PDA

View Full Version : 6 Other Tracks...

jacieb
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
In a recent RFTF article, it was mentioned that there were the records from the album plus 6 extra tracks.

Were PT and CD 2 of those tracks, or are those 6 on top of those?
What songs were recorded?
Will they be released later?
Who has heard these tracks? I want names!!! :)

JoMama
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
It's tempting to speculate, but heck, we've had some clues that something wonderful is in the offing. And part of it is some shows coming your way. So leave it alone.
Let's just let it happen on its own before someone reviews them ahead of time...

girl incognito1
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
In a recent RFTF article, it was mentioned that there were the records from the album plus 6 extra tracks.

ROTFL!!!! Are you going to interrigate people under a spotlight!!!!??? :D :cool:

If Harvey Keitel can do it on Life on Mars then so can Jacki!!!;) :cool: :D

LiladyK
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM

Sorry, I'm kind of lost...."records from the album".....do you mean songs from the vinyl album? There were 6 Official Mystery Demo Songs on RFTF, that's the only significant 6 number I know of:

Precious Time
Cotton Dress
My Gospel Song For You
Bloody Hands
Turn Your Pretty Name Around
The Trap's Been Set

JoMama
03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry, I'm kind of lost...."records from the album".....do you mean songs from the vinyl album? There were 6 Official Mystery Demo Songs on RFTF, that's the only significant 6 number I know of:

Precious Time
Cotton Dress
My Gospel Song For You
Bloody Hands
Turn Your Pretty Name Around
The Trap's Been Set

Good point, Kim.
Methinks, with the notoriety of interviewers mis-printing from their recorded interviews, that this is actually what was being alluded to.

jacieb
03-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh, great. I'll have to go out and find them. But I'm pretty sure the article mentioned 6 additional tracks recorded but not on the album. I think it was that guitar article about their guitars...maybe.

LiladyK
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Could it be the "Bicycle Sessions" recorded and printed only 100 in number, I think in Europe somewhere?

girl incognito1
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh, great. I'll have to go out and find them. But I'm pretty sure the article mentioned 6 additional tracks recorded but not on the album. I think it was that guitar article about their guitars...maybe.

Yep...it was from the article I found a few weeks ago:

Of the 13 songs on the album, fouró"Bloody Hands," "My Gospel Song for You," "The Trap's Been Set," and "Turn Your Pretty Name Around"ówere written in 1990, just after the release of their first demo recordings, and saved in Louris' tape archive. The album's nine remaining songs, plus another six that didn't make the final cut, were written over five days at a friend's garage in Minneapolis, with Louris and Olson taking turns writing and editing.

JoMama
03-31-2009, 09:14 PM

Well, Jackie, that's a good point too. But, as we all have experienced over the years, all this stuff either adds up to something real, and tangible, and something ultimately accessible, so no need to get crazy. The answer, good or bad, will surface. Gosh, we're all so crazy about these guys, we can' go wrong: We'll eventually find out.
Yeah, I know, MOST of us missed out on the European EP, and that's sad. But something tells me we haven't really "missed out".
The freaking internet spoils so many "surprises" and that's more or less what I alluded to earlier. If we wait a bit, we'll get answers, we'll get "product" from our artists. We'll get opportunities to discuss how much we love whatever... And of course the opportunity to get mad at 'bad reviews' too.
Let it roll, sista, and keep on working on that June Carter track--you'll nail it.

jacieb
03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Yep...it was from the article I found a few weeks ago:

Ah, so these written, not recorded. Got it.

goody59
04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Didn't say they weren't recorded, they may just not have been as good as what did make the CD

Ah, so these written, not recorded. Got it.