!! :p :D heheheheheee

jacieb
05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Thank you for reminding me why my day-to-day life in San Diego is so expensive....

ChiefCrowe
05-07-2013, 05:06 PM
This story made me even happier to be on the west coast :)

axeeugene
05-07-2013, 05:46 PM
It's ok. All the snow is gone, we've had two successive days of 70 degrees and sunny, and everything's looking up. The daylilies are poking up, the dogs are laying in the sun, all the sexy coeds are wearing short shorts and tank tops, and the beer is flowing for cheap!

Life is good when you know you have to enjoy it hard!

Now...off to quaff a New Glarus "Black Top" Black IPA while sitting in the sunny backyard...puttin' off gradin' them crap freshman essays!

Fisheye
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
New Glarus "Black Top" Black IPA

A friend of mine recently returned from a trip to Wisconsin with the Black IPA, as well as "Spotted Cow," "Totally Naked," a double IPA that I can't remember the name, and "Moon Man."

I had always heard a lot about New Glarus, but never had any, living where I do. I think the "Black Top" is my favorite of the group, but perhaps I should drink some more to be certain. :D

axeeugene
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
I had always heard a lot about New Glarus, but never had any, living where I do. I think the "Black Top" is my favorite of the group, but perhaps I should drink some more to be certain. :D

I've got a spare bedroom, man. You know you're welcome to come any time you like...except in late July/early Aug. The greekguy and I are heading to Glacier. Other than that, you're welcome to all the pints of Black Top I can feed you! Emma's Bar is cheap, and I'm in with the bartenders there!

Fisheye
07-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I've got a spare bedroom, man. You know you're welcome to come any time you like...except in late July/early Aug. The greekguy and I are heading to Glacier. Other than that, you're welcome to all the pints of Black Top I can feed you! Emma's Bar is cheap, and I'm in with the bartenders there!

Making plans for October

JoMama
07-11-2013, 03:45 PM
The greekguy and I are heading to Glacier.

So good to hear you folks are finding a way to acknowledge the company of Glacier. :)

greekguy
07-12-2013, 10:08 AM
PretentiousWilco was busy.

on the beach 3
07-12-2013, 11:20 AM
PretentiousWilco was busy.

He was at Bowman Body's

Peace and Boat Drinks.......