PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me ?

on the beach 3
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Another week has passed and I still have not grabbed my copy of the anthology ! I thought for sure I would grab it Saturday....but no.Will someone please tell me what I'm missing, as If I needed mojo.

Peace and Boat Drinks.........

girl incognito1
08-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh wow Bud!!! You are in for a treat!!!! Run, don't walk to the nearest Best Buy!!!! Disk two is just the bomb!!!! :cool: :D :cool: :D

ChiefCrowe
09-01-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah i don't know what's wrong with you man??!

you're missing some unheard songs and a sweeeet DVD!

Haggischomper
09-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Clearly, this is all Neil Young's fault!! Anthology is nowhere near the sheer class of Archives BUT....it's still better than 95% of the other rubbish out there. Go get! Go enjoy!

musicdoc
09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
You're right. Don't get Anthology, it stinks, totally stinks. You'd be a fool to go out and get anthology. I'm commanding you not to go out and get anthology. You've got your Neil, you don't need anything else.

(I only use reverse psychology in desperate situations such as these)

dflyer
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
You need to pick this up Doc!

You won't be sorry. As a Jayhawks fan you'll
really appreciate this. The bonus stuff is cool
and the whole package is done very well. First class stuff!

What are you waiting for?!?!?

Chaosdan
09-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I've got a confession too - I've had the anthology for weeks but I haven't listened to it yet. Is it possible to be in a month long non-Jayhawks mood? Help!

Calexico
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Get the lead (load) out slackers!

Haggischomper
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I've got a confession too - I've had the anthology for weeks but I haven't listened to it yet. Is it possible to be in a month long non-Jayhawks mood? Help!
Yes. I haven't listened to it since...uhm....it came out. Music is mood - gotta wait to be in right one, man.

musicdoc
09-01-2009, 02:55 PM
"Yes. I haven't listened to it since...uhm....it came out. Music is mood - gotta wait to be in right one, man."- Haggy

"I've got a confession too - I've had the anthology for weeks but I haven't listened to it yet. Is it possible to be in a month long non-Jayhawks mood? Help!"- Chaosdan

You people disgust me.

jacieb
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Ever since they played BBP, it seems like the enthusiasm has waned. Could it be we are taking them for granted? That we think new music is inevitable? (One could only hope!!!:D)

There are some REALLY tasty tracks on disk 2. Find it on sale for SURE (since one disc has songs you already own), but get it. You all HAVE to weigh in on the Disc 2-most-repeated-tracks - it's a fanpage must!

I'll be honest - I've loaded Disc 2 into the computer-thingy, and I've shuffled the tracks a little so I don't have to listen to retreads of songs I already know. I don't need a buzzy Tailspin, but the tracks surrounding it are essential!

Precious Time
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree that the reaction to the Anthology has been a bit subdued on the board. Not much discussion on it really except for a very few members. C'on people, it's The Jayhawks!

kmweiss
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Must admit that I'm one of the people that is subdued about it. A few gems packaged together with stuff I already have just isn't that exciting especially when I already spend a lot of time listening to The Jayhawks. I would be much more interested in new material, especially the kind where they plug those guitars into those amps....and maybe there's a bass player....and maybe a drummer....:)

Although I like them well enough and understand why some of you folks love them, I think that Vagabonds and RFTF haven't stuck with me because I like what Gary brings to the table as an electric guitar player. Hearing him play in songs like Lights, WFTS, Trouble, Tailspin, Big Star, etc. is what does it for me. Interestingly enough Mark's Salvation Blues is my favorite of all the recent stuff - maybe its more old school Jayhawks or just edgier. Don't know.

If there is some new material, it would be great because then they would have so much to choose from at the shows. Could be a great mix.

Kenny

NY Fan
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Although I like them well enough and understand why some of you folks love them, I think that Vagabonds and RFTF haven't stuck with me because I like what Gary brings to the table as an electric guitar player. Hearing him play in songs like Lights, WFTS, Trouble, Tailspin, Big Star, etc. is what does it for me...

Thanks for nicely summing up what I have been feeling, too...

girl incognito1
09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I really love the Anthlogy...maybe because there were some songs I never heard before on disk 2. It is just a treat listening to them for the first time. Ya know though, it's been a few days since listening to disk 2. I have been putting on RFTF this week...I'm pretty hopeful that this will bring something good from the gang.:cool: :cool: :D :D

mystic_spiral_3
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I haven't watched the sweeeeeeet dvd yet. I'm trying to finish Supernatural before the new season starts. :)

Chaosdan
09-02-2009, 03:21 AM
I think I tend to go through phases with bands and types of music, and I've listened to sooo much Jayhawks related stuff over the last 18 months - Vagabonds, RFTF, Salvations Blues, bootlegs of the reunion shows, all the albums and the mystery demos - plus I've seen Mark and Gary live a couple of times. And it's all been great, but now I'm listening to lots of new stuff and albums/bands I've not heard for ages. I will return to the fold though!

JayB
09-02-2009, 07:07 AM
+1

Angelyne
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I have it, listened a few times and need to listen again. I am not sure if it is that I am so busy or I have a ton of new music to get to. Someone tell me to listen to it NOW!!!!!!!

p.s. I still love you my beautiful Jayhawks!!!!! >>>dorky smiley icon here<<<

jacieb
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
p.s. I still love you my beautiful Jayhawks!!!!! >>>dorky smiley icon here<<<

Do we have an UNDORKY smiley icon here?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :) :D :p

Truscott
09-02-2009, 12:22 PM
All emoticons are dorky. They wouldn't be fun to use if they weren't!

girl incognito1
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
All emoticons are dorky. They wouldn't be fun to use if they weren't!

Sooo true!!!! Says the Queen of the Dorky Emoticons!!!! :D :cool: :cool: :D

jacieb
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I've been listening to it. I don't think I've touched the first disc at all, but disc 2 has been really great to listen to. It's brilliant hearing some of this stuff for the first time.

+1 Same situation for me.

mystic_spiral_3
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I finally watched the DVD this morning. What a treat that was! Except for the "Blue" video, they were all new to me. The only copy of the "Blue" video I had before was from my old VHS tape which has deteriorated since 1995. I thought the video for "Big Star" was hilarious, and I was glad that Gary got rid of the soul patch I saw in the "Waiting for the Sun" video.

girl incognito1
09-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I finally watched the DVD this morning. What a treat that was! Except for the "Blue" video, they were all new to me. The only copy of the "Blue" video I had before was from my old VHS tape which has deteriorated since 1995. I thought the video for "Big Star" was hilarious, and I was glad that Gary got rid of the soul patch I saw in the "Waiting for the Sun" video.

I love the Big Star video...fun!!!! Esp the part where the headline says, "fan-boy attacts band!!!!" And the boy runs over to Gary to get an autograph. LOL!!! I was rolling on the floor laughing my you-know-what off!!!! I thought the end was bittersweet with Gary driving the band around in the van. The soul patch thing...I dunno Gary didn't look too bad with it. I remember years back getting in touch with my high school boyfriend and he sent me a photo via email with a soul patch...and well, he looked, ahhhh silly. Yeah, I should laugh...he's making a lot of money producing video games!!!!! :p :cool: :D

Haggischomper
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Don't disregard disc one purely because it is a known commodity. It's a mighty fine listen, mighty fine.

mavman
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I feel so weird on this board. I can't describe how I felt when the anthology came out. I hadn't been that excited about a CD in a while just because it meant new Jayhawks music for me. I too have been listening to a lot of their music in the past few months, due to the GL/MO album and GL's solo album. I watched the DVD that night over the course of a few beers (I'm the board drunk, remember) and just thought it was great to have some live footage.

I've also been playing them a lot on my Americana radio show, especially since the anthology came out. I keep hoping against hope that someone hears it and decides go out and get them some Jayhawks music.