PDA

View Full Version : Tour Update 8/14/03

takemewithyou
08-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Looks like the tour dates are still in flux...sorry to disappoint some of you but here's the latest:

10/1 - Baltimore is OFF

9/30 - Charlottesville is back ON

GuitarMatt
08-15-2003, 06:40 PM
I knew it was too good to be true!!!! No band comes to Baltimore unless they're big enough for the Baltimore Arena or Merriweather Post Pavilion. Well at least I don't have to skip my late-nite class. That's something.

chrisinmd
08-18-2003, 01:35 PM
And pretty soon, we won't even have Merriweather Post. The cultureless, soul-less, anti-fun masses in Columbia have decided that they would much rather have town homes on Merriweather's parking lot, than a parking lot for Merriweather. Well, seems to me, that you can very well have a venue such as Merriweather without a parking lot. Also, I've read recently that they want to enclose Merriweather and turn in into a "year-round theater." I guess gone are the days of Phish, Allman Brothers, Dead, Jackson Browne, etc... Even though Merriweather isn't exactly close, it's sure better than driving all the way to the Nissan Pavillion in Northern VA, which is the next closest venue of that calliber. I've been to countless summer concerts at Merriweather since I was 14. It's really a pity. S*cks to be a music fan in Baltimore.

GuitarMatt
08-18-2003, 03:17 PM
Really? They are trying to turn Merriweather's parking lot into a town house community? That's retarded. Merriweather is probably the best place to see a band in Md. It's so nice and park-like. And to say the least, it needs a parking lot! Well the last time I was there it wasn't much of a parking lot though. Just a huge field of grass. Finding my friend's car was a real pain! But Columbia does suck. It's impossible to find anything because they hide everything with trees! My brother told me where to find a gas station down where I was in Columbia and I seriously drove right by it three times and had to call him again before finding the damn thing.