PDA

View Full Version : Today's THE day!!!!! The first New Zealand show!!!

girl incognito1
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
WOOT!!!! I hope Gary and Mark got to NZ ok and are having a blast at their first NZ show...then again...isn't already Saturday??!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

true-k
05-16-2009, 02:14 AM
O, guess it's a little early yet.
So while I'm here.. I'll have you know Vetiver were in Toronto tonight.. and they did an instore and a gig at the Horseshoe. They are making some fans here.
Let's hear about the aussies... and these first shows . This part of the world has an amazing record of great melodic songwriting bands, I bet they will be well appreciated.

girl incognito1
05-16-2009, 02:17 AM
O, guess it's a little early yet.
So while I'm here.. I'll have you know Vetiver were in Toronto tonight.. and they did an instore and a gig at the Horseshoe. They are making some fans here.
Let's hear about the aussies... and these first shows . This part of the world has an amazing record of great melodic songwriting bands, I bet they will be well appreciated.

Very cool Kelly!!!!! Did you go see Vetiver???!!!! I only saw them that one time when they played backing band for Gary last year. :o ;) :cool:

JoMama
05-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Maybe Shania Twain went, being she lives down there, and no longer has the ace "Mutt" Lange to hook her up with great songwriting...;) :cool:

edit: apparently he's working with her on her next album (wiki sez so)...

true-k
05-17-2009, 12:50 AM
No australians are diving in on the board.... so sad.
Yes I saw Vetiver, last night. In a club. It's amazing that Gary found this band and decided to work with them. I went for the gary connection. It's a young crowd.. they have their own fans. Nice melodies.
I saw Bonnie Prince Billy the night before... Will Oldham. With a full band. That was AWESOME. Ah... really powerful folk music, old fashioned fiddle, heartfelt.

Like Gary and Mark. Heartfull of song. Go melody songsters. Happy travelling.

Haggischomper
05-17-2009, 08:37 AM
No australians are diving in on the board.... so sad.

They don't play in Australia until the 21st.

Bryn
05-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Been real busy here trying (unsuccessfully) to finish a work load before taking off for Sydney in a few days. Lenno and I are going to all three cities. The boys are evidently doing a second show in Melbourne. (should have done one in Adelaide and Perth;) ) This is going to be fantastic, then I get to go straight across to Perth for two weeks holidaywith the family (see "Griswalds"):D