PDA

View Full Version : The dog ate my holocaust assignment..

Calexico
09-04-2012, 02:48 PM
They didn't know Hitler was a bad man. For stupidity alone this venture deserves to fail.

Thank you, come again (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-19481400)

NewGuy
09-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Mr Chandani says the shop's name was a tribute to his grandfather who was nicknamed Hitler because he was "very strict".

WTF? I don't know which is most absurd:

1. The person that drew the connection to suggest the nickname to the grandfather in the first place.
2. The person (the grandfather) that would find that nickname endearing enough to allow it to stick or be attached to him over the years.
3. The person (the grandson) that suggested the store name without doing a little bit of due diligence (despite the obvious elephant in the room) before the store opened.

Stupid, indeed.

Calexico
09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
2. The person (the grandfather) that would find that nickname endearing enough to allow it to stick or be attached to him over the years.

THIS!

This is the obvious Ganesha in the room. You'd have thought he might have baulked at that one.

Haggischomper
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Loved his dog, to be fair. That's about it though. Shite moustache, too

axeeugene
09-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Every time you buy Hugo Boss swag, you're retroactively supporting Hitler.

Oh, and don't forget, Haggis, he loved Blondi so much that he force fed her cyanide.

Hitler ruined a great moustache. So said Charlie Chaplin.

Knitler. (http://weknowmemes.com/2012/05/knitler/)

JayB
09-06-2012, 09:46 AM
To be rebranded as Idi Amin next week?

Calexico
09-09-2012, 08:35 AM

I did not know that. The company made uniforms for the Nazis? They were a swish uniform for the time though. I am a fan of their fragrances.

JoMama
09-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Knitler. (http://weknowmemes.com/2012/05/knitler/)

So I suppose my 11 years at IBM retroactively supported whatever the Nazis did with business machines they bought from that company 70 years ago then?
Ever owned/driven a FORD vehicle? GUILTY!!!
How about a GM? GUILTY!!!
Ever put gas produced by Standard Oil in your car? GUILTY!!!

By any reasonable estimation, we're all complicit:

http://www.amazon.com/Nazi-Nexus-Corporate-Connections-Holocaust/dp/0914153099/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347195403&sr=8-2&keywords=IBM+nazis

Have a nice conspiracy-free day! Don't step in the eugenics... :)

axeeugene
09-09-2012, 09:36 AM
So I suppose my 11 years at IBM retroactively supported whatever the Nazis did with business machines they bought from that company 70 years ago then?

Yes. You are a Nazi by proxy, JoMama.

Also, you should continue to take everything I say here completely seriously.

Catholic Pope Supporter? SPIRITUAL HITLER YOUTH!
Interstate Highway Driver? BLITZKREIG BOOSTER!
Do jobs in a timely fashion? SCHEDULE NAZI!
Vegetarian? NICE ATTITUDE, HITLER!
Had the misfortune to be born a Schickelgruber? CHANGE YOUR NAME, ADOLF!

I mean really - was the "Knitler" not enough?

JoMama
09-09-2012, 08:51 PM
sadly, I grew up hearing a lot of "Pollack" jokes, not realizing the intention behind their creation... as I'm sure they were told "innocently" as well...:(

JoMama
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Also, you should continue to take everything I say here completely seriously.

You don't know me as well as you think, Perfessor. ;)

Calexico
09-10-2012, 01:06 PM
sadly, I grew up hearing a lot of "Pollack" jokes

You grew up hearing a lot of Jackson Pollack jokes? Quite a highbrow upbringing. Or was it just normal, run of the mill Sydney Pollack jokes? Everyone, I mean everyone, has had those jokes.:rolleyes:

JoMama
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
You grew up hearing a lot of Jackson Pollack jokes? Quite a highbrow upbringing. Or was it just normal, run of the mill Sydney Pollack jokes? Everyone, I mean everyone, has had those jokes.:rolleyes:

high brow? they could use his slap-and-doodle shite for Rorshach testing... he probably was a Nazi sympathizer too