PDA

View Full Version : Milano 10/9

quattrocento
09-13-2003, 05:55 PM
It would be a bad review, think I'd better shut up. Are they going to play gigs anymore? I guess so. Ain't it easy - such a small and bad place as venue, ok. Just one hundred people - maybe - and it's ok. My point is: did Jayhawks have fun?
I've always wondered: are they REALLY able to play LIVE?

I couldn't believe they were playing in front of me, at first. Such a lovely night. Their first time in Italy, as Gary said.

But, sincerely: are they going to play gigs anymore? Will they last long? Do they want to play music? It seems to me that Jayhawks are very tired of playing. I guess I'm wrong.

Lenno
09-14-2003, 12:54 AM
uh? What do you mean by this?

NY Fan
09-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Weeelll, doggies. You have hypnotized me once again, then you have not, yes? I hope you will post many more reviews and critiques, and I do not, sincerely. This post is only exceeded by your other post in the discussion section. Guess I'm right.

Seriously, only not explaining your self makes your self inexplicable, as you can tell! I have always wondered WHAT are you talking about, and now I'm still dreaming, now I'm yours!

Hope that clears this up. Thanks, Quatts.

-- GM

LiladyK
09-15-2003, 10:14 AM
quattrocentro's posts are always somewhat confusing cuz he/she is a foreigner w/admittedly not very good English speaking skills.

NY Fan
09-15-2003, 10:34 AM
A lack of facility with English isn't my problem here. Quatto makes statements without explaining them, here and in his other post.

Why was this show not a good one for Quatty? Why does he question whether or not the 'Hawks had fun... or want to continue playing live? Why does he think they are tired of playing?

Kim, you know most live reviews of this band are stellar, but everybody's entitled to an 'off' night now and then. Likewise, maybe some fans could be disappointed in a live show for reasons of personal preference.

If the Quattster could EXPLAIN WHY he's making his statements, we could all figure out what the hell he/she is talking about. Give it a shot in whatever language you please, and we'll try to figure out what you're saying. Otherwise, why post a "review"?

-- GM

quattrocento
09-27-2003, 09:57 AM
It's not a trial, is it?
I could try to pay more attemption in writing, you're right.

But I just don't want to explain each impression I had: it's not my point.
Impressions. Not "statements", nothing serious. Cheap talking, or something.
I DON'T want you to understand - the way you mean this word.
You don't ask me for explications, you just want me to "factorize" my feelings.
It's not my culture. I don't want you to agree or not.
I just tried to express myself.

:) :rolleyes:

ArmedJimmy
09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by quattrocento
It's not a trial, is it?

they say reading makes you smarter, but I just dropped 20 IQ points reading that post! :rolleyes: :)

I think people just wanted to know why you hated the show so much...was it just not your thing or was there something that made it a bad show.

JayB
09-29-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by quattrocento
It's not a trial, is it?

I seee, that makes it much clearer, thanks.

rwqindc
09-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm with you. They don't look like they are having fun anymore up there. they played for about 75 minutes last night at the 9:30 Club. They sounded great but they seemed just pissed off to be there. Lot of Louris snipes about their inference that folks were there to see Lucinda. There was just no jpy on the stage last night.