PDA

View Full Version : 2006 article about Cadiz, Spain and ex strangler Hugh Cornwell

true-k
08-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Hugh Cornwell (formerly of the Stranglers, and solo artist now) is on tour in North America this sept.

I'm getting ready for it.. just got his paperback biography recently to read, and it comes up that he has a song about Cadiz on his album from 3 years ago.

I found this article when I googled his name and Cadiz. Of course, the connection here is Gary's holiday place and the place where Golden Smog recorded.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/unspoilt-corner-of-spain-inspires-former-strangler-525515.html

girl incognito1
08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Kelly!!! Interesting travel, history and foodie lession!!!!

I would love to try this place if I was ever in that area...

The Achuri (00 34 956 253 613) in Cadiz. It sounds like a Japanese restaurant but it serves Andalucian specialities. They do a squid baked in its black ink, which is to die for. It's the tenderest you've ever had. The restaurant isnothing fancy but it has a great ambience. It's only open about four times a week and only in the evenings. They are very serious about what they serve and appreciate it when you go in there. It's always full of Spaniards.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

true-k
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
You wanna try squid? I have to develop a taste for that I think . I did have ray in France and I survived. I'm sticking with paella.

girl incognito1
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
You wanna try squid? I have to develop a taste for that I think . I did have ray in France and I survived. I'm sticking with paella.

The way he describe it sounded interesting...I'm willing to try anything!!! LOL!!!! :D ;) The only two things I'll never try is frog's legs and escargot!!!! :p :p :o :o

Calexico
08-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Cadiz. It's always full of Spaniards.

Never have guessed that.:)

I quite like squid myself. You do need to develop a taste for it and sometimes it isn't cooked well enough and it is like chewing a Firestone but when cooked right it is nice.

true-k
08-23-2009, 11:02 PM
what do you feel like afterwards.. frisky?

Haggischomper
08-24-2009, 10:04 AM
He feels like that beforehand.

Truscott
08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I knew this wouldn't end well...

Calexico
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
what do you feel like afterwards.. frisky?

Well, after a meal I quite like a coffee but I see things are moving on apace.:)

true-k
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I was a little delirious last night with lack of sleep. Watch out when I haven't had enough sleep. I get silly. Now I am going to sleep. Catch up.