View Full Version : A question for the web-savvy among you (Is Solace still here?)

12-22-2012, 10:44 AM
So, since this place is almost dead, I wonder if we could engage in a little nostalgia.

When the board migrated to its "new" form way back in...gosh, what was that? 2006? You could no longer search posts past the last 500, so I lost easy access to my first posts here. Even when I went through one of my bouts of displeasure and deleted every thread I could find that I'd started and tried to scrub a lot of myself from the place, I could only go back so far.

But now, I wouldn't mind digging into the early days. I still remember most of the content of my first post (it was about "Your ONE favorite song" and I broke the rules and listed about 10 of them with full justifications), but I'd like to read it in full once again.

Can anybody give me pointers for how to do that? Sandy? I tried The Wayback Machine, but it has pretty spotty archives from back then - no success to speak of.

MORE OBSCURE: Sandy, is there a place to go to dig out the old old listserv messages? Can you find The Man David Dewey? Was he real, or just a heroic figure of my internet imagination?

Those were some good times. Some good times, indeed...SIGH...

12-24-2012, 12:40 AM
If it's still on this board then it would be in the database somewhere but don't know if we could get to it unless that was an option on here...

12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Pray to Superman.

12-27-2012, 02:39 PM
i looked in the Admin settings to see if i could change that 500 limit, but can't find it

12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
can't find it

Thanks for checking, Solace. If you discover anything, please let us know.