PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a Basilic Ticket?

girl incognito1
06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm not going due to things going on with my life. If anyone needs a ticket then let me know through PM

Thanks!

K

LiladyK
06-26-2009, 09:51 PM
What the?

You ARE going....:confused:

LiladyK
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
You know they'll ask me where you are....they both mentioned you to me at separate moments when we were in Tucson....so see...you gotta show up!:)

girl incognito1
06-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm going to try to make it Kim...but I won't really know for sure until next week as they might be changing my job hours (it's sweet getting leaving work at 11:30am every Friday)...maybe if I call in sick!!! :D :o ;) This is really bumming me out BIG TIME.

JoMama
06-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok, all you folks breathing a collective [sigh], don't worry. Kristy WILL make it, I just know it. I've let my hair grow long and had it curled and bought some Buddy Holly glasses, just for her, dammit!

girl incognito1
06-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok, all you folks breathing a collective [sigh], don't worry. Kristy WILL make it, I just know it. I've let my hair grow long and had it curled and bought some Buddy Holly glasses, just for her, dammit!

Awww thanks Joe!!!! I would love to see that. Yeah...maybe I was thinking a little too prematurely. I know they won't tell us until next week about the hours switch. Heck...we've been doing ot for the past three weeks and they said I could go home early today...so you never know. I think me and my coworkers are thinking the worst about losing our Fridays.

crossing fingers!!!!

philipgar
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
What is Gary going to do now? If you're not there, he's going to think that there's no hope left for the Jayhawks!!! Please, please, please make it out there, we don't want the band to think you don't love them anymore. We don't want this to be the last hawks show in the US for the next 5 years. Best of luck, hope it all works out okay.

Phil

JoMama
06-26-2009, 11:49 PM
We don't want this to be the last hawks show in the US for the next 5 years. Best of luck, hope it all works out okay.
Phil

I already read on Perez Hilton's site that if she doesn't make this show they might as well break up for good.

I'm just sayin' is all

girl incognito1
06-26-2009, 11:56 PM
I already read on Perez Hilton's site that if she doesn't make this show they might as well break up for good.

I'm just sayin' is all

LOL...not saying that Gary would pick a fight with Perez...but you never know!!!!! {I kidddddd!!!!} ;) :eek: :p

I'm making light of the whole Perez getting hit by the Black Eyed Pea bodygard...not saying that I agree with ANY violence.

Truscott
06-27-2009, 12:14 AM
This is simply unacceptable. I'm not going all that way to not meet you. :p Gary will go into a depression and Perez Hilton met me on the street today and said he'd tombstone will.i.am if you don't go. :p

Do it for the baby with the pink earmuffs!

LiladyK
06-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Kiddo, I'm serious about Gary/Mark asking us where the hell are you. I really do think that will happen.

If you have become accustomed to having Fridays off at 11:30 a.m. for a while, then they've got to expect that perhaps you have a "family event" of some sort planned for this day. Even if they change your hours for July 10, tell 'em this has been set in stone due to your previous assumption. Just go to the boss and explain that is what happened, and that you will work extra hours or something the following week.

Think of it this way. If they give you shit and they say you can't have it off, so you miss the show, and you keep working there.....is your frustration gonna build up so much after so long that you will end up quitting anyway??:confused:

We all know how you worry so much about offending people....and I got a feeling you won't confront the boss due to this....but, please realize that confronting your boss with this info is not going to offend him/her. This is YOUR life and you have to have control over your life, not your boss.

This is a family event you know....extended family, so you are not lying with this excuse. Now, is there a hole in your back pocket that needs to be sewn, because you musn't lose your ticket.

As Always,
Boardmommy

girl incognito1
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Kiddo, I'm serious about Gary/Mark asking us where the hell are you. I really do think that will happen.

If you have become accustomed to having Fridays off at 11:30 a.m. for a while, then they've got to expect that perhaps you have a "family event" of some sort planned for this day. Even if they change your hours for July 10, tell 'em this has been set in stone due to your previous assumption. Just go to the boss and explain that is what happened, and that you will work extra hours or something the following week.

Think of it this way. If they give you shit and they say you can't have it off, so you miss the show, and you keep working there.....is your frustration gonna build up so much after so long that you will end up quitting anyway??:confused:

We all know how you worry so much about offending people....and I got a feeling you won't confront the boss due to this....but, please realize that confronting your boss with this info is not going to offend him/her. This is YOUR life and you have to have control over your life, not your boss.

This is a family event you know....extended family, so you are not lying with this excuse. Now, is there a hole in your back pocket that needs to be sewn, because you musn't lose your ticket.

As Always,
Boardmommy

Awww thanks sweetheart!!!! The boss just had her vac-ca this past week...a whole week and the other filling in was there until one and she's getting married today...they are pretty strick there. But yes...I can tell them it's a familiy gathering. ;) I love ya guys seriously!!!!! You are family :cool: :cool: :cool:

Awww and I love Gary and Mark too...that's very sweet of them to ask about me at their AZ show. :cool: :cool:

girl incognito1
07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Well...it looks like my place of employment is not going to tell us if we get our Fridays back (they sprung on us on Monday that we had to put on an extra 30 mins this week since we have today off so they can get out of paying us holiday pay :mad: :mad: :mad: working from 7:30 to 5:30 with 30 mins lunch. That was criminal!!!)...so I said, I need to get off after 11:30am to get my tush up to Minneapolis. I didn't tell my boss why...just that I need to leave early. She said OK...and she didn't get mad at me. So looks like crisis averted!!! LOL!!! My parents are still picking up the Jennerbug the night before. So I don't have to worry about her. Sorry for the rant.

Truscott
07-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Great news that you'll be coming! We all knew you'd manage somehow. :D

That's pretty lousy of them to make you work more just because there is a national holiday though. :p

illbecominhome
07-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Great news that you'll be coming! We all knew you'd manage somehow. :D

That's pretty lousy of them to make you work more just because there is a national holiday though. :p

Good for you, Kristy! And in celebration of the 4th of July, I'm leaving work in a few minutes and won't return till Wednesday morning :) :D

Calexico
07-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice one, well done you! Enjoy!

philipgar
07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
glad to hear you can make it, I think Gary might have gone into shock if you weren't there... And if that happened, it wouldn't be that great of a show...

Phil

philipgar
07-03-2009, 01:27 PM
shit, I just realized that I don't think I'm going to be able to make this show myself. I am working toward a paper deadline that is due on July 10th. I was thinking it was july 13th or something, but with the 10th, I just don't see how my advisor would EVER allow me to go to this. While I could say I'd make sure I have it done by the 9th, I don't see that happening, as papers are never ready at the deadline, and my advisor just wouldn't allow me to stop a day before hand so I could drive to MPLS to see a concert.... No matter how much I had been looking forward to it. I think I'm just royally screwed about this show. I'm so pissed off right now, I can't believe I didn't notice this before, had I, I would have NEVER suggested submitting to this conference.

Ugh, I'm just not happy about this right now. I had been excited about this show for months.

Phil

zebulon
07-03-2009, 02:23 PM
YouŽll make it Phil!

As Kristy did!

greekguy
07-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Phil

There is a 3:00 flight from Madison to MSP that day. Round trip right now for $217, home on Saturday. You can do it! There is also a flight that lands at 8:22, but you would need some luck to make the start of the show.

philipgar
07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
It's not a matter of getting out there. The paper is due at 11:59pm PDT on the 10th. Getting home by Saturday won't cut it, I still wouldn't be able to make it to the show. My advisor will see to it that I'm making revisions right up until 2am CDT most likely, which means there's just no way out of it.

I wish there were another way, but it's a matter of needing to get a paper out, and I can't really control when these deadlines come up. It's sad, because I'm a lmost hoping my simulations fail this week, and I won't have the paper ready in time. However, for the sake of not wanting to be in school for another 10 years, I really want it to be ready. It's a tough choice really, seeing friends, and the Jayhawks, or to graduate at some point. Dammit, this just sucks horribly. I'm sure I'l see what I can do about having everything finished by the 9th so I can drive out to MPLS, but I doubt that'll be able to happen. Chances are good my advisor will have another draft for me at noon on the 10th to look over and edit. This just sucks! SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

Phil

illbecominhome
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
So sorry for you, Phil. Anyhow, positive thoughts and energies going your way, and hope you have it finished by July 9th!

LiladyK
07-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Damn ....another person I was really looking forward to meeting alas:(

Sounds like a school related thing. I had to miss one of Gary's Chicago shows last year, (glad I made the other Chicago one though) back when I was a slave to my school professors....I had the ticket, had the ride, I didn't even have to drive....and the room reserve was all squared away, and then POOF! Up in smoke. It just sucks being chained to life sometimes. Sorry to hear this.

Truscott
07-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Damn. It really does suck. My fingers are crossed that some miracle happens for you, Phil, but hopefully you'll get another Jayhawks opportunity soon.

Life is what happens when you're making plans and yadda yadda. It's a beatch!

mystic_spiral_3
07-03-2009, 09:45 PM
:(

This is truly another evil paper from hell.

philipgar
07-03-2009, 10:15 PM
:(

This is truly another evil paper from hell.

I still swear that the deadline must have moved. Had i seen that the deadline for this conference was the 10th, I don't know if I would have mentioned it to my advisor. I know that's bad, but I really wanted to make it out there. I guess there's the chance my data isn't ready in time... it's kind of sad that I'm almost hoping for that.

Phil

girl incognito1
07-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Good for you, Kristy! And in celebration of the 4th of July, I'm leaving work in a few minutes and won't return till Wednesday morning :) :D

LOL!!!!!! Too funny Jony!!! I'll light some fireworks in your honor!!! :cool: :cool: :D :D

girl incognito1
07-03-2009, 11:30 PM
shit, I just realized that I don't think I'm going to be able to make this show myself. I am working toward a paper deadline that is due on July 10th. I was thinking it was july 13th or something, but with the 10th, I just don't see how my advisor would EVER allow me to go to this. While I could say I'd make sure I have it done by the 9th, I don't see that happening, as papers are never ready at the deadline, and my advisor just wouldn't allow me to stop a day before hand so I could drive to MPLS to see a concert.... No matter how much I had been looking forward to it. I think I'm just royally screwed about this show. I'm so pissed off right now, I can't believe I didn't notice this before, had I, I would have NEVER suggested submitting to this conference.

Ugh, I'm just not happy about this right now. I had been excited about this show for months.

Phil

Awww bummer Phil!!!! :( :( :(

girl incognito1
07-03-2009, 11:52 PM
LOL!!!!!! Too funny Jony!!! I'll light some fireworks in your honor!!! :cool: :cool: :D :D

But...I know, I know...about my life all I will say is (and to quote Shakespeare: the lady doth protest too much!!! :p :p :o :o )

Calexico
07-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Shit, sorry to hear about that Phil but in fairness, you do need to get this thing done it seems and you need to graduate!

I tell ya though, it was drilled into me that you HAD to pass all your exams in school and you HAD to knuckle down and study or you would NEVER get a job or amount to ANYTHING in this world. You know what, that was a bunch of bullshit.

Life works out. It's a simple as that. Some doors and opportunities close and others open in their place. Don't let life pass you by while you are preparing for it.

I hope you can work out your situation. Your advisor, though, needs a kick in the nuts.

philipgar
07-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I hope you can work out your situation. Your advisor, though, needs a kick in the nuts.

I can't really say I blame her. She's always extremely busy, and when working on a paper there IS always more stuff that can be added, and new edits to make to make it more likely that the reviewers will be accepted. Also, my advisor is up for tenure in a month or two, so papers are kind of important right about now. This paper has already been delayed a handful of times due to unrelated circumstances. Canceling the paper (and submitting to a different conference at a later date) is just not a good idea for any of us.

It just really sucks that the dates have turned out how they have. I partially blame myself for not declaring ahead of time that I was going to be out of town on the 10th. Originally I just planned on not showing up on the 10th, and everything would have been fine. However when a deadline like this gets in the way, that is no longer an option. It just really really sucks for me at the moment.

Phil

JoMama
07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I tell ya though, it was drilled into me that you HAD to pass all your exams in school and you HAD to knuckle down and study or you would NEVER get a job or amount to ANYTHING in this world. You know what, that was a bunch of bullshit.

Life works out. It's a simple as that. Some doors and opportunities close and others open in their place. Don't let life pass you by while you are preparing for it.

so true, soooooo true. My kids keep reminding me of this... :o

philipgar
07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
well, after a few days in lab, the simulations I was running managed to fail on me (and no, although tempted, I didn't purposefully sabotage the simulations). It sucks to have to fix these bugs, but it was enough that in an email my advisor sent me today, we're going to have to miss the conference deadline this Friday. Although I plan on doing quite a bit of work on it this week anyhow, it does mean I should be able to sneak away on Friday for a day of Jayhawks fun!!! I'm so excited about seeing this show. It's always bad when you're working and have negative reinforcement to get the work done (if i was further ahead I'd have to miss the show, because my work is failing I don't....).

Thanks everyone for your support in this matter! I'm just glad to be able to go out... all I needed is help falling down first....

Phil

Truscott
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
it does mean I should be able to sneak away on Friday for a day of Jayhawks fun!!! I'm so excited about seeing this show.Folkin' RIGHT! That's fantastic news! :cool:

illbecominhome
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Glad that you'll be able to go to the show, fellow García!

girl incognito1
07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
well, after a few days in lab, the simulations I was running managed to fail on me (and no, although tempted, I didn't purposefully sabotage the simulations). It sucks to have to fix these bugs, but it was enough that in an email my advisor sent me today, we're going to have to miss the conference deadline this Friday. Although I plan on doing quite a bit of work on it this week anyhow, it does mean I should be able to sneak away on Friday for a day of Jayhawks fun!!! I'm so excited about seeing this show. It's always bad when you're working and have negative reinforcement to get the work done (if i was further ahead I'd have to miss the show, because my work is failing I don't....).

Thanks everyone for your support in this matter! I'm just glad to be able to go out... all I needed is help falling down first....

Phil

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW...I swear, as Jacki says, it's Louris luck I tell ya!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: SUPER COOL!!!!!!!! :cool:

Calexico
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Hooray for failure!

philipgar
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Hooray for failure!

For some reason, this came to mind while posting yesterday....

some folks find that their role in life
is to fail at everything they try
while other folks see but not like me
there's one thing that they're damn good at

phil