PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues Anaheim, 7.26.03 Review!!

ChiefCrowe
07-28-2003, 01:01 PM
here is the setlist, i dont think the order is correct though:

Stumbling Though the Dark
Angelyne
What Led Me to this Town
Take me With You (when you go)
Eyes of Sarahjane
I'd Run Away
Settled Down Like Rain
Different Drum (Linda Ronstadt)
A Break in the Clouds (with Carla Werner singing backup)
Somewhere in Ohio
Haywire
Trouble
Tampa to Tusla
Jennifer Save Me
Save it For A Rainy Day
Nothing Left to Borrow

Encore:

Waiting for the Sun (Gary solo acoustic)
Broken Harpoon (Gary solo acoustic with Stephen on pedal steel)
All the Right Reasons (with the Thorns)
Blue (with the Thorns)
Tailspin > country jam (with the Thorns)

Another excellent show!! I was bummed I missed Carla, i really like her! The Thorns came out in full on biohazard outfits which was pretty strange yet cool. I thought it was really nice of them to thank their bus driver and bring him out on stage.

Although I liked the LA show a little bit better, this was really fun. The crowd was a lot better and Gary acknowledged it; a great response for the end of the tour! Highlights: Nothing Left to Borrow, with Gary going off on the solos, Jennifer Save Me (its always good to hear a little Smog!), Broken Harpoon, which is kind of rare and it was the first time they played it this tour, Take me With You, Settled Down like Rain. At the end, someone threw a disneyland balloon on stage and Gary took it down with him when he jumped off the stage at the end.

I'm never disappointed at a Jayhawks show and this tour is probably the best one I've seen them on (albeit I missed the Olson years) and now it just leaves me wanting to see them more often!
Lets hope for a fall tour, they seem to be doing pretty well for this album!

NDHawkFan
07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear the Anaheim show was a good one, but the tour isn't quite over yet for some of us! I'm ecstatic about the festival show up in Winnipeg in a few weeks. Bringing a bunch of friends and first time Jayhawk-show-attendees up across the border for some good tunes, good times and cheap Labatt's! Will try to get some photos and a set list. Any Mpls fans should come on up, not too far of a drive!

ChiefCrowe
07-28-2003, 03:37 PM
well what i meant was that the main part of the tour is over. i know they have a few more shows coming up.. hopefully they throw in some new tunes!!

NDHawkFan
07-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I hope so too. "Life Floats By" was killer a while back in Mpls, hoping they play that again up north of the border. "Thunder Bay was a drag baby"

natalina
08-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Just a slight correction - not that it has anything to do with the show itself...

Gary didn't take off with the balloon. I know this because I was in front and saw the girl who ended up leaving with it. Mathew Sweet brought him the balloon when they came out for the encore.

I'm slightly anal about details, just in case no one's noticed yet...

Other than that, you were pretty dead on about it being a great concert. Saw them at the Belly Up in San Diego the night before and HAD to see the final show of Thorns/Jayhawks tour.

ChiefCrowe
08-04-2003, 03:26 PM
yeah you're right.. i guess i was referring to the fact that it went along with him when he jumped off the stage!