PDA

View Full Version : All ready for the flood tabs (and soon lyrics) on...

Marc
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
On my website!
www.chapter9.fr (http://chapter9.fr/WordPress/les-accords-de-mon-album-prefere-du-moment-ready-for-the-flood-tabs-and-lyrics-mark-olson-gary-louris/)

I've found all the chords (except one song) and wanted to share them with all of you guys!

I'll put the lyrics on it as well as soon as I finish writing them down!

If you guys know how to contact Gary and Mark to let them know if they want the stuff for their website, I'd be happy to share it with them so they don't have to bother write the lot down !

Cheers and have a brilliant day!
Marc

ps: I hope you're all doing fine. I can't stop listening to this album, it's a pure gem and it goes well with the ending spring and beginning of the summer!

Truscott
06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks Marc! That's fantastic! I've never been good at figuring out chords to songs, so this is a goldmine to me. :cool:

Marc
06-02-2009, 03:35 PM
hey you're very welcome Truscott, I'm happy if I can be of any help ;)

Precious Time
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Good work there Marc! Just polish up the link in your post (double http reference). Btw: your website looks great!

Marc
06-03-2009, 02:38 AM
done,

& thanks PT!

Marc

Chaosdan
06-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Awesome, nice work Marc. Might have a little strum later..... and then I might try playing some of these songs! :D

LiladyK
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks Marc, I don't get to play as much anymore as arthritis in my fingers and wrists makes wrapping my hand around the neck a challenge sometimes, and I miss it....but, I'm seriously thinking of taking up the dulcimer to compensate. I'm planning on buying one sometime this coming fall (after my busiest work season this summer) so I can play around with it over the coming winter.....this will be soooo great. :)

Marc
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Oh and maybe then you will post your own version of some songs of the Jayhawks? That would be lovely indeed to hear, I'm certain!

Dulcimer is so sweet :)

LiladyK
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, definitely, more Jayhawks songs tabbed....(I'm not certain how guitar language completely translates into dulcimer language yet;) )

The same chords should apply, they'll just be played in a different place and manner than what I'm used to, so I can definitely use what you have posted on your site. :)

The big advantage is that I can play this instrument on my lap with no wrist rotation.

I started tabbing out the Mystery Demo song "5 a.m." a long time ago on my guitar, but I got stuck on just one spot....

I think "Strong For You" Mystery Demo would sound good on dulcimer, I'd like to figure that one out at some point, and that's one of my favorites.

Marc
06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
It could be lots of fun if we all posted a bad-ass cover version based on those tabs.

I made a mistake at the end of my version but.. fair enough (plus, there some "vintage clipping" all along the version)

Here you go: Kick the Wood, by me (Marc Verwaerde) (http://chapter9.fr/Marc_Verwaerde_Kick_the_Wood.mp3)

LiladyK
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Marc that is fantabulous, such talented boardkiddos hang out here....we need to do another tribute album now, I'm so psyched after hearing this. You are something, I'm not joking....:D

You'll have to tell us how you recorded and the process of posting that!

OMG, this song plays out great acoustic....Truscott you listening to it?:D

Your voice sounds like Tim O sort of.....and I hear a lil of Gary in there as well.

Kick The Wood officially Kicks Serious Butt!

Truscott
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm going to give this a listen when I get home tonight. I'm looking forward to it! :cool:

Truscott
06-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah Marc! Très magnifique! Bravo!

JoMama
06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah Marc! Très magnifique! Bravo!

+11
Wonderful!

Haggischomper
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Nice job, Marc!

Chaosdan
06-04-2009, 02:10 AM
That's great Marc! Maybe I'll have a stab at recording one of these songs over the weekend...sadly can't play guitar or sing nearly as well as you, but hey. Maybe I'll do a techno-industrial-reggae version of Turn your Pretty Name Around.

ant5marching
06-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks very much Mark!! I will get a lot of use out of these.

Track sounds very good too...

maybe we should set up a tabs and lyrics section on the board?

Marc
06-04-2009, 05:47 AM
wwwwow Guys thanks for the thumbs up!

I really recorded that one very quick, with that little device from Zoom called H2 (you can record anywhere with that thing!). It was done real quick, one take (good take?) and I should have done it once again because of the mistake at the end, but never mind.

thank you!

Well, about that me singing like Tim or Gary. I must admit I learnt how to sing on Jayhawks tabs exclusively :)

Now, I'm singing my own stuff most of the time, but when I strike the high notes, I always think of Gary and "how he would sing it" to make it clean and crispy !

I hope we can do this Tribute thing work once again, it should be lots of fun!

Truscott
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
The sound quality on that zoom h2 is pretty damn good! I'm impressed!

A second tribute album sounds like a great idea right about now. Maybe this one could be all post-Jayhawks material (and we could include all of the Creekdippers stuff as potential material too).

LiladyK
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Would unreleased Mystery Demos count?:o

Gary/Mark solo songs?

Speaking of Creekdippers, I want to redo the Custom Detroit Railroad song that I did with Scott on the Creekdippers tribute CD. The guitar was perfect, but I want to redo my voice part....it's way too low in the mix, we were having some mixing difficulties then we've since straightened out.

LiladyK
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
wwwwow Guys thanks for the thumbs up!

I really recorded that one very quick, with that little device from Zoom called H2 (you can record anywhere with that thing!). It was done real quick, one take (good take?) and I should have done it once again because of the mistake at the end, but never mind.

thank you!

Well, about that me singing like Tim or Gary. I must admit I learnt how to sing on Jayhawks tabs exclusively :)

Now, I'm singing my own stuff most of the time, but when I strike the high notes, I always think of Gary and "how he would sing it" to make it clean and crispy !

I hope we can do this Tribute thing work once again, it should be lots of fun!

Very cool, I could tell you were thinking of Gary and how he would sing it....that comes out in your voice, that's another reason why it wowed me.

So how do you go from the H2 recording, to getting to the point where we at the fanpage can just click on a link and it goes right into our Windows Media player? I'm still a tech idiot and always will be, norma023 can attest to that if you need proof;)

Truscott
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah, unreleased mystery demos songs would be great for it too. :D

jacieb
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
A second tribute album sounds like a great idea right about now. Maybe this one could be all post-Jayhawks material (and we could include all of the Creekdippers stuff as potential material too).

I've been working on Bottomless Cup lately. That's made it into my regular practice rotation. I have just started to try to work out River Bends as well.

Truscott
06-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I've been working on Bottomless Cup lately. That's made it into my regular practice rotation. I have just started to try to work out River Bends as well.Rock on! I hope I get to hear your playing soon.

kmweiss
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
It could be lots of fun if we all posted a bad-ass cover version based on those tabs.

I made a mistake at the end of my version but.. fair enough (plus, there some "vintage clipping" all along the version)

Here you go: Kick the Wood, by me (Marc Verwaerde) (http://chapter9.fr/Marc_Verwaerde_Kick_the_Wood.mp3)

Really nice!

Kenny

Precious Time
06-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Zoom called H2 (you can record anywhere with that thing!)

Lovely gadget!

Truscott
06-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Lovely gadget!Hey, is that H2 any good for recording concerts? I would assume an external mic would be better than the built-in ones for that?

jacieb
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Oh. My. God. I LOVED IT!!!!

I dug the stuff on your radio too. So did hubby. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Marc
06-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Hey, is that H2 any good for recording concerts? I would assume an external mic would be better than the built-in ones for that?

H3 would be far better I think ;)

Truscott
06-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Cool. Merci.

Marc
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh. My. God. I LOVED IT!!!!

I dug the stuff on your radio too. So did hubby. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Bah

THANK YOU for taking the time to listen to that stuff, it's what I humbly try to put up as a "musician" :)

Have a nice week-end!