PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Tour Starts Tonight!!

girl incognito1
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Woot!!!! I hope they sell the place out, heck the whole tour out!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

ChiefCrowe
04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Yessss! finally... thank jah they are coming west at last!

jacieb
04-07-2009, 12:39 AM
So we should hear from wheelhousetunes first, then. :)

wheelhousetunes
04-07-2009, 01:39 AM
So we should here from wheelhousetunes first, then. :)

OK. Thanks for the recognition! Then I'll give a quick review:

First off: good things. The show was incredible. Talked to Gary before the show (thanks to being on the Street Team - hint) and w/o even asking he brought up the box set he's been working on. Lot's of unreleased stuff plus a dvd. No details, but it sounded promising.

Secondly: they have a live DVD and cd from two different shows they're selling just at the shows. The DVD is from Somerville Theater on 2/6/09 and the cd is from Eddie's Attic in Decatur, GA. Gonna put them on to get a taste right now. But everyone should be psyched that this is available.

The show: it was most of the stuff they've been playing but we got "Red's Song" which blew me away. It was about 5 or 6 songs into the set and that was all I needed. It was the one unexpected song I had hoped to hear. The encore started with "Ain't No End" and then we got "Blue" to end it. It was a phenomenal show. The guys came out and signed stuff afterwards and topped it all of greatly.

Lastly: I thought having Ingunn there was great. Having that extra beat behind the guys really sounded amazing.

Good times.

Maybe I'll have more tomorrow, but I'm a little tapped - it was that good.

Enjoy the west coast shows, everyone that can make them!

Peace,
JP

jacieb
04-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Hey, I think the Somerville show was the one I was at!!!!!!!! Woot!! Look back at my twitters - I'm sure I mentioned videotaping.

Okay - NOW I'm excited. :D

JoMama
04-07-2009, 04:41 AM

+1

:D :D :D

girl incognito1
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey, I think the Somerville show was the one I was at!!!!!!!! Woot!! Look back at my twitters - I'm sure I mentioned videotaping.

Yessss!!!! Me too Jacki!!! Looking forward to the LA and SD shows!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

ungere
04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Any chance someone could pick-up a copy of the Eddie's Attic show? I was at that show and would love to hear it again (and again..etc)

Send a PM to me if so.

zebulon
04-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, have a great time everyone!:)

jacieb
04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Who's our Portland rep on the board?

nutshell
04-08-2009, 12:10 AM
but we got "Red's Song"

wow, wow. I swear this is a song I have been so hoping to hear, and have been thinking would be perfect for them in their latest incarnation. god. I so hope I can hear this myself, at the next show I am able to see....:)

wheelhousetunes
04-08-2009, 09:38 AM
wow, wow. I swear this is a song I have been so hoping to hear, and have been thinking would be perfect for them in their latest incarnation. god. I so hope I can hear this myself, at the next show I am able to see....:)

I know. Before the show started, that was the one I said I'd request to hear.

Note on the dvd so people don't get their hopes up too high: it's pretty low-fi. It's filmed from just one camera at the back of the venue and sounds like an audience mix. Still good and worth buying, though!

ungere
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
How's the sound on the Eddie's Attic CD?

Angelyne
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the review Wheelhousetunes! Sounds like an amazing time.

wheelhousetunes
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
How's the sound on the Eddie's Attic CD?

Haven't listened to it yet but it comes in a cardboard slipcase that credits it as a board mix, so I'd assume it should sound nice.

wheelhousetunes
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Haven't listened to it yet but it comes in a cardboard slipcase that credits it as a board mix, so I'd assume it should sound nice.

I listened to this last night and it's just about perfect soundboard audio. The only very minor thing I noticed was Gary's vocal could be a little louder. Still a must have.

philipgar
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
less than 12 hours to go!!!

Phil

jacieb
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Please post a review when you can! We missed any news of the Portland show.

girl incognito1
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Please post a review when you can! We missed any news of the Portland show.

Yeah!!! No news!!!?? :eek: :confused: :(

JoMama
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah!!! No news!!!?? :eek: :confused: :(

C'mon folks, no news can be GOOD NEWS too. Google the Portland newspapers or whatever. I'm sure the show was FINE. Are you kidding me? Sheesh...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: