PDA

View Full Version : 5 stars for Vagabonds

DMAN
02-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Not often that I jump on the board however I do read a lot during lunch hour when the bossman isn't over my shoulder demanding account reconciliations.
On sunday I purchased the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss cd. On tuesday I purchased Vagabonds. Although I am a big fan of Robert Plant...Gary's new cd blows me away in comparison. Haven't stopped listening to it! And the harmonies blow me away. While the music industry (American Idol included)has continued to push commercialized poop on society it is refreshing to hear a songwriter continue to perfect his craft. When will the masses realize that Rap... rhymes with Crap?!!
Got my tickets for the Somerville MA show on 4/1 and I can't wait :D

JayB
02-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I have room in my life for both albums.

Angelyne
04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I have room in my life for both albums.

Indeed. And oddly enough, there's always room for more beautiful music! :D

JoMama
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM

Key word there: "always"

amen, sista :)

Haggischomper
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I wonder what will come first - a live Gary disc or Ye Live Jayhawke Diske?

girl incognito1
04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I wonder what will come first - a live Gary disc or Ye Live Jayhawke Diske?

Well, Gary is trying to get Vagabonds radio up on his site...so I'm thinking that will be first before the Jayhawks Live cd. ;) :o :p

JayB
04-23-2008, 07:11 AM

Yes, yes, yes!

Haggischomper
04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Only 5 stars? Vagabonds ought to be awarded it's own galaxy.

JoMama
04-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Only 5 stars? Vagabonds ought to be awarded it's own galaxy.

+ 1,000,000

This album is so cool, still after being out 2 months, it's so unlike any of the other crap out there. I'm thinking, from the bonus tracks online and that goddamn tempter of a list of songs inside the CD, that this might as well have been a 2-CD set. Hell, if Gary included his versions of the Dixie Chicks tunes, the songs from the Tuatara record, the Wordplay song, and these bonus tracks, he'd have a KILLER, and I mean SLAYER of a 2-disc solo set.
Ok, now it's coming clear, this is why you guys said he did a stint in Slayer--his music is the prime mover, the slayer, if you will. It's all clear to me now...:D