PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks Uberfan Language

LiladyK
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Jayhawks Uberfan Language:

1) "The Univoice" or "Magisk Stemmemix" in Norwegian - a unique sounding third entity that appears when Olson and Louris sing together
2) Tony - the alter ego of the Univoice
3) Mystery Demos - unheard of songs that mysteriously appeared from somewhere that thankfully aren't a mystery anymore
4) "The Rivet" - something the ladies keep looking for...... and hope may reappear someday
5) Pillow Pants - polarizing poster that actually has intellegent things to say, but he doesn't know how to say them
6) Glacier - the warm up band that goes on before Pillow Pants plays
7) ja ja ja - the proper way to laugh in Spanish
8) A sweety - anyone that crosses the path of Girl Incognito
9) Clown style - a large van filled with a bunch of fans who took a trip to Madison from St. Paul for a show, in spite of dangerously severe weather
10) The Bunkhouse - not exactly a house for people to bunk up in
11) The Bunkhouse Trading Post-a cyberspace place where Mp3 file traders are thrown into Musky's soup bucket and then boiled under his bridge
12) The hub - a place to live that's within driving distance of any show venue in the midwest
13) "Not the name of a football/basketball team from Kansas" - what the uber fans have to keep explaining to everyone else
14) SOL - not an abbreviation for "shit out of luck"
15) BE, HTH, TTGG, RDM, SB, V, RFTF - just some random "fan code"
16) Smile - it's not just for faces anymore
17) Muskysoft - inspired by "Microsoft", this is the process of requoting someone else's post to make it look like the person quoted, actually said something else
18) "Fixed it for ya!" - a sign that Muskysoft has been activated
19) Clog Cop - Precious Time Incorporated Board Security (the bouncer)
20) Boardmom - cares for all boardkiddos; makes certain the holes in the pockets of their jeans are sewn, so they don't lose their Jayhawks concert tickets
21) Boardkiddos - any fanpage boardmember that isn't the boardmom
22) Muskytoes - thought by some to mean "smelly feet"; it's really a play on the word "mosquitoes"
23) Norma023 and Jomama - not female fanpage members
24) Vintage horn rimmed eye glasses - Louris fashion statement
25) Cardigan sweaters - Olson fashion statement
26) "The Vest" - made popular by the Olson & Louris collaboration whenever they perform in folk faze
27) "The Black Beanie" - a semi-permanent fixture atop of Mark Olson's head
28) "Chick chicky chicken" - an early era Louris guitar picking style
29) Board Queen - the one we bow to at the fanpage; our ruler simply known as *Sandy*
30) Herculean Project - the laborious delivery of the golden fleece so coveted by uberfans and ruled by roots so sacred

LiladyK
05-10-2009, 10:24 AM
It's near perfect I think. There are exactly 30. We need a Herculean Project definition though.

Mort
05-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Sweet!!

Love your signature, too. "Magisk stemmemix" is of course the definition of Univoice... :p

LiladyK
05-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey I think I'll add it alongside the American version!

Mort
05-10-2009, 11:13 AM

:D :D

Calexico
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM

Once again, something that Europe does gets no recognition till it gets Americanised.:)

Haggischomper
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
;)

NorthShoregirl
05-10-2009, 01:54 PM
It's near perfect I think. There are exactly 30. We need a Herculean Project definition though.

Wow, good job!! I am enjoying the lil lists you post! This list should be passed on to any JFP newbies!
Herculean Project- The labors that would deliver The Golden Fleece to voracious Jayhawks fans (Am I remembering my Greek mythology correctly?)
I am sure Sacred Roots could define it! ;)

philipgar
05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow, good job!! I am enjoying the lil lists you post! This list should be passed on to any JFP newbies!
Herculean Project- The labors that would deliver The Golden Fleece to voracious Jayhawks fans (Am I remembering my Greek mythology correctly?)
I am sure Sacred Roots could define it! ;)

Hell, this should be in a special FAQ section for new members.

Phil

Precious Time
05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
We need a Herculean Project definition though.

Herculean Project - Comprehensive project with the (re)releasing of all kinds of Jayhawks goodies that is making fanpagers 'wet'.

Haggischomper
05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Herculean Project ~ the task facing whoever gets the first round of drinks at the Fanpage gathering pre-Basilica show

mystic_spiral_3
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Where is number 4?

LiladyK
05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh I must have messed up the numbers when I was adding things because it's not like Word where it defaults to the number.....thanks for catching that.

Fixed it. It was nice to think it was an even 30. We need just one more!

Tony Town
05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I am disappointed I did not make the list.

mystic_spiral_3
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh I must have messed up the numbers when I was adding things because it's not like Word where it defaults to the number.....thanks for catching that.

Fixed it. It was nice to think it was an even 30. We need just one more!

Yay!

Maybe something about "who the F is Gary Louris?" That sounded like an amusing t-shirt.

Haggischomper
05-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe something about "who the F is Gary Louris?" That sounded like an amusing t-shirt.

Robin Zander of Cheap Trick used to have "Who the F is Robin zander" tshirts - but in Norwegian. Probably that would work better for Mr Olson than Mr Louris who would need something in Greek.

girl incognito1
05-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I am disappointed I did not make the list.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LiladyK
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
How about:

Tony - The alter ego of the Univoice

Bingo! We are now back to an even 30. Thanks for making an appearance Tony:)

LiladyK
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Bump

Added Joe's "chick chicky chicken".

Is it ready to morph into a t-shirt yet?

jebstuart
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Herculean Project...Sacred Roots and his burden that makes all of our Jayhawks anticipations better.
________
Zoloft help (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

KU97
01-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Pretty cool--need to add the acoustic tour. I think we all attended a lot of them...

JoMama
01-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Shut your festering gob = You're cool, we should be next door neighbors.