PDA

View Full Version : Tim O'Reagan and Friends at the 318

Emmylou
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Check out the show review in our new, local, online music magazine 'Round The Dial. Enjoy!

'Round The Dial Magazine (http://roundthedialmagazine.com/pdfs/RTDMAG0005.pdf)

Calexico
01-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Seems everyone agreed that it was a bit of a "happening" that was not to be missed. Be nice if Tim and his mates can kick on a bit and do some more shows.

axeeugene
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Seems everyone agreed that it was a bit of a "happening" that was not to be missed.

As someone who was there, I'll add to this sentiment. The 318 is such an intimate location that just getting in the door one felt like an in-the-know VIP. Failing to secure official reservations, we arrived before anyone else ostensibly to eat dinner and see if we could weasel a table out of the deal.

As we ate, the staff locked the second entry immediately behind our table to funnel arrivals through the main door. I took tremendous pleasure in being the one responsible for admitting the opening band, Marc Perlman, and Karen Grotberg, all of whom arrived at separate times to that door.

Closer to show time, the place filled near to capacity, which meant we were headed for SRO somewhere in the back. But with the arrival of PD and a few of his well-connected friends (to say the least), we were granted chairs and knowledgeable conversation for the half hour pre-show. The company and delectable food alone made the evening worthwhile, and we hadn't even gotten to the music yet.

I'll say nothing about the band's performance since others have covered it so artfully elsewhere except to say the following: if this small group of people continues playing "Ooh La La" as often as they do, I'll be at every show. It's my favorite song of all time, and hearing it never fails to bring the broadest smile possible to my face. Tim, Danny Murphy, and the Boquist Brothers all have it in their regular rotations, and I hope that never changes.

Also, I should note that any of you interested in the initial pressing of Tim's solo record should not fail to attend any future shows, because he's selling them there. At the 318, I believe he was asking $5 (maybe it was $10) for them. As rarities, they will be gobbled up soon.

Calexico
01-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I took tremendous pleasure in being the one responsible for admitting the opening band, Marc Perlman, and Karen Grotberg, all of whom arrived at separate times to that door.

It's Carlton, your doorman!

JoMama
03-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I dunno if any of this stuff is compiled anywhere, but here's a site with some stuff:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/mark-olson-and-gary-louris-53d78791.html