PDA

View Full Version : Tivoli 14 September

zernie
09-15-2003, 04:31 AM
Well I'm back :(
It was fun though :D :D :D
The place was rather crowded, not sure if it was sold out.
I tried to get the womens club cd before the show, but they were all gone by that time......... they sold 43 that night, and the show hadn't even started. Strange.. it's seems like they don't wanna sell that much cd's.
Just before they started playing some drunk guy from Scotland (!) pushed his way up front, reading all this stuff on the board I was curious what he was up to. After the first song he got a warm welcome from Gary: Hey Tony, you're allready loaded.
At first I thought that he wouldn't be on his feet at the and of the show, but he was, ehm, full of life, so to speak, the whole show. I guess it's nice for a band to have guys like Tony, although they need some more space. The rest of the audience was very, very calm, they were enthusiastic at the and of a song, but that's mostly it, is that something typical Dutch??
I tried to remember the songs they played, so here's the -not complete- list:
Stumbling through the dark
Angelyne
?
Take me with you
Trouble
Two hearts
Sarah Jane
Save it for a rainy day
Tampa to Tulsa
Sixteen down
Waitin for the sun
I'd run away
Blue
Say you'll be mine
Expecting to fly (Buffalo springfield)
?
?
Tailspin
------------
?
Crowded in the wings
Sister cry

And that was it, I tried to get an eye on the setlist, by asking the guy who got his hands on it very friendly - 'cause I'm always very friendly- if I could take a look. And he just went off jumping around doing some na-na-na-na-na-thing. Well thank you :mad:

So that's it for now, I hope the people at Paradiso will have lots of fun tonight!!! Regretfully I won't be there, but Tony will, so he told me:D And they will be playing Settled down like rain tonight, which i requested yesterday, but Gary said they should spare something for Amsterdam........Spare something, is he Dutch?? Or is he thinking it's such a small country everybody is gonna go twice, or is he just getting old????? I'm not forgiving you this Gary:mad:
But thanx anyway for the great show!!! Have fun at the Paradiso, and come back soon ;)

Zernie

JayB
09-15-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by zernie
And he just went off jumping around doing some na-na-na-na-na-thing. Well thank you :mad:

Well wasn’t that mature of him.

Good to hear you had a good show... can't wait till Wednesday... WOOHOOOOOO!

Wilco
09-15-2003, 07:51 AM
The first ? was What Led Me To This Town.

Wilco