PDA

View Full Version : Basilica: Any first song predictions?

NewGuy
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm just trying to stir up additional interest about a week before the big event. I have no insider information, I'm just predicting "Settled Down Like Rain" because I am somewhat known as a betting man. Granted I'd only wager a beer on this prediction...

NewGuy
07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
If I were to post a betting line on first song odds, I'd probably give "I'd Run Away" 6 beers to 1. I'd put "Settled Down Like Rain" at 3 beers to 1 odds.

jacieb
07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Can I get odds on "pray for me"?

Calexico
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
I am going out on a limb here with either Whole Lotta Rosie or Waiting For The Sun.

JoMama
07-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm up for "Baltimore Sun" opening the show.

illbecominhome
07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I'll say "Wichita" just because that was the starter in Seville ;)

greekguy
07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I want 20-1 beer odds for A Break in the Clouds (Karen is going to be there, right?)

NewGuy
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll give you 20-1 odds on A Break in the Clouds. That's one beer per song (fingers crossed).

jacieb
07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I want 20-1 beer odds for A Break in the Clouds (Karen is going to be there, right?)

I hope if they do any west coast shows next year they bring Karen along for the ride. :) :) :)

greekguy
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I'll give you 20-1 odds on A Break in the Clouds. That's one beer per song (fingers crossed).

Deal. Hey Gary and other Jayhawks, if you are reading this, I will give you 10 of my free beers if you play that song first. That's like two each, and those mothers are expensive there (think like 7 bucks per beer). I will so set you up.

wheelhousetunes
07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll say "Martin's Song".

NewGuy
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Deal. Hey Gary and other Jayhawks, if you are reading this, I will give you 10 of my free beers if you play that song first. That's like two each, and those mothers are expensive there (think like 7 bucks per beer). I will so set you up.

Let's also hope that outdoor weather activity doesn't have a bearing on the order of the setlist.

Settled Down Like Rain
Clouds
Waiting for the Sun
A Break in the Clouds
etc.

greekguy
07-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Not that 10-day forecasts are very accurate, but it says 85 degrees for a high with scattered Thunderstorms for that night. <shivers>

illbecominhome
07-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll say "Martin's Song".

That one wouldn't surprise me either.

Thor_of_Mpls
07-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Do you think they will be doing anything off of, for example, SMILE?

on the beach 3
07-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Dust in the Wind...........

Peace and Boat Drinks........

Ordinarygirl
07-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Although I'd love to hear Break in the Clouds, I'd have to predict that we hear no Sound of Lies tunes at this show. This saddens me, since I think it's some of Karen (and Marc's) best work. But if any of it shows up, I'll be happily surprised.

My bet goes to Two Angels. However, if something like, say, Baltimore Sun were to kick it off, I'd say that would really start things off right. It's a Jayhawks Reunion show, TWANG IT OUT! (While you're at it, play Sioux City too.)

jacieb
07-03-2009, 01:48 AM
I thought of Two Angels. Baltimore Sun seems like a 3rd or 4th song to me, get the crowd REALLY riled up.

With Karen there, it would be a shame not to play "It's Up To You". Her piano OWNS that song.

philipgar
07-03-2009, 02:23 AM
what do you think the odds are on Miss William's Guitar.... My guess is 60 beers to 1... anyone else?

Phil

Calexico
07-03-2009, 04:08 AM
It is a bit of a shame that they don't seem inclined to do anything post Olson. Some of the band's very best work was done then and the fans would love to hear it once more. How hard would it be for Mark to learn a few riffs and backing vocals?

illbecominhome
07-03-2009, 08:33 AM
what do you think the odds are on Miss William's Guitar.... My guess is 60 beers to 1... anyone else?

Phil

Actually that was the closer in Seville. I don't think they'll kick off with that one tho...

Truscott
07-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Actually that was the closer in Seville. I don't think they'll kick off with that one tho...IIRC, most of the TTGG era shows had MWG towards the end of shows. It's a kickass way to close out a show, so as Jony said, don't bet on it opening.

My bet is that they'll open with I'd Run Away.

girl incognito1
07-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Okay, I'll say "I'd Run Away" for no reason other than it's what came into my head as a possible early set number!

What odds you giving me!?

Ohhhh...good one MB!!!!! That would be a GREAT opener!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Truscott
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
If they do thats a lot of beer NewGuy will be buying us!
Definitely! Too bad this board doesn't have a cheers emoticon. :cool:

sacred roots
07-03-2009, 11:07 AM
It is a bit of a shame that they don't seem inclined to do anything post Olson. Some of the band's very best work was done then and the fans would love to hear it once more. How hard would it be for Mark to learn a few riffs and backing vocals?

Whatya trying to do, start some trouble, Cale? Isn't it enough that the "real" Jayhawks are playing again. :p

LiladyK
07-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm hoping for a recreation of sorts of that specific era... mostly the stuff that hasn't gotten much recent exposure with them together, like: Nevada, California / Sioux City / Wichita

Of course with any of those rarities from the North Country album thrown in:D

Hearing Mark join Gary on Gary's song Angelyne has been one of my very favorite moments of the recent O/L shows though (in terms of post Olson).

I'm also hoping for Karen singing something solo like in the past: "Last Cigarette", or "Ode to Billy Joe" or "Sixpack On The Dashboard" - something to show off her voice again.

I've said this a million times, but here is a million and one times. "Let The Critics Wonder":o :cool:

Let 'em talk their tomahawk talk and burn a tattoo on your chest! Everything is so perrrrrrrrrrrfect. Everything real "high class".