PDA

View Full Version : My Own Personal Jayhawks Anthology, just for fun

Shug
08-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I've made many Jayhawks comps for my own listening pleasure, but I was inspired to do yet another one that would be my version of Disc 1 of Music From The North Country. It goes like this:

Ainít No End
Waiting For The Sun
Settled Down Like Rain
Crowded In The Wings
Nothing Left To Borrow
Iíd Run Away
Blue
Two Hearts
Redís Song
Trouble
Its Up To You
Stick In The Mud
Big Star
Sound of Lies
A Break In The Clouds
Iím Gonna Make You Love Me
Smile
Tailspin
Stumbling Through The Dark
Save It For A Rainy Day
All The Right Reasons
Will I See You In Heaven?

I just picked my current faves, trying to represent each album with at least one song. 5 songs each from Rainy Day Music, Sound Of Lies and Tomorrow The Green Grass, 3 each from Hollywood Town Hall and Smile and 1 from Blue Earth. That pretty closely follows how I would rank the albums. I wasn't really a fan of the song Big Star until recently watching the video, but now I'm into it for some reason. As a rocker, it makes a nice change of pace from all the sad and beautiful songs and it still has the world-weary feel of Sound Of Lies album in the lyrics. I wanted to include Tampa To Tulsa, but couldn't find any other tracks to leave off. It was hard to leave Over My Shoulder out, as well. I'm not a fan of Blue Earth, but I included Ain't No End because its so good and its another song that I've newly rediscovered via the Anthology.

kmweiss
08-31-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't think I would have a problem listening to that! :)

Truscott
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
That sounds pretty good to these ears! :cool:

dflyer
09-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Not EXACTLY how I would do it, but darn good!!!

mavman
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
That's almost the one that I would have put together and have for friends. "Two Hearts" is one of my all-time faves. Right there's a very listenable anthology (not that the one actually isn't, mind you).