PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks - Winnipeg Aug 23 2003

NDHawkFan
08-26-2003, 10:47 AM
The Winnipeg show was close to Edmonton setlist, albeit shorter with no encore as they weren't the headliners. Unfortunately I didn't jot it down and there was a barricade a bit back from the stage so I couldn't get a copy of the set list. And we'd had plenty of Molson's during the two prior bands so we were definitely having "fun"!! The band was in great spirits, Gary was smiling a lot from cheers from the front, saying, "whoa, we got some die hard fans here!!" My request for "Life Floats By" happened, someone else wanted Better Days but Gary said it hadn't been rehearsed. We did get an electric version of Waiting For the Sun, which was a great treat. The crowd really filled in up front when they went on, and large crowd gathered on the lawn behind the front area, so it was a really cool atmosphere. Guessing it was around 2,000 people there, but that's a very rough guess. Everyone was going nuts when the radio DJ came out after the show, screaming for an encore. He apologized that they couldn't. Otis Rush, blues guy from Chicago was on after that at 10:00 sharp. Gary and Marc could both be seen watching Otis and his band play for some time, so they were pretty respectful.

I'm waiting on some great pics that were taken, I'll forward to Sandy shortly. Also have a cool article/front page full photo from Winnipeg's weekly Uptown newspaper, haven't seen it online anywhere but hope to scan it shortly.

finger
08-27-2003, 12:20 PM
you might have seen me at that forks show. I'm the dark-haired guy that stood front and centre, singing and cheering my heart out beside a tall guy on my right that was equally as stoked.

-the finger

NDHawkFan
08-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Ha ha.....I was the tall guy on your right. And if you have a couple piercings in your right ear, you're in a picture I have with Marc, Tim and Gary in the background.

Had a great time up there, coming back again this weekend for less fun reasons!

finger
08-27-2003, 06:35 PM
uh, no that won't be me in your pictures. but I'd like to see how it turns out though. if you want to refresh your memory as to what I look like, I'm in the pictures section of the Craig Northey page (you should check out his stuff as well). less fun in winnipeg?

-the finger

NDHawkFan
08-28-2003, 08:15 AM
I emailed the pics to the webmaster, so she might post them. Otherwise I can email them to you if you want

Having Lasik done up in Winnipeg this weekend, so it'll be a boring Friday sitting in the hotel. Hoping to go to a Goldeyes game tonight though

takemewithyou
08-28-2003, 03:04 PM
I am working on them, photos take a long time for me to prepare and get up...just ask cootner! ;) Coming soon....

NDHawkFan
09-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Ha ha......thanks Sandy!