PDA

View Full Version : Three Too Many

girl incognito1
08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I've searched for a thread about this song (I know, I know in my search there is a couple of threads about Vagabonds extra songs!!! But this song is on my "radar" right now!!! LOL)...I remember Jacki really liking the song and, for me...hearing it for the first time at Gary's Chicago show with Vetiver...and being blown away by it. I finally have a copy on disk and once again...it's bring me back to hearing the song the for first time in Chicago!!! A mixture of the Byrds-ish guitars, snarly-punkish attitude and Gary's gorgeous voice ~~ Luvs it Gary!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

jacieb
08-08-2009, 01:21 AM
This song RAWKS!!!! But the bonus copy sounds really...muddy? I think I remember a few other comments about that. It sort of sounds like it was recorded off the radio or like it's being played on a really old and worn casette tape.

This song is Awe.Some. I agreed with comments GL made that it wouldn't have fit in on Vagabonds, but it's still a favorite of mine.

girl incognito1
08-08-2009, 01:24 AM
This song RAWKS!!!! But the bonus copy sounds really...muddy? I think I remember a few other comments about that. It sort of sounds like it was recorded of the radio.

This song is Awe.Some. I agreed with comments GL made that it wouldn't have fit in on Vagabonds, but it's still a favorite of mine.

I agree it would be out of place on Vagabonds...but the song is pure rock perfection!!! I love it...Gary can go from rocking out to singing about love in a nano second and of course, I personally love that about his music!!! It's a lovely contrast!!!!

jacieb
08-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Does your copy sound clear? I wonder if there was something about my download.... :(

girl incognito1
08-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Does your copy sound clear? I wonder if there was something about my download.... :(

It does!!!! To be honest, I'm not too technical when it comes to stuff like this...even though I worked at a radio station where I had to run a board...nothing, and I mean nothing like being a producer of music where they have to be more up on this kinda stuff...I just had to make sure the people could hear me...I had one guy call me when I was on the air telling me he couldn't hear me!!! :o :o :o :o But, Gary would know more about it if sounded muddy!!! I really don't. :o :o :o I hated taking the production classes for my journalism degree, so that's why I'm a Luddite!!! LOL!!!

Oy vey...the wine is really getting to me tonight!!! LOL!!!

bryguy
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
That is a great song. The sound is pretty bright, but I can deal with it. It sounds like something out of the British Invasion to me. Love it. It amazes me how Gary can move from style to style with such ease. Now THAT is talent.

jacieb
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
What do you mean "the sound is bright"? I'm wondering now if something is wrong with my download.

Bigger things to worry about, I know. But I love this song.

girl incognito1
08-08-2009, 09:36 PM
That is a great song. The sound is pretty bright, but I can deal with it. It sounds like something out of the British Invasion to me. Love it. It amazes me how Gary can move from style to style with such ease. Now THAT is talent.

Yes...great call Bry!!!! I does have a dash of British Invasion!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

JoMama
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Aye, I remember telling the Bowman to go get it because it rocked like a lost Byrds classic with all that bright ringing guitar.
I could see this done with special guest Roger McGuinn bringing along his 12-stringer...
Definitely one of those outtakes that should not have been left hanging.
Maybe if they put it on an actual release they can clean up the sound a tad...

girl incognito1
08-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Aye, I remember telling the Bowman to go get it because it rocked like a lost Byrds classic with all that bright ringing guitar.
I could see this done with special guest Roger McGuinn bringing along his 12-stringer...
Definitely one of those outtakes that should not have been left hanging.
Maybe if they put it on an actual release they can clean up the sound a tad...

It's a FREAKING killer song!!! Seriously!!! I hope that Gary does put it on his next solo cd...it's fantaboulous!!!! Seriously Gary, if you are reading this...I just cannot get enough of this song...and I'm listening to it as I type this!!!! Just do it sweetie!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: