PDA

View Full Version : Is Axe a "no go" for this concert?

NewGuy
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Wednesday, July 10th @ St. Paul Midway Stadium:

Bob Dylan
Wilco
My Morning Jacket
Richard Thompson

axeeugene
04-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Wednesday, July 10th @ St. Paul Midway Stadium:

Correct.

Only Richard Thompson could take my money, and then mostly because of his work with Nick Drake.

These days, you'd have to pay *me* to see Wilco or Dylan, and MMJ holds zero interest for me.

That and any form of stadium show is beyond my ability to stand any more...unless what's left of Pink Floyd or The Beatles is on stage.

Calexico
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I would love to see RT. For me he would be the main attraction there. It would be a bit churlish for me to leave as soon as RT had finished his set though. :p

Although I did leave after Pixies had played in support to the Chili Peppers. Got out before the sock cock rockers and had a leisurely few drinks in a quiet pub instead.

NewGuy
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't know if I'd pay much more to see McCartney/Starr perform together versus a McCartney and supporting band performance, but I understand where you are coming from as far as stadium shows are concerned.

However, I'd probably regret it later if I didn't attend this one.

CaffeineZombie
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I bet Axe would go if Iron and Wine was part of the bill !

:p

heeheeheeeheeeehheeeeee

axeeugene
04-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I bet Axe would go if Iron and Wine was part of the bill !

Actually...I would! FOR THE CHICKS!
That's also the only reason I'd ever go see Justin Vernon in concert.

...on second thought, this might not be my best idea.

What's that joke you told me, Zombie? "'Bon Iver'? Is that like, French for 'More boring than Iron and Wine'?"

Why the chicks dig that shit I'll never understand. But then, I've never understood women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqwCko-kzR0