PDA

View Full Version : Mark's Seattle show

ilovemark
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Saw Mark's Seattle show last night, and have to admit I was a bit disappointed. Did anyone else think that they weren't quite with it?

The band rushed and stumbled through the first handful of songs, and seemed completely disconnected from each other and from the audience. I've noticed this tendency before -- it takes him/them a couple of songs to get into the groove, but last night was hard to watch. Hate to say it, but I sat there wishing that Gary was there or that hey had a drummer to set the pace or something. (I know it's not fair to compare Mark's new work to the Jayhawks, but the 'hawks always played really tight sets.) Last night the band just didn't seem to be working together or trying to engage the audience. (Drove me crazy that there were so many people in the bar talking and making noise---distracting!!)

They evened out eventually, but I think the audience really didn't get a good sense of his talents, especially on those first songs, which I consider some of the best on the new album. I saw them perform the same show at the same venue (tractor tavern) in August, and this show just didn't hold up. They seemed rushed and eager to get out of there. It's too bad because the album is amazing. Maybe it was just a bad night. I even wondered if they were supposed to go on first, but then had a switch in the lineup. Or maybe it was just tough to follow Mary's performance.

Mary did a great job and really connected with the audience, which seemed to be packed with her fans. Even though I'm not into her style of music and sat there gritting through it, I have to give her credit. She really made the most out of her time up there.

flowers12
02-09-2008, 06:02 AM
I think the audience really didn't get a good sense of his talents, especially on those first songs, which I consider some of the best on the new album.
I think so, I think so. I hope all the best for next shows. They deserve it.
Thank you I-love-mark ...me too
Here's a good performance of SANDY DENNY
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=2PT0BqLubQA