PDA

View Full Version : Weather...what's, uh, the deal.....

Calexico
07-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I see the whole of the USA it seems has been baked this past few days and we have been deluged with rain, even more than usual for us too. What the fuck?

Who's been pissing about with the weather button?

Today has been the first really good sunny, warm and bright day around here for weeks it seems like. So up and down the street here, and all around the vicinity from what I hear, there have been sweaty, pissed off looking men dragging lawn mowers and strimmers up and down their gardens. Me included I must say. So that was three hours cutting and weeding that I will never get back.

Now, time for a cold bottle of water (cause I have no beer) and some new Giant Sand music. :)

JoMama
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I see the whole of the USA it seems has been baked this past few days and we have been deluged with rain, even more than usual for us too. What the fuck?

Who's been pissing about with the weather button?

Today has been the first really good sunny, warm and bright day around here for weeks it seems like. So up and down the street here, and all around the vicinity from what I hear, there have been sweaty, pissed off looking men dragging lawn mowers and strimmers up and down their gardens. Me included I must say. So that was three hours cutting and weeding that I will never get back.

Now, time for a cold bottle of water (cause I have no beer) and some new Giant Sand music. :)

...uh.....wuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... where am I? Oh my, I passed out, not accustomed to temperatures in the three digits... Uh, hello out there. sorry to hear you got misappropriated some of our rain. If you could just Fed-Ex a couple inches of that rain back it would be much appreciated. I'd even fly over and pay you in person AND restock your beer supply...

Calexico
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Haggy tweeted a couple pics of the roads buckling and that from the heat. The world is teh fucked!!

REPENT!!!

Calexico
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
We've not had rain here now for two days. I'm getting nervous.

Haggischomper
07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Still in severe frigging drought here. I note Ken Burns has a new doc coming soon - Dustbowl. Talk about prescient.

axeeugene
07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I note Ken Burns has a new doc coming soon - Dustbowl. Talk about prescient.

Great.

Is he going to make the most trying geological time in our modern history as FREAKING DULL as he managed to make The Civil War, World War II, Baseball, Jazz, and Prohibition?

Seriously, I've never seen a filmmaker who can absolutely MURDER a subject like Ken Burns. Has he ever committed a *single minute* of compelling, energizing, interesting material to celluloid?

I swear, Edward Zwick, Steven farking Spielberg, Phil Robinson, Clint Eastwood, and Brian DePalma all managed to squeeze more life into five seconds of their fiction films on the above subjects than Burns has into any given *hour* of his documentaries.

I'd rather watch This Is Spinal Tap or Bob Roberts for the 30th time than watch another minute of Burns's utterly lifeless drivel.

Precious Time
07-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Still in sever frigging drought here. I note Ken Burns has a new doc coming soon - Dustbowl. Talk about prescient.

Pffft piss ant whimps. We had a drought that lasted 10 years and is gonna start in a year or so all over again.

Haggischomper
07-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Great.

Is he going to make the most trying geological time in our modern history as FREAKING DULL as he managed to make The Civil War, World War II, Baseball, Jazz, and Prohibition?

Seriously, I've never seen a filmmaker who can absolutely MURDER a subject like Ken Burns. Has he ever committed a *single minute* of compelling, energizing, interesting material to celluloid?

I swear, Edward Zwick, Steven farking Spielberg, Phil Robinson, Clint Eastwood, and Brian DePalma all managed to squeeze more life into five seconds of their fiction films on the above subjects than Burns has into any given *hour* of his documentaries.

I'd rather watch This Is Spinal Tap or Bob Roberts for the 30th time than watch another minute of Burns's utterly lifeless drivel.

I liked the Civil War one but the WWII effort was crap. Then again, he did start part-way through...

LildeviladyK
07-21-2012, 03:53 PM
I really like the National Park one he did.

on the beach 3
07-21-2012, 07:37 PM
We are enjoying one of the best summers in recent memory, no June gloom and July has brought wonderful temps and a series of fabulous south swells courtesy of storms like Fabio.

Peace and Boat Drinks......

Haggischomper
07-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I really like the National Park one he did.

Just shows ya, different folks and different strokes. I thought it was such a disappointment. The cinematography was absolutely superb but where did they find those interviewees? Very boring people who kinda sucked the life out of it for me. Like I said though, the cinematography was gorgeous.

musicdoc
07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Is he going to make the most trying geological time in our modern history as FREAKING DULL as he managed to make The Civil War, World War II, Baseball, Jazz, and Prohibition? - AxeEugene

at least its not Charley Rose at the helm.......