PDA

View Full Version : Alison krauss and Robert Plant

JumboFun
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
They have an album together! I know it sounds strange but it's very nice. It's called "Raising Sand." Mr. Plant only threatens to caterwaul a couple of times...shiver, Alison saves him, and they really sound good together.

Truscott
11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Yep, it's an interesting album for sure. Nice to see them both experimenting musically.

Melody Blues
11-25-2007, 03:30 PM
I can't say that I am fan of Plant but I might give this one a go.

Haggischomper
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM
It's deffo one of my faves in '07 - Planty's voice is sublime.

BoogieMan
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
It sounds both good and bad. Some of it is too smooth in a way. Also, Plant needs to stop doing his "C'mon c'mon" thing

Haggischomper
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Shame they won't be touring it.

Would be fantastic to see them do a show in a plush theatre setting, somewhere with great acoustics.

Calexico
11-26-2007, 03:48 AM
According to Plant and Krauss on Later last week they are thinking of doing some dates in February 08 when he is done with Zep and she has some free time.

GIBSONSG
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Per a blurb in RS they are planning a theater tour in 08

Very nice cd by the way

JoMama
11-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Would be fantastic to see them do a show in a plush theatre setting, somewhere with great acoustics.
I'm down wit dat!
Or should I say, I'm down with DAT? I certainly would love to witness such a show in person, AND have a recording of it for later...

This record gives American radio a golden opportunity to show its true potentials: Country AND Classic Rock stations could be giving this a whirl. So far, I've only heard it on 'The Current', which is affiliated with NPR. Seems like a crime, eh?
Time to call the stations and ask them wasssuppp with all this. Neil Young belongs in the same place, but Nash-Vegas wants to promote their smarmy shite instead of 'true' country... They'll play whack Toby Keith and similar 'farm rock' and even the Bon Jovi crossover thingy, but they're scared to crossover the OTHER way and support these folks that the 'new country' crowd admires and sounds like.
That's what happens when you let a few big dogs buy out all the stations and force the programmers to use 'marketing' in place of taste...

All that said, I purchased the Plant/Krause thing but haven't rec'd it yet. I should have bought it locally...

JumboFun
11-28-2007, 01:47 AM
JoMama, "Time to call the stations and ask them wasssuppp with all this. Neil Young belongs in the same place, but Nash-Vegas wants to promote their smarmy shite instead of 'true' country... They'll play whack Toby Keith and similar 'farm rock' and even the Bon Jovi crossover thingy, but they're scared to crossover the OTHER way and support these folks that the 'new country' crowd admires and sounds like."

Holy crap. You think this disc is going to be passed over?:eek: I never even gave this a thought. I just imagined them both to be so hugely famous and or popular...sigh.

JoMama
11-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Holy crap. You think this disc is going to be passed over?:eek: I never even gave this a thought. I just imagined them both to be so hugely famous and or popular...sigh.

I'm no expert, but I play one on TV.
I haven't heard any Krauss/Plant anywhere except The Current. I would think 'Country' radio would be all over this, heck, they invited the Eagles to the CMA's.

Maybe it's time :cool: RadioJed :cool: becomes an internet station. Hook up that portable on random, press 'repeat' and leave for work. No commercials, nothing but good 'ol music.;)

Jedey
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Maybe it's time :cool: RadioJed :cool: becomes an internet station. Hook up that portable on random, press 'repeat' and leave for work. No commercials, nothing but good 'ol music.;)Right now it's mobile. You just have to find me.:p

JoMama
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry to bump this one for those of you already in the know...
But the more I listen to this, the closer it inches to tops for the year for me. Ok, that's not saying much as my budget doesn't give me as many titles to choose from, but I do sample tons of music before buying...
I don't know, some of the T Bone Burnett production gets an awful lot like Daniel Lanois, and his spare instrumentation sometimes over emphasizes some of the instrumentation, but the voices are left hanging in the air and you can't help but get swept up in them.

Haggischomper
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
It's a terrific wee album. The production does get Lanois-esque but that is fine by me as Like Lanois' stuff.

Melody Blues
12-05-2007, 02:43 AM
I got this over the weekend and I have to say I can't get into it at all.

Calexico
12-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Give it time young Jedi.

Jedey
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Alison Krauss and Robert Plant filmed an episode of Crossroads on CMT it will air Monday Feb. 11. It will feature songs from the album and takes on their own repertoire. Here's a sneak peek at Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On) (http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/204585/gone-gone-gone-done-moved-on-cmt-crossroads.jhtml)

The Alison Krauss website has some touring info http://www.alisonkrauss.com/site.php