PDA

View Full Version : Utrecht, 14 sept 2003

Lenno
09-15-2003, 03:11 AM
Boy, were they loud! It was a packed house in Tivoli, I guess some 5 hunderd people showed up and it was full from front to back. Not a venue with a lot of atmosphere, though. The Hawks came on at 21.30 and played a good first couple of songs. Great to see them electric. Waiting for the sun was heavy and very, very good. After the that the show lost a bit of momentum
They played Break in de Clouds, Say you'll be mine and which was the third slower one? After that, Gary picked it up again and it got louder and louder. I forgot my plugs so moved back a bit
Great show, sorry no setlist but maybe someone else? No sursprises, though.

And...I got a T-shirt and two copies of the famous disc. At last!

Tonight I'm going to Amsterdam to see them again. Never enough Jayhawks!

Wilco
09-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Wish I could join you tonight Lenno! Have a great show and bring your ear plugs like I did last night.

Wilco

mirandas
09-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Sounds like a great show. Can't wait till tonight!!

zernie
09-15-2003, 04:35 AM
EAR PLUGS??????????????

Wilco
09-15-2003, 04:49 AM
If you go to a lot of shows you definately will damage your ears if you don't wear ear plugs. Especially in smaller venues the sound can be bloody loud. With ear plugs you miss the loud bass and higher tones but it's not that you hear nothing, you'll hear quite well and an extra advantage is that after the show you have no buzz in your ears.

Wilco

JayB
09-15-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Wilco
an extra advantage is that after the show you have no buzz in your ears.

I love that buzz...

Wilco
09-15-2003, 05:05 AM
Me too, but I want to keep on hearing it! :D

Wilco

zernie
09-15-2003, 06:46 AM
I had no buzz, unfortunately.
It looks like we all were doing the same thing at about the same time here, sorry I didn't see the threads of you guys.
Wilco, weren't you the guy who taped them in May? If so, did you do it this time?? I really would be interested in a copy of yesterdays show.

Wilco
09-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Hi Zernie,

Yes I did tape them in May, but I didn't tape them yesterday. I didn't have batteries available. Advantage: now I could sing along :D

If anyone else did tape them .... I'd like a copy too!

Wilco